Bilal Nichols to IR

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just like older draft picks don't guarantee a quicker learning curve. Players who have bene healthy aren't guaranteed to stay that way. Monti's mistake was to believe you can throw minimal resources and talent at a huge hole and expect it to work out as planned. Dude needed to add at least three more vet front 5 players who were 5-8 mil dudes.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I don't blame Monte for injuries to players in their late twenties, who don't have a history of injury. Injuries to 3 starting offensive linemen and 3 starting defensive linemen is just buzzards luck. It can happen to any team and it's hard to account for.

I do blame Monte for bringing in only bargain basement starters at positions of need at defensive line, edge rusher, and cornerback. We needed a couple of impact players on defense and failed to do so. This is squarely on Monte.

It's now a 3 year rebuild, whether he planned it or not.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I mean it sucks. I blame Monti for the payers not playing well or up to their contract. But I cannot blame him for injuries, especially to players who are still relatively young and have no history of them. It’s not like Keim who would sign the older players with lengthy injury history. And lo and behold still get hurt.

This is just bad luck.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule before the season started screamed we would be a pretty beat up team entering game 9.

All the talk was about how the later half of the season had easier to win games.

Well none look easy when you are limping to the bathroom. We might set a record for IR members this year.

JohnnyCakes

Alpha Male
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at our schedule before the season started screamed we would be a pretty beat up team entering game 9.

All the talk was about how the later half of the season had easier to win games.

Well none look easy when you are limping to the bathroom. We might set a record for IR members this year.
we do every year. Im starting tho think its because the lack of talent puts more pressure some of these players to play to a physical fault

OP
OP
outcent13

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree that we can’t blame Monti for injuries. I’m more in the camp of “this is what it means to be a Cardinal fan”. There is always something it feels like.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that we can’t blame Monti for injuries. I’m more in the camp of “this is what it means to be a Cardinal fan”. There is always something it feels like.
I was just going to try and preempt the idea that Monti is off the hook because of injuries. All of these FA save Jonah Williams ABSOLUTELY STUNK while healthy.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
i gave Monti the benefit of the doubt in the offseason --

thinking that maybe Nichols and Justin Jones had some scheme specific skills that Gannon and staff were looking for --

but no, i think it was just bargain shopping for replacement level defensive linemen -- a concept that might work if they played next to Aaron Donald or Chris Jones, but not when they are the best player on the line

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Nichols final stats for the season:

Sacks: 0
Pressures: 1
Knockdowns: 1
Hurries: 0
Tackles: 10
Missed tackle %: 16.7%

He got paid $500K per tackle and is on the books for the next 2 years at $8 million per year.

#montitime
Even better.
Jonah Williams signed a two year, $30 million contract with the Cardinals. $21.5 million is guaranteed of which $19 million is fully guaranteed at signing. If on the roster on the 5th day of the 2025 league year Williams will earn an additional $2.5 million in guarantees along with a $1.5 million roster bonus. There are annual per game and workout bonuses. The final two years of the contract are void years for salary cap purposes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22