BJ Ojulari tears ACL in practice

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is why I inherently push back on the predicting of when to add quality players. In the NFL you never know when you will catch fire. You never know when you catch the injury bug. You can never predict key injuries. Your opponents are often much better or worse than you thought they would be before the season. You never know when you may shockingly find yourselves in the playoffs.

Best to acquire as much talent as you can using as many different ways that you can so you can compete as often as you can.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
100% this

MO should be shopping every day and making wise decisions
Which I feel he has done very at with OL. Monti has also stepped up the resources for the dline and secondary. EDGE just has not seemed to be the priority it should be even if we are talking about depth behind Ojulari and Collins.

If there are trade options available, take them. FAs taken them. It doesn't mean you have a free pass to be irresponsible like Keim. You probably don't want to trade or sign a vet FA CB with all of the draft equity used on the position unless you can grab a top guy in his prime.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Charles Harris (former first-round pick last played with the Lions) could be a name to look out for.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Which I feel he has done very at with OL. Monti has also stepped up the resources for the dline and secondary. EDGE just has not seemed to be the priority it should be even if we are talking about depth behind Ojulari and Collins.

If there are trade options available, take them. FAs taken them. It doesn't mean you have a free pass to be irresponsible like Keim. You probably don't want to trade or sign a vet FA CB with all of the draft equity used on the position unless you can grab a top guy in his prime.
Some on this board would say "Name some exact players or your post is meaningless." I say yes, this sounds like a reasoned approach to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krang, REALLY????Gardeck vs. Burns comparison??? One guy is a special teams player with an occasional pass rush. The other is a coveted, $100 million dollar player. You'd be better off making a case for BJ. He has some potential. Gardeck is a known commodity. Plus Burns is just entering his prime playing years. Not trying to insult you but that is one of the farthest-reaching, outlandish comparisons that's ever been posted. I bet I could come up with a metric somewhere that shows Levi Brown was about as good as Walter Jones.
The lengths to which some people will go to avoid admitting they’re wrong can be really bizarre sometimes.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As Bick says, we have one player in the top 100, and very few in the top 10 at their position. Monti better be a hell of a drafter to get those #'s up to competing with the big boys.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
As Bick says, we have one player in the top 100, and very few in the top 10 at their position. Monti better be a hell of a drafter to get those #'s up to competing with the big boys.
It’s really amazing people think we’re going to make a push for the playoffs but also can’t say who’s being left out.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As good as Burns can be, he had ONE more pressure than Gardeck. There's no comparison to them as players...but there is a comparison to them based on production, and for all the hoopla, Burns barely outproduced Gardeck on a lot more snaps.

You'd want the Cardinals to trade a premium pick and pay a guy nearly $30 million per year for a guy who bests Gardeck by ONE pressure? Carolina moved on because he dogged it. I listen to Panthers chatter here and there and the fans didn't really want to bring him back at all. THere is a reason the team avoided paying him for multiple seasons, he's just not consistent enough. We all want the Cardinals to fill a hole, but there are right ways and wrong ways to fill that hole, and Burns was not that guy.
One thing you’re not taking into account, team know who and where Burns is every play and gameplan for him.
They don’t even know Gardeck’s name.
Plus, I’m not a big fan of pressures. Get the QB on the ground. That’s what matters and the Cards, as a team, had 1 more sack than I did the last 6 games. Does that put me in Gardecks class?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One thing you’re not taking into account, team know who and where Burns is every play and gameplan for him.
Plus, I’m not a big fan of pressures. Get the QB on the ground. That’s what matters and the Cards, as a team, had 1 more sack than I did the last 6 games. Does that put me in Gardecks class?
20 pressures still sucks for a supposed big time pass rusher.

Carolina didn't want to bring him back for a reason.

Burns wasn't on my radar after I heard what the media here was saying about him. He dogged it.

Pressures are much more indicative of a pass rush than sacks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Carolina didn't want to bring him back for a reason.

Burns wasn't on my radar after I heard what the media here was saying about him. He dogged it.

The difference between good and great. The good rushers get there in 2.5 seconds and pressure the qb..the great rushers get there in 2.2 seconds and get the sack

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You telling me nobody knows this guy?

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The difference between good and great. The good rushers get there in 2.5 seconds and pressure the qb..the great rushers get there in 2.2 seconds and get the sack
The point I'm making is that I don't want to see Monti just throw out money just because a player is better. In a year or two, the Cardinals will be much more up against the cap and it will be harder to make moves once there is more clarity.

Who knows, maybe Garrett Williams becomes a star. Not likely, but I don't want 9 sack per year, I quit on my team, Brian Burns to put the team in position to where they can't re-sign guys.

This is the last year of patience for the team IMO. Next year there will be more clarity and they can go from there.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Newest protections with BJ out!

Between Darius Robinson from the defensive line getting playing time off the edge and inside linebacker Mack Wilson now getting edge looks with Ojulari out, the Cardinals can short this position to start, although Victor Dimukeje and Jesse Luketa could sneak on here because of special teams play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What in the world are you talking about?

“He has also led the team in overall pressures each season since 2020, including 42 pressures in 2023.”

Carolina didn't want to bring him back for a reason..

Well if a bastion of winning and great personnel decisions like Carolina didn’t want him back, that’s proof positive he’s not all that. It’s not like they make terrible decisions all the time.

I mean, it’s not like we don’t have first hand evidence of that kind of terrible franchise buffoonery in the past. Oh wait…

And the hometown media bashed him when he wanted out of a total loser? Gee… never seen anything like that either with our team. Incredible evidence he’s really not that good.

Well, what does it say then when Burns has been a league leader in both pressures AND sacks since he got in the league?

And I guess these stats really shade how weak Burns really is:

“Only six players have recorded at least 46 sacks and more than 59 tackles since 2019, and Burns is one of them. The others: Nick Bosa, Aaron Donald, Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett and T.J. Watt.”

I don’t know Gardeck’s exact stats right off hand since 2019, but according to the way you’re blowing smoke up his butt and shading Burns, he must be knocking on the door, right up close with the Bosa, Donald, Garrett and Crosby’s of the league.

I mean… this argument isn’t just bereft or reason, but is comically fact free.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The point I'm making is that I don't want to see Monti just throw out money just because a player is better. In a year or two, the Cardinals will be much more up against the cap and it will be harder to make moves once there is more clarity.

Who knows, maybe Garrett Williams becomes a star. Not likely, but I don't want 9 sack per year, I quit on my team, Brian Burns to put the team in position to where they can't re-sign guys.

This is the last year of patience for the team IMO. Next year there will be more clarity and they can go from there.
This is where we're farther apart than we think. It doesn't take 3 years of patience to sloooowly evaluate a roster and sloooowly rebuild in the NFL. Long rebuilds don't need to be and often aren't a thing in the modern NFL. Quick turnarounds, especially in the lesser conference, can be done, and done well. We've moved slower than necessary, for me.

Also, I have no faith we suddenly shift gears and change approach next offseason. I see more of the same.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What in the world are you talking about?

“He has also led the team in overall pressures each season since 2020, including 42 pressures in 2023.”

Well if a bastion of winning and great personnel decisions like Carolina didn’t want him back, that’s proof positive he’s not all that. It’s not like they make terrible decisions all the time.

I mean, it’s not like we don’t have first hand evidence of that kind of terrible franchise buffoonery in the past. Oh wait…

And the hometown media bashed him when he wanted out of a total loser? Gee… never seen anything like that either with our team. Incredible evidence he’s really not that good.

Well, what does it say then when Burns has been a league leader in both pressures AND sacks since he got in the league?

And I guess these stats really shade how weak Burns really is:

“Only six players have recorded at least 46 sacks and more than 59 tackles since 2019, and Burns is one of them. The others: Nick Bosa, Aaron Donald, Maxx Crosby, Myles Garrett and T.J. Watt.”

I don’t know Gardeck’s exact stats right off hand since 2019, but according to the way you’re blowing smoke up his butt and shading Burns, he must be knocking on the door, right up close with the Bosa, Donald, Garrett and Crosby’s of the league.

I mean… this argument isn’t just bereft or reason, but is comically fact free.
Cool story. He had one more pressure than Gardeck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05