Boldin Injury Watch

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why go to Dallas to see a chiropractor? Isn't there about 12,000 in the valley? You'd think one of them would be good enough to diagnose/treat this issue.

I HATE any Dallas connection, reeks of potential treason. Not accusing, just saying. Q is still the man, now lets see what he can do on Sunday.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Why go to Dallas to see a chiropractor? Isn't there about 12,000 in the valley? You'd think one of them would be good enough to diagnose/treat this issue.

Geez, or even try to have a good one on staff.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
if Boldin's "I deserve a new contract even though I'm perpetually injured" ass is gonna be on the field, we better not see a re-run of his pathetic performance against the Eagles the first time we played them.

Yea, and could be said of almost the whole team.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Boldin's "I deserve a new contract even though I'm perpetually injured" ass is gonna be on the field, we better not see a re-run of his pathetic performance against the Eagles the first time we played them.

Arent you the one on here spouting off to everyone to stop being negative? Yet that is about the third timeyou have said the exact same thing in totally negative fashion toward Q! Practice what you preach buddy! :D

Do you really have any doubt about how he will perform if outthere? I dont. Your last taste of the Q gave the team a HUGE 71 yard TD rcatch and run lest you forget!

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Easy.

C'mon now. This is not the time nor place for that kind of talk.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arent you the one on here spouting off to everyone to stop being negative? Yet that is about the third timeyou have said the exact same thing in totally negative fashion toward Q! Practice what you preach buddy! :D

Do you really have any doubt about how he will perform if outthere? I dont. Your last taste of the Q gave the team a HUGE 71 yard TD rcatch and run lest you forget!

Just read this after I posted my response to cheese. :thumbup:

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Dawkins definitely should have been called for his hit on Derrick Ward early in the Giants game. It was both late and helmet to helmet. The official swallowed his whistle on that one. Ward was extremely upset and justifiably so IMO.

Dawkins is border line late on a lot of his hits. He's the definition of cheapshot. Let's see if the refs have the intestinal fortitude to call something on him this Sunday.

True on that hit, no denying it. He has been taking guys' heads off lately. But that game with the Giants was a whole new level of rivalry. The Giants RBs were getting up after every play and getting a free shove at the Eagles defenders with no whistle. And the Giants' Antonio Pierce has missed no opportunities to get a rabbit punch or ankle twist after a play.

No love lost there. But to call Dawkins a cheap shot artist might be overdoing it. Most of his hits are open-field and nothing but clean. The guy trains like a maniac and shows up like guys 10 years his younger. He WANTS RBs and WRs to be concerned about him and not just think of him as a shrug-off safety.

Just saying that there are 100 guys in the league who I would call "cheap" before Dawkins.

Last edited:

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some real, insider Cardinal fan info on this site. Looks like some good conversations so far.

If you can beleive it, the "official" Cardinals forum has disabled new users this week. You know, to keep out any opposing fans that might actually want to talk about the game.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Q needs to come to play this week and I think he will. He should be motivated by Larry's coming out party, missing last weeks game and his first no show against the Eagles.

I expect him to respond. He BETTER respond if he wants that contract.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I HATE any Dallas connection, reeks of potential treason. Not accusing, just saying. Q is still the man, now lets see what he can do on Sunday.

I don't care if he went to a witchdoctor if it helps him. We need him for the street fight on Sunday. He loves a physical game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing some real, insider Cardinal fan info on this site. Looks like some good conversations so far.

If you can beleive it, the "official" Cardinals forum has disabled new users this week. You know, to keep out any opposing fans that might actually want to talk about the game.

The official Cards board is garbage. You landed in the best spot.

There are a lot of very intelligent fans here, and some inside stuff. The cards official site has great videos too, and the blog there is full of info.

We're also kind of smartasses, and are having a nice time with the disrespect chip on our shoulder, so bear that in mind when you see some of us fly off the handle.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True on that hit, no denying it. He has been taking guys' heads off lately. But that game with the Giants was a whole new level of rivalry. The Giants RBs were getting up after every play and getting a free shove at the Eagles defenders with no whistle. And the Giants' Antonio Pierce has missed no opportunities to get a rabbit punch or ankle twist after a play.

No love lost there. But to call Dawkins a cheap shot artist might be overdoing it. Most of his hits are open-field and nothing but clean. The guy trains like a maniac and shows up like guys 10 years his younger. He WANTS RBs and WRs to be concerned about him and not just think of him as a shrug-off safety.

Just saying that there are 100 guys in the league who I would call "cheap" before Dawkins.

As much as I despise the Eagles, I completely agree with this post... Including the points about Antonio Pierce.
Dawkins is a wrecking ball - but a legal one. That said, he will have his hands full with Fitz and Q, who are two of the more physical WR's in the game, with Boldin perhaps the most physical of all...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

all I know is our biggest wins the last two years have come with Boldin in street clothes... and he's had a big hand in putting us in deep holes in our worst three losses.

hopefully he recitifies that come Sunday.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
all I know is our biggest wins the last two years have come with Boldin in street clothes... and he's had a big hand in putting us in deep holes in our worst three losses.

Q is due... We are due... Boldin will have a big imprint on this game, being a BIG reason why we win...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He also had a hand in a key 71 yd TD in the most important game to date in the game against Atlanta. Made some money catches and plays in important wins to get here as well. Paint a whole picture MR. Q negative!

Last edited:

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
As much as I despise the Eagles, I completely agree with this post... Including the points about Antonio Pierce.
Dawkins is a wrecking ball - but a legal one. That said, he will have his hands full with Fitz and Q, who are two of the more physical WR's in the game, with Boldin perhaps the most physical of all...

No doubt. I'd rather see a wrap-up tackle on Fitz. I'm still waiting to see if Boldin is anywhere near 100%. If he tries to play at 80% he's going to be exposed quickly by nickel and dime packages - either with a jumped route by softy Samuel or a no-look hit by Dawkins/Mikell.

Fitz is going to be the real problem for the Eagles. Philly actually benefits a lot by the loss of Spach - both in the run blocking game and the fact that nothing beats the Eagles quite like a TE catching passes over the middle.

From what I'm been reading many Arizona fans can't stand the remaining three TEs on the roster. Which is the hallmark of a true fan. Ask any real Eagles fan if they want to see LJ Smith anywhere near the field and you'll get a straight answer quickly.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
The trainers said they would have to cut his leg off to keep him from playing against Carolina. One legged Q is going to kick ass!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he plays we need every player healthy and ready to have a shot vs the Eagles. This will be a hard fought game to the end should be great :) GO CARDINALS to afraid to say anything else lol

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And that is the end of that:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9078758/Boldin-practices,-will-play-Sunday-vs.-Eagles?MSNHPHMA

"I'll be out there Sunday," he said after practice.

Boldin said he was able to participate in all phases of practice, but in shorter spurts than normal.

He said he expected to be "real effective" in what would be the biggest game of his career.

"I don't see there being any problems, no hindrances or anything like that," Boldin said. "I'll just be myself and resume my regular role."

OP
OP
joeshmo

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
We all love Boldins attitude but lets face it he has a huge ego. Just like any other football player mind you. While he likes Fitz there is without a doubt a healthy competition there. Fitz got paid this offseason, had a great 1st round in the playoffs with an amazing catch that everyone now has a photo of, got Fitz on his 1st SI cover, had a prolific game against the Panthers, that got him his 2nd SI cover in 2 weeks, everyone is talking about Fitz.

You dont think Boldin will be up for this to get some of that attention. Without a doubt he will be.

Also dude gets frustrated and built up tension when he is out for anytime after an injury and takes it out on the 1st team he plays against. 1st game coming back from his facial injury he had 9 catches, 2 TD's, and a run of 30 yards.

As for Dawkins while he will give the highlight reel hit or two and excells in supporting the run he can be picked on in the passing game. He gets beat deep and in the middle of the field often. Even though Philly has a highly rated pass D they are still top 10 in big pass plays(20+ yarders) given up per pass attempt, and most of that is against Dawkins in coverage. He is a Liability in pass coverage. Having that awesome duo of CB's and a pass rush hides some of the time though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dawkins leads with his helmet first. Which should be a penalty but is rarely called. I like the guy though, always have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05