Boldin Injury Watch

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
We all love Boldins attitude but lets face it he has a huge ego. Just like any other football player mind you. While he likes Fitz there is without a doubt a healthy competition there. Fitz got paid this offseason, had a great 1st round in the playoffs with an amazing catch that everyone now has a photo of, got Fitz on his 1st SI cover, had a prolific game against the Panthers, that got him his 2nd SI cover in 2 weeks, everyone is talking about Fitz.

You dont think Boldin will be up for this to get some of that attention. Without a doubt he will be.

Also dude gets frustrated and built up tension when he is out for anytime after an injury and takes it out on the 1st team he plays against. 1st game coming back from his facial injury he had 9 catches, 2 TD's, and a run of 30 yards.

As for Dawkins while he will give the highlight reel hit or two and excells in supporting the run he can be picked on in the passing game. He gets beat deep and in the middle of the field often. Even though Philly has a highly rated pass D they are still top 10 in big pass plays(20+ yarders) given up per pass attempt, and most of that is against Dawkins in coverage. He is a Liability in pass coverage. Having that awesome duo of CB's and a pass rush hides some of the time though.

NFL Matchup producer Greg Cosell said almost exactly that several weeks ago on FSR. He actually said that both Mikell and Dawkins are mediocre in pass coverage. The real strength of the Philly defense is their blitz packages and DC Jim Johnson. Kind of make you wonder why they have to blitz so much.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
NFL Matchup producer Greg Cosell said almost exactly that several weeks ago on FSR. He actually said that both Mikell and Dawkins are mediocre in pass coverage. The real strength of the Philly defense is their blitz packages and DC Jim Johnson. Kind of make you wonder why they have to blitz so much.

True on both counts. But it's no surprise that Dawkins is both old (35) and is a starter for his hitting and run stopping. Or that both are safties and not cornerbacks.

I always find it a little interesting when people claim that Dawkins is a huge achilles heal in the passing game. Can't that be said for nearly every safety in the game? There is a reason that CBs usually convert to safety later in their career - the speed just isn't there as they get older.

They blitz a lot because it works. There is a lot of depth at CB and the nickel and dime packages are on the field a good amount of the time. As Arizona fans probably know from their own team's 3-4 mobile front 7, it takes a lot of discipline by all 11 on the field to maintain zone coverage when mixing it up. JJ puts in a ton of time drilling that into his players.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Dawkins leads with his helmet first. Which should be a penalty but is rarely called. I like the guy though, always have.

exactly how i feel about him. Im like, wait! thats a penalty. but then i realize he is a badass. Come sunday though, screw that guy.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Arizona's Boldin says he's likely to play Sunday
By ANDREW BAGNATO – 1 hour ago

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — After missing a playoff game with an injured hamstring, Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin said he expects to play in the NFC championship against Philadelphia on Sunday

"I'm feeling good," Boldin said after practice Friday. "I've been able to practice all week, so if nothing else happens at this point, I'll be out on the field."

Boldin, who with Larry Fitzgerald forms possibly the best receiving tandem in football, said a trip to a Dallas chiropractor this week greatly improved his strained left hamstring. The injury kept Boldin out of the Cardinals' 33-13 victory at Carolina in Saturday's divisional playoff game.

Boldin has practiced each of the last three days, and he said he should be able to run all his normal pass routes Sunday.

"For me, it isn't a problem either way right now," Boldin said. "It's not grabbing, so I don't have any problem with it. I'm able to run short and deep routes."

Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt said he didn't know how the hamstring might limit Boldin against the Eagles.

"I think we'll get a better feel as the game goes on," Whisenhunt said. "I expect him to be in the game. We'll see how it goes, how he gets involved with the flow of the game. Obviously, we'll give him as much as he can handle."

Boldin injured his hamstring on a 71-yard touchdown pass from Kurt Warner in the second quarter of Arizona's 30-24 wild-card victory over Atlanta on Jan. 3. Boldin caught 89 passes for 1,038 yards and 11 touchdowns in the regular season despite missing four games with injuries.

Warner said Boldin hasn't been slowed in practice this week.

"I'm sure only Anquan knows how good he feels," Warner said. "But at least he's been running around. You haven't noticed any discrepancy in the way he's running or the way he's pushing himself, and so we're excited about that because he obviously adds another dimension to our football team and another weapon and a go-to guy."

For Philadelphia, running back Brian Westbrook, who has a knee injury, practiced Friday for the first time in three days and is expected to play.

Westbrook said he tweaked the knee in last week's divisional playoff victory over the New York Giants but that it "just feels good.

"I don't know what it is," Westbrook said after practice Friday. "I just feel good right now."

Offensive tackle Jon Runyan, who also has a knee injury, didn't practice all week but is likely to play. Runyan has played in 212 consecutive games, including the playoffs.

Eagles safety Brian Dawkins, who has a back injury, also participated fully in practice for the second consecutive day.

:newcards:

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Total guess, as all of this will be, but it's interesting how we're hearing the player say he is playing, a Questionable rating, and ambiguous comments from a head coach.

Makes me think he isn't nearly 100%. Sure, it might be smoke and mirrors, but as the week rolls on that's the sense I get.

I'll ask this, instead: If Boldin is slowed by injury, do you still want him out there this Sunday? Not as a boost to the crowd. As a player. Some guys play well hurt, others are a liability. What you, Cards fans?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Total guess, as all of this will be, but it's interesting how we're hearing the player say he is playing, a Questionable rating, and ambiguous comments from a head coach.

Makes me think he isn't nearly 100%. Sure, it might be smoke and mirrors, but as the week rolls on that's the sense I get.

I'll ask this, instead: If Boldin is slowed by injury, do you still want him out there this Sunday? Not as a boost to the crowd. As a player. Some guys play well hurt, others are a liability. What you, Cards fans?

Dude, feel free to make more of this all you want. It's seems clear to me it's more hope on your part that Q isn't healthy and able to contribute.
I'm quite certain you're in for a 'lil suprise come Sunday...

;)

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, feel free to make more of this all you want. It's seems clear to me it's more hope on your part that Q isn't healthy and able to contribute.
I'm quite certain you're in for a 'lil suprise come Sunday...

;)

Hey, I'll take him on the field either way. He's going to get targeted for blindside hits over the middle if he's healthy or hobbled. Just being curious.

If I was the only one wondering, Boldin's ongoing health update wouldn't be such a huge news story this week.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'll take him on the field either way. He's going to get targeted for blindside hits over the middle if he's healthy or hobbled. Just being curious.

If I was the only one wondering, Boldin's ongoing health update wouldn't be such a huge news story this week.

They better bring it hard then, 'cause he's a grown ass man.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Right On!

;)

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Right On!

;)

I like you guys with a sense of humor. This interaction is helping me get geared up for the game. The national media has the Eagles taking this one quickly. These Cards fans are balancing it out nicely.

Either way it shake out, it's been a fun week so far.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sad you don't know some of the in jokes, like grown ass man.

You fit in, RandomGuy, better than most random guys.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
It's sad you don't know some of the in jokes, like grown ass man.

You fit in, RandomGuy, better than most random guys.

Actually, I did get grown-ass man. Sounds like a ProFootballTalk article.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05