Boldin Misses Practice

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From ESPN may be the same article.

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Anquan Boldin skipped the first voluntary on-field workout Monday because of the Cardinals' failure to extend his contract.

Anquan Boldin
Wide Receiver
Arizona Cardinals

2004 SEASON STATISTICS
Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
56 623 1 11.1 31 156

Boldin, a second-round draft pick, was the 2003 NFL offensive rookie of the year, and feels that he deserves first-round money.

"I think the significance is that he feels that he should have a new contract," coach Dennis Green said. "And we feel that he should have a new contract extension, too, so that hasn't changed. We said it a long time ago, so it's been over a year since we said it, and it's just unfortunate that we haven't been able to reach an agreement on it."

Green wasn't sure if Boldin would attend the post-draft minicamp that begins Friday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is going to get ugly I fear. Q - you better have super human powers - this ain't the Mackage team - NO ONE'S UNTOUCHABLE - especially WRs with really bad knees and one GREAT season of Numbers which had very little actual impact.

As far as blasting the agent - you gotta look at the guy who hired him as well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

Don't shatter the image of my favorite player! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!
:wave:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty big situation here. It could turn into the turd in a punch bowl, killing the positive mo the team has right now.

If there is a big difference in their contract stances, and the Cards have made a good market-value offer, I think the Cards need to handle this differently than past holdouts. I think they need to go public with the numbers. They cannot allow a player to hold them hostage and get what he wants. Or, we'll see other try this next year. But, we also need to nip the "Same old cheap Cardinals" stuff in the bud. This season going into the new stadium is too important we need to avoid as much negativity as possible.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
This is going to get ugly I fear. Q - you better have super human powers - this ain't the Mackage team - NO ONE'S UNTOUCHABLE - especially WRs with really bad knees and one GREAT season of Numbers which had very little actual impact.

Yep.

At this point Anquan Boldin has officially blown it.
:thumbdown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Yep.

At this point Anquan Boldin has officially blown it.
:thumbdown

hold on a minute we don't know a thing about the numbers that are actually being thrown around. for all players' greediness the bidwells have been known to be thrifty. we don't know who's to blame yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
hold on a minute we don't know a thing about the numbers that are actually being thrown around. for all players' greediness the bidwells have been known to be thrifty. we don't know who's to blame yet.

that's true - but we have been taking care of our own the last two years - even to a fualt. Adrian got exactly what he deserved - even more so probably and Shelton and No Play Ray got pretty nice contracts as well. Not to mention the coin we've been throwing around to guys that we really needed - Chike, Berry, Warner, Ross.

You gotta figure Boldin figures into that crowd - they didn't low-ball the other guys - Idon't see why they'd be low-balling him - especially with a considerable amount of cap space still out there.

I won't throw Q under the bus - but with Drew as his agent, it wouldn't surprise me if he was asking for the moon.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Lets not hate on the Quan it is too early yet, but Cheese was right on. I dont want to see a bunch of posts about what a scum bag Rosenhaus is w/o at least acknowledging that Quan is every bit as guilty!

Blame for a holdout falls on both Quan and Rosensleeze.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Lets not hate on the Quan it is too early yet, but Cheese was right on. I dont want to see a bunch of posts about what a scum bag Rosenhaus is w/o at least acknowledging that Quan is every bit as guilty!

Blame for a holdout falls on both Quan and Rosensleeze.

can't argue with that logic

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
that's true - but we have been taking care of our own the last two years - even to a fualt. Adrian got exactly what he deserved - even more so probably and Shelton and No Play Ray got pretty nice contracts as well. Not to mention the coin we've been throwing around to guys that we really needed - Chike, Berry, Warner, Ross.

You gotta figure Boldin figures into that crowd - they didn't low-ball the other guys - Idon't see why they'd be low-balling him - especially with a considerable amount of cap space still out there.

I won't throw Q under the bus - but with Drew as his agent, it wouldn't surprise me if he was asking for the moon.

I think you've hit it pretty much on the head.

The Cardinals have almost zero reasons to be a grinch about this. Just think about it for a second, new image, new stadium, momentum everywhere, Bill Sr most definitely not calling the shots, yet they revert to their old ways on their most popular player now of all times?

I'm sorry I love Boldin but if anything the Fitz thing got into his head, he retaliates by hiring a gunslinger and we find ourselves in this muck.

Hopefully if Boldin is what we all picture him to be he at least moderates Drew's greed and settles for a fair offer, if not I hope the team publicly states it's offer and position and moves on without him if need be.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
And this is why i bought a Fitz Jersey. I have a bad feeling Q wont be a card for too much longer. We all know green wont take crap from nobody.

BTW Cardiholic dont laugh i expect big things from LeRon. I picked him as my 5th round pick for the cards in my mock. He will be the teams #3 WR before the end of the year. The guy can blaze. He reminds me of NE's Bethel Johnson. They guy can do it all. Definately open up the field for the slot WR.

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
I think they had every intention of giving Quan a nice deal, just had to wait to pull some things together and see what they had left to offer. Then Quan goes and hires Rosenhaus. What was originally a show of respect by the Cards, ends up in greed with Quan. Bad, bad move.

As I've stated before, Hines Ward makes 1.67 million per year and IMO is a far superior player and possesses two good knees. The Steelers I've heard will renegotiate his contract and that Ward will average 3 million/yr. If Quan thinks he's worth more than that, well.....

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:

I think what he is saying is we know who will get the blame without knowing the numbers publically..... the "Cheap Bidwells."

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
NavyVet said:
I think they had every intention of giving Quan a nice deal, just had to wait to pull some things together and see what they had left to offer. Then Quan goes and hires Rosenhaus. What was originally a show of respect by the Cards, ends up in greed with Quan. Bad, bad move.

As I've stated before, Hines Ward makes 1.67 million per year and IMO is a far superior player and possesses two good knees. The Steelers I've heard will renegotiate his contract and that Ward will average 3 million/yr. If Quan thinks he's worth more than that, well.....

Precisely,

He is more or less is Hines Ward, he's not Randy Moss, or Owens, Hines Ward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
Precisely,

He is more or less is Hines Ward, he's not Randy Moss, or Owens, Hines Ward.

exactly - and he's never had the impact of Ward. That's Boldin's best case scenario IMO - to be a Hines Ward - that's pretty damn good, but it ain't Holt, Moss, TO, Harrison.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
exactly - and he's never had the impact of Ward. That's Boldin's best case scenario IMO - to be a Hines Ward - that's pretty damn good, but it ain't Holt, Moss, TO, Harrison.

He was awesome his first year but he racked up a ton of yards because he was our only threat. He did do well with it but had he played on a good team that had other weapons he would not have set the record he did.

He is a very good player who is currently in the process of blowing up one of his greatest assests and that's his rep as a team player who does whatever it takes to help the team.

CardsRep03

Registered
Reaction score
The Fitz deal is messing the whole thing up. Boldin sees this and basically wants the same thing given the monster year he had in '03. The thing huring Quan is the knee injury he had last year. I don't think it will hinder him but the Cardinals may view this as a question mark to some degree.

This really sucks cuz I love Quan as a player as hope a deal get done soon. I feel if he has a really awesome year in '05 he'll be rewarded handsomely in '06--the year the new stadium opens up. We'll see.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets not kid ourselves for 1 second. Q is ( and will be ) a vital part of this offense.
The reason I'm not going goofy about this right now is that the Cards have publicly stated that they want Q on this team and are TRYING to work out an extention for him.
Now the million dollar question. What is fair?

It still is no excuse for Q not to show up. In fact his appearance would enhance public setiment on the situation.

Reaction score
If boldin leaves, i might leave to, and im sure i wont be the only one.

If this contract does NOT get done with boldin to a long term deal, we know hes gone after 2 years, obvioulsy, you will see him walk. Thats why its so damn hard to buy into this team with the bidwills (probably did pronounce their names wrong, but they aren't worth the change) runing the show. being a fan since they moved here and gone to every single game. Uggg!!! Supposedly its "greens show" so if he cant get it done then NO BODY WILL and it will be the same old cardinals, (great players) for a year or 2 then them leaving, come on guys look at our history. So true. GO CARDINALS!

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

I watched Ward all of last year and would take him over all those guys, my Boldin comparison is to Chris Carter.

Don't do it to us Boldin!!!!!!!!!