Boldin Misses Practice

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
john h said:
Sure sounds just like where we are headed. Same deal with T.O in Philly. If he cannot live with the contract let him sit if he chooses. You cannot open the door he wants opened or else everyone else will be knocking on the same door. If he had a lousy year last year I am sure he would be there to give back some money.

Trade Quan to Philly for TO. TO is like Randy Moss (egomaniac) but I would much rather pay TO Xm/yr than Quan.

....waits for crowd to demand a lynching.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Lets not hate on the Quan it is too early yet, but Cheese was right on. I dont want to see a bunch of posts about what a scum bag Rosenhaus is w/o at least acknowledging that Quan is every bit as guilty!

Blame for a holdout falls on both Quan and Rosensleeze.

Two years to go on his contract and he wants a re-do. I do not need to know anymore. This is not about the Bidwills being cheap. It is about how to run a business. Enjoy your summer Quan.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AZCARDINALS4EVA said:
If this contract does NOT get done with boldin to a long term deal, we know hes gone after 2 years, obvioulsy, you will see him walk. Thats why its so damn hard to buy into this team with the bidwills (probably did pronounce their names wrong, but they aren't worth the change) runing the show. being a fan since they moved here and gone to every single game. Uggg!!! Supposedly its "greens show" so if he cant get it done then NO BODY WILL and it will be the same old cardinals, (great players) for a year or 2 then them leaving, come on guys look at our history. So true. GO CARDINALS!

I am no fan of the Bidwills but I am with them on this. Do not cave to pressure. If he has a good year this year then come with a decent offer.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
clif said:
i keep hearing people say that Quan wants Fitz type money, and this situation came about because of the team drafting Fitz. Does anyone honestly believe that had the team not taken Fitz, then Boldin would not have wanted this money?

I mean the guy WAS THE OFFENSE in 2003. I really like the guy, but there is no way we should break the bank on any player. If TO and MOSS can get traded (i dont think Quan is like either player mind you) then Q has to realize that he is treading on thin ice.

No Cliff I do not believe that. He would still want more money.

sunsfan13

Reaction score
Make him a reasonable offer. If it's not acceptable to Boldin and his loser agent, TRADE HIM. The guy has two years left on his contract and is asking for a new deal and more money. He hasn't even played football in a year. There is no way that having great numbers that were unproductive over one season as a rookie should warrant a new deal. This is the deal he signed and he should now have to play it out. End of story.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
sunsfan13 said:
He hasn't even played football in a year. There is no way that having great numbers that were unproductive over one season as a rookie should warrant a new deal. This is the deal he signed and he should now have to play it out. End of story.

He started in the last 9 games this past season.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
QUILTY of What?

Hiring someone to represent his best interests.

When the hell did that become indictable?

He, and many others - hire Rosenhaus because he gets the job done, period.

What could possibly be wrong with that.

I think you misunderstood. If everyone is bagging on Rosenhaus for having Quan holdout you dont think he deserves part of that blame as well?

The first posts on this thread where something to the effect of "That Rosenhaus sure is a snake int he grass" fact is Quan hired him. So people need to understand he has as much to do with the holdout as Rosenhaus! :wave:

seesred

Reaction score
So far he has not held out of anything. Why are so many making something out of maybe nothing?

GBR

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Was that pre-injury or post?

Does new deal mean extension or completely new?

Not being argumentative...just asking. :shrug:

pre injury, don't recall if we said extensior or new deal.

seesred

Reaction score
That is part of the problem the agent wants a new contract, the Cards want an extension. That is the biggest area that will have to be cleared up.

GBR

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
:computer:

I hate greedy sports agents! Drew, You Suck!

I have to say that Rosenhaus is a schmuck! I was watching a piece they did on NFL network with Rosenhaus and Dan Coaty of USC. They had cameras with them as they sat and watched the draft. Rosenhaus kept telling the kid, "oh you're defintely going in the next five picks..." and you could see Coaty and his family getting really frustrated. It was pretty funny to see what a "used car salesman" he really is.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I don't think that's right. The way I remember it, Boldin chose to not sit when given the chance. Then, he didn't even practice, the knee locked during warm ups. Now, perhaps Boldin does feel the Cards' doctors should've told him to sit, but I've never heard him even imply that.

I dont think thats true aj. He hurt it during the scrimmage on the turf. He had an MRI and sat out the next days practice. Then the doctors said he could continue to practice. The next day he practiced in the morning and seemd fine. Then in the afternoon the he collapsed during warm-ups. At least thats how I remember it. I was up there during the time and seemed pretty vivid. Is that incorrect?

ryanshaug

Registered
Reaction score
Rosenhaus is a slimeball...he does this with all his players. I really wish Boldin would just drop his ass and work with the Cards in good faith. He deserves to get paid and have some security, but not at the sake of the team...

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Uhmm, 1st round money?

Quan was picked in the second round. A contract is a contract. He signed it.

I think he should say instead of 1st round money, "I think I earned and deserve a pay raise for my past performances in helping the team."

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Boldin should get the contract extension that he deserves, but you should never renegotiate a contract. It sets a bad precedent. If Anquan is willing to holdout, then trade him immediately or let him sit. He signed the contract so he should live with it. Teams needs cheap young talent through the draft in order to compete. We shouldn't compromise our progress. We should do as the Eagles are doing with Owens.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wilycoyote24 said:
Boldin should get the contract extension that he deserves, but you should never renegotiate a contract. It sets a bad precedent. If Anquan is willing to holdout, then trade him immediately or let him sit. He signed the contract so he should live with it. Teams needs cheap young talent through the draft in order to compete. We shouldn't compromise our progress. We should do as the Eagles are doing with Owens.

:doi:

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Shane H said:

I'm not sure what you have issue with, but I'll guess that you think that that is a contradition. I think he should honor his remaining 2 years on his contract at about $500,000 or so, but then should get a contract EXTENSION at a much more appropriate price once he proves that he can come back from his injury.

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How Boldin got hurt

Shane H said:
I dont think thats true aj. He hurt it during the scrimmage on the turf. He had an MRI and sat out the next days practice. Then the doctors said he could continue to practice. The next day he practiced in the morning and seemd fine. Then in the afternoon the he collapsed during warm-ups. At least thats how I remember it. I was up there during the time and seemed pretty vivid. Is that incorrect?

Shane, your close. The only 3 days I was up there were the days surrounding Boldin's injury. Here's how I remembered it happening.

I caught the morning practice prior to the day he was hurt. He appeared to be a little stiff but was still by far the best receiver on the field. That afternoon they had special teams practice and I don't remember even seeing him. The next morning my wife and I got to the training facility 15 minutes prior to practice and he had already been taken off the field as he had hurt himself in pre practice stretching/jogging.

Two things I'm very clear on; first he was somewhat stiff the prior to the injury. Second, he hurt himself in the morning before practice.

There's no doubt in my mind that Quan feels the Cardinals are somewhat responsible for his injury given the circumstances surrounding his diagnosis.

Also, if you notice how Anquan said "he was taking it easy this offseason" and "I'm giving my body a chance to heal for the first time in years" comments it's clear to me that he's convinced he can no longer afford to take the chance of hurting himself without guaranteed money or else he's risking the pay off that never came because of being drafted in the 2nd round.

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
RedRob said:
Shane, your close. The only 3 days I was up there were the days surrounding Boldin's injury. Here's how I remembered it happening.

I caught the morning practice prior to the day he was hurt. He appeared to be a little stiff but was still by far the best receiver on the field. That afternoon they had special teams practice and I don't remember even seeing him. The next morning my wife and I got to the training facility 15 minutes prior to practice and he had already been taken off the field as he had hurt himself in pre practice stretching/jogging.

Two things I'm very clear on; first he was somewhat stiff the prior to the injury. Second, he hurt himself in the morning before practice.

There's no doubt in my mind that Quan feels the Cardinals are somewhat responsible for his injury given the circumstances surrounding his diagnosis.

Also, if you notice how Anquan said "he was taking it easy this offseason" and "I'm giving my body a chance to heal for the first time in years" comments it's clear to me that he's convinced he can no longer afford to take the chance of hurting himself without guaranteed money or else he's risking the pay off that never came because of being drafted in the 2nd round.

Boldin is as nice as guy as there is.But, when you hire a rouqe agent and your someone like Boldin it tells me your on borrowed time. He's going for the easy money now. It's not going to happen. Just ask Mr.Rodgers what the pay difference is between SF and GB. It was Boldin's responsibility to hire and agent that could get thru this negotiation. He has choosen greed. That's sad.
You know, you don't have to look for old man greed,he'll find you.
I am for the Arizona Cardinals, not Bolldin's Cardinals.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Trade Quan to Philly for TO. TO is like Randy Moss (egomaniac) but I would much rather pay TO Xm/yr than Quan.

....waits for crowd to demand a lynching.

T.O. is doing the same thing to the Eagles as we speak.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I think you misunderstood. If everyone is bagging on Rosenhaus for having Quan holdout you dont think he deserves part of that blame as well?

The first posts on this thread where something to the effect of "That Rosenhaus sure is a snake int he grass" fact is Quan hired him. So people need to understand he has as much to do with the holdout as Rosenhaus! :wave:

In the final analysis it is all on Quan. His agent may advise him but he makes the decision.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
seesred said:
So far he has not held out of anything. Why are so many making something out of maybe nothing?

GBR

He missed practice which is a big no no in DG's mind. People get fired for less.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Billy Flynt said:
I have to say that Rosenhaus is a schmuck! I was watching a piece they did on NFL network with Rosenhaus and Dan Coaty of USC. They had cameras with them as they sat and watched the draft. Rosenhaus kept telling the kid, "oh you're defintely going in the next five picks..." and you could see Coaty and his family getting really frustrated. It was pretty funny to see what a "used car salesman" he really is.

From a fans and owners point of view Rosenhaus is a schmuck. In the mind of the players he is some sort of wonder maker. All depends from where you view.

Last edited:

seesred

Reaction score
He played injury free the second half of last year and had only 2 less catches than Fritz. His injury IMO is a non issue as he has proven he is alright by playing hard last year after the injury. He has the most catches ever by a pro WR in his first two years and he missed half of one. Let's stand behind both the team and Q and hope they can get the deal done. I would hate to see him go or the team and agent get into a negative publicity thing. With all that's right now the last thing we need is the fringe fan thinking same old Cards.

GBR
In Green we trust