Boris Diaw is completely worthless.

OP
OP
JS22

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Damnit, Boris does it again. The Pacers are on a run, and Diaw has a WIDE OPEN layup. But what does he do? He passes it to Skinner who misses the jump shot.

His awful play is driving me insane.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Damnit, Boris does it again. The Pacers are on a run, and Diaw has a WIDE OPEN layup. But what does he do? He passes it to Skinner who misses the jump shot.

His awful play is driving me insane.

I wouldn't say it was WIDE open, but certainly makeable and the layup would've had a better chance to go in than that Brian Skinner jumpshot. That play drove me up the wall too.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Diaw & Brarbosa have both been pretty horrible the last few games. LB hasn't been good since Raja came back and Diaw hasn't been good since 04-05. If they keep laying eggs out there then maybe we need to bench them for a game or two to send them a message that their effort isn't good enough and their minutes aren't guaranteed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Diaw & Brarbosa have both been pretty horrible the last few games. LB hasn't been good since Raja came back and Diaw hasn't been good since 04-05. If they keep laying eggs out there then maybe we need to bench them for a game or two to send them a message that their effort isn't good enough and their minutes aren't guaranteed.

I'm used to the ups and downs with Boris but I am completely perplexed about Barbosa. He just doesn't look like the same player of late. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with how the Suns are being defensed outside or maybe he has an injury. In the Indiana game tonight it seemed the inside was more open than the outside.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, LB has stopped attacking the basket and cutting backdoor for easy layups. He's hesitating on his 3's and the ball seems to stick in his hands too much (overdribbling). Our whole offense seems to get stagnant at times and we're not pushing the tempo to get fast breaks and force mismatches.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, LB has stopped attacking the basket and cutting backdoor for easy layups. He's hesitating on his 3's and the ball seems to stick in his hands too much (overdribbling). Our whole offense seems to get stagnant at times and we're not pushing the tempo to get fast breaks and force mismatches.

I guess if one wants to look at the bright side, the Suns are winning without bringing their "A" game. Also who would have thought that that Skinner is bringing more off the bench than LB and Diaw of late. I've always liked Skinner defensively and as a banger but he is also bringing some offense as well. Just to think the Suns FO was debating on whether to give him a guaranteed contract. On the negative side, LB is too experienced not to know how to attack a team offensively. I truly thought this was going to be a great year for LB. Now I'm beginning to wonder. Maybe Hill and Skinner (being significant contributors) has skewed the chemistry of the team. However, if LB and Diaw can get back on track this could be a very good Suns team.

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Coach is figuring this out too, in the last 3 out of 4 games Skinner is getting more time then Diaw.

Last edited:

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like nobody has yet commented on the most interesting Diaw tidbit from tonight's game: in a loose ball scramble after a Suns' block, Diaw tried to pick up the ball (either awkwardly or half-heartedly -- I couldn't tell which) rather than hit the floor, and it would up in Indiana's possession. D'Antoni was livid, walking onto the court and shouting at Diaw "C'mon!" over and over, not encouragingly, but scornfully. A hopeful sign?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
A "hopeful" sign would have come in the preseason with some more impactful comments than an in-game "c'mon"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's really amazing what a complete waste of space Diaw is. I remember back in that summer, the three guys who signed those big contract extensions were Josh Howard, Kaman and Diaw. Howards only gotten better and better and is now the leading scorer on that team. Meanwhile, both Kaman and Diaw regressed last year, but Kaman's come back with a vengence this year and Diaw continues to regress. It's really pathetic and a significant blow to this team. Sure, he might be a backup plan if Amare goes down, but a backup plan that would do what? Play .550 ball and get their asses kicked in the first round?

Man, I wish there was someway we could completely screw over the Griz for some kind of Diaw/Hawks Pick for Mike Miller. Our team would be unstoppable at that point and it would finally have the shooting DA craves.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A "hopeful" sign would have come in the preseason with some more impactful comments than an in-game "c'mon"

A hopeful sign would be announcing he is getting benched to possibly light a fire under him. A side from the half baked attempt at getting that lose ball, what about the passiveness under the basket AGAIN.

First he had an easy path to the basket on one play then on another HE WAS RIGHT UNDER THE FRICKEN BASKET and passed it. WTF Diaw??? What part of shoot the ball when your a foot away doesn't he get? At the very least draw a fargin foul. :bang:

Diaw is quickly shaping up to be a one year wonder. I am sorry guys, this can't continue. I really really hope Diaw gets a clue fast. Either that or the Suns just wasted a chunk of change on the guy. My prediction???

:titanic: Please let me be wrong Diaw.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Maybe we should try to start him and LB in place of Hill and Bell to jump start the former's game. Hill need to be on the court while Nash sits, and LB has been awful after Bell returned to starting.

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
A hopeful sign would be announcing he is getting benched to possibly light a fire under him.

The worse is that Diaw looks like he needs to be confident and confortable with the role he must play to be effective. I am afraid it will not have much positive effect to light a fire under him.

The big problem with the situation with Diaw (and maybe LB):

Grant Hill, GF 36
Shawn Marion, F 40
Amare Stoudemire, C 36
Raja Bell, SG 39
Steve Nash, PG 39

If our starters must play that kind of minutes because our coach (for some good reason) is more reluctant than ever to use his bench, we will be completely depleted before the end of the season.

I believe our coach could open the bench a bit more and limit our starters minutes (even if it costs us a couple of games).

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like nobody has yet commented on the most interesting Diaw tidbit from tonight's game: in a loose ball scramble after a Suns' block, Diaw tried to pick up the ball (either awkwardly or half-heartedly -- I couldn't tell which) rather than hit the floor, and it would up in Indiana's possession. D'Antoni was livid, walking onto the court and shouting at Diaw "C'mon!" over and over, not encouragingly, but scornfully. A hopeful sign?

My interpretation on this play was completely different after watching replay. It looked like the opposing player deliberately fell across both of Diaw's ankles and I think D'Antoni was furious the referees did not call a foul. Diaw did eventually end up on the floor going for the ball and this is where it happened. Maybe someone has it on tape and can comment further. However, I think D'Antoni's wrath... "C'mon!" was aimed at the referees.

Last edited:

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
How about Diaw and the Atlanta pick for Joe Smith, Sefolosha and Joakim Noah from Chicago?

I realize this isn't the trade forum, but thought I'd just throw it out there anyway.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I've really soured on Diaw. Almost to the point that I'd take anyone that could run the high post and rebound with aggressiveness over him. :( (Salary proportionate of course.)

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think the addition of Grant Hill has really made us see Doris's faults even more because Grant does all of the same things offensively that Doris does and Grant does them better. Grant's a better passer, dribbler, jumpshooter, slasher to the basket, etc etc. Grant shouldn't be trying to guard centers like Doris does though. I think Doris's confidence is completely gone because the Suns have other guys that can do what he does and they do it better (Amare's inside scoring, Grant's playmaking).

I don't know how they can do it, but they need to find a way to give this guy a swift kick in the ass. He needs to realize that just because there are other guys that can do what he does, doesn't mean he should stop doing them and just let the other guys take over. We need every guy being aggressive and playing to their strengths and not passing up layups for low percentage shots. Doris is smart and he's got good skills, he just needs the right mentality to make it all work. Maybe they need to put more pressure & responsibility on him like they did the season Amare was out. Let's face it, the Suns can win without him playing well so he probably doesn't feel like an important part of the team.

nowagimp

Reaction score

I think Boris is playing on a bad wheel(ankle), Nash has a bad elbow(and possibly shoulder) that is effecting his outside shooting, and I dont know what is wrong with LB, perhaps its only confidence(though he had an elbow injury a few weeks ago). Certainly, the perimeter game has been poor and that effects spacing negatively. I dont like the way Boris seems to have an aversion to finishing, but maybe its the bad wheel. He does look extra slow off the dribble lately. On the positive side, Hill looks great, Skinner is really fitting in and contributing, the chemistry between shawn, amare, and Hill is looking very good, and Raja isnt back, but showing signs. The suns are not playing very well and still winning. Hopefully, they can get healthy and get some confidence back. There is still alot of time and the suns arent the only team having problems. Utah and Dallas have blundered a bit, the rockets continue to have TMAC injury problems, and the spurs have an injured TD. Its early in the season and there is a long way to go. My concerns are that the suns stay within striking distance of the top seed and get healthy.

nowagimp

Reaction score
My interpretation on this play was completely different after watching replay. It looked like the opposing player deliberately fell across both of Diaw's ankles and I think D'Antoni was furious the referees did not call a foul. Diaw did eventually end up on the floor going for the ball and this is where it happened. Maybe someone has it on tape and can comment further. However, I think D'Antoni's wrath... "C'mon!" was aimed at the referees.

Thats what I thought, and he got up limping. This is where EJ does a better job than Majerle. The fall across both ankles looked contrived. Im betting that the scouts know about Diaws ankles, the fans just dont. Majerle seems to have just a partial interest in what is going on out on the floor. I get the feeling that thunder dan would rather be playing, and really isnt into color commentary.