Boris Diaw Who/Updates

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Games where he played over 30 minutes:

Apr 17 - 40 min - 20pts 9ast 5rb
Mar 18 - 31 min - 17pts 8rb
Mar 2 - 32 min - 6pts 3ast 2rb (not good)
Feb 25 - 33 min - 17pts 4ast 4rb
Feb 16 - 33 min - 13pts 6ast 6rb
Feb 10 - 32 min - 8pts 4ast 5rb
Feb 5 - 36 min - 4pts 5ast 4rb
Dec 11 - 32 min - 3pts 3ast 8rb
Nov 30 - 31 min - 10pts 4ast 7rb
Nov 7 - 34 min - 7pts 6ast 2rb
Nov 3 - 34 min - 5pts 2ast 2rb

He obviously got a lot better as the season wore on, but his minutes fluctuated like crazy--over the past 9 games, his minutes were: 8, 15, 8, 4, 9, 14, 40, 28, 12. The other months weren't any better.

Sounds like a great rebounder though.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Another friendly match for Diaw and France versus Turkey tonight. They lost again (93-85) but Diaw scored 25 pts (highest scorer).

I'll post the box-score when available.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Hej killar, Välkommen till solar plats, tacks för upplysninger! :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
25 points! We might have another Leandro Barbosa in our hands here!;)

For the record if this kid turns out to be a legit player, i feel really good about how that trade ended up. Its all up to the coaching staff and Diaw's passion. Hopefull Amare rubs off on him.......

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can anyone find his shot selections for the game. If anybody has a tape break out the jump shots, 3pt. attempts, lay ups, dunks and put backs.

I did notice in his line from the previous game he was 1-1 from 3pt, that surprised me.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
Hej killar, Välkommen till solar plats, tacks för upplysninger! :)

What's that, swedish?

Anyway, here's the boxscore ripped from the newspaper :

You must be registered for see images

Diaw has shot 11-14 (including 1-1 from behind the arc) to go with 4 rebounds and an assist.

Edit : I've read the small article about the game and apparently, due to the lack of bigs, Diaw played on the wing and inside ala Marion, scoring low post and defending on Okur !

Last edited:

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ollie said:
What's that, swedish?

Anyway, here's the boxscore ripped from the newspaper :

Diaw has shot 11-14 (including 1-1 from behind the arc) to go with 4 rebounds and an assist.

Edit : I've read the small article about the game and apparently, due to the lack of bigs, Diaw played on the wing and inside ala Marion, scoring low post and defending on Okur !

If this is the case maybe Diaw will be an adequate backup for Marion. If there are no plays run for the Matrix.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Another game, another loss for France and Diaw versus Russia (69-73).

Good performance for Boris though, with 17 points, 9 boards, 3 assists and a excellent defense against Kirilenko during the first half, despite foul trouble.

Florent Pietrus, former member of the Suns summer league team two years ago, (and Michaël's older brother), have perfectly relayed him on D, shutting Kirilenko down.

Boxscore :

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The French team is really struggling, but Boris is playing well:

European Prospects

Russian Stars and Super Boris
by xtf_no4 @ 2005-09-02 - 18:54:07
In yesterdays game between Russia and France at the Efes Pilsen World Cup, the two young russians of the Trailblazers, Sergey Monya and Viktor Khryapa showed why they are expected to break through in the coming years. Either from 3 point land or posting up, these two athletic forwards will be a big support for the russian team during Eurobasket in Serbia. On the French side, Tony Parker played a more team oriented ball in this game, he had 9 assist.

The best player on the Franch team was once again Boris Diaw with 17 point, 9 rebounds and by holding Andrei Kirilenko at only 13 points. Diaw is really the leader of his team, and shows for the moment better basketball than Tony Parker. Mickael Gelabale had also a few good actions and finished the game with 13 points.

This afternoon, France lost its fifth game in a row, and this time against Serbia by 99-72. Boris Diaw showed again his versatility with 10 points, 7 rebounds and 6 assists. Gelabale having 8 points, Mickael Pietrus had a great start in the game and finished with 18.

Darko Milicic scored 8 points, but the best scorer on the Serbian team was power forward Dejan Milojevic with 21 and 8 rebounds.

Boris is doing this against a lot of NBA types.

Last edited:

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
held ak to 13 points. sounds great if he can help with PG duties while nash is on the bench. barbosa can play SG. then they could switch on D. i hope nash gets the guys all brought together. i'm all giddy lets get this show on the road!!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know summer is the time where every team believes it can be an NBA Champion, but I am increasingly feeling good about the acquisition of Diaw and the development of Barbosa.

I've always wanted to bring in an outside PG for the Suns to backup Nash. Now for some reason I'm really liking how these two players are working out over the summer. I don't know if either of these two are the answer as Nash's backup but I'm liking their ability to play on the NBA level.

Also adding their youth to the likes of James Jones, Dijon Thompson and possibly even a Tisher, the trade exception and potentially four first round draft picks over the next two years, the future is not looking as bleak as it was a day or two ago.

Combining the above with three All-Stars and some nice role players, I'm feeling good about the Suns.

Sometimes the best decisions in life are the ones that are made for us or the ones that are out of our control. I wanted Finley for the Suns but perhaps it will work out for the best that he signed elsewhere. I not trying to put a spin on this other than to say, the Suns have a nice blend of youth and age and who's to say maybe the dice roll the Suns way for a change.

I like the flexiblity of the Suns' future as they move forward and even more so when they get Amare extended.

My biggest regret this year was not getting Nate Robinson in a Suns uniform.

Yes, I know this sounds funny with the loss of Hunter, Q, JJ and not getting Finley. I just think Nate Robinson would have brought a certain excitement to this Suns team. Certainly Nate Robinson is an unproven commodity but I thought he might develop as an Earl Boykins type of player.

Anyway,

Go Suns :thumbup:

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention, we have a tidy some of cash that can be used in the middle of the season to pluck some unhappy player away for our championship run.

This is gonna be a great year-only 8 weeks left. Less if you count preseason.

Also, Nash started practicing down at AWA this morning. :thumbup:

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I merged the two threads so people can see the history of Diaw :)

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Like George said more elegantly, our team stinks now, we're two weeks away from the european championship, and excepted Boris and M.Gelabale, no one shown enough heart and/or talent to prevent the team to sinking.

Without any valuable inside players in the team, Diaw's defending on bigger and stronger players (with success 'til now), and he's actually assuming offensive responsibililties. When he's on the bench, the team struggles and collapses.

Slowly, he's gaining his lost confidence back with the national team (he has always been a leader here) and I hope that he'll give us 20 good minutes from the bench next year.

Anyway, here's the boxscore of the lost game versus Serbia (minus Rebraca, Radmanovic and Scepanovic).

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Games where he played over 30 minutes:

Apr 17 - 40 min - 20pts 9ast 5rb
Mar 18 - 31 min - 17pts 8rb
Mar 2 - 32 min - 6pts 3ast 2rb (not good)
Feb 25 - 33 min - 17pts 4ast 4rb
Feb 16 - 33 min - 13pts 6ast 6rb
Feb 10 - 32 min - 8pts 4ast 5rb
Feb 5 - 36 min - 4pts 5ast 4rb
Dec 11 - 32 min - 3pts 3ast 8rb
Nov 30 - 31 min - 10pts 4ast 7rb
Nov 7 - 34 min - 7pts 6ast 2rb
Nov 3 - 34 min - 5pts 2ast 2rb

He obviously got a lot better as the season wore on, but his minutes fluctuated like crazy--over the past 9 games, his minutes were: 8, 15, 8, 4, 9, 14, 40, 28, 12. The other months weren't any better.

Sounds like a great rebounder though.

Those numbers dont look too bad, given the fact that he was on the Hawks. I'd like to see him get a consistant 15-20 min or so each night with Phoenix. (Backing up the 1,2,3 positions. He has the potential, so let's see how he can do with a GOOD team.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Ollie said:
Like George said more elegantly, our team stinks now, we're two weeks away from the european championship, and excepted Boris and M.Gelabale, no one shown enough heart and/or talent to prevent the team to sinking.

Without any valuable inside players in the team, Diaw's defending on bigger and stronger players (with success 'til now), and he's actually assuming offensive responsibililties. When he's on the bench, the team struggles and collapses.

Slowly, he's gaining his lost confidence back with the national team (he has always been a leader here) and I hope that he'll give us 20 good minutes from the bench next year.

Anyway, here's the boxscore of the lost game versus Serbia (minus Rebraca, Radmanovic and Scepanovic).

Thank you for the updates Ollie. :thumbup:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stumbled across this post from a French fan

So far France has played five friendly games to prepare for the Euros and have lost all of them (twice against Spain, Turkey, Russia, S&M). The coach still has 2 players to cut to form a defintive list of twelve players (needless to say Boris is a lock to make the final roster).

In those games Bobo looked VERY good, actually much better than Tony Parker, who was probably tired after his long season, and especially Mickael Pietrus who had a solid season with the Warriors. A true all-around player, he showed he could defend positions from 1 to 4 equally as well, at least at the Euro level.

What was more striking in the games I saw was his unusual aggressiveness on offense, penetrating almost at will and creating open shots for his teammates. He also showed good post moves and rebounding ability when used in the frontcourt (due to the lack of size of the French he will see minutes at the 4, maybe even the 5). It also looks as if his outside shot has improved too though he's still reluctant to fire threes when open. Athleticism has never been a problem for him, which enables him to be an excellent weak side shot blocker and to finish strongly (nasty dunk on Kirilenko against Russia). On the other hand he's sometimes careless with the ball and on the finishing end of his moves (two easy finger rolls missed against Russia) but I definitely expect to be the leader of France along with Tony Parker.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm confused, it appears to be a post talking about Pietrus.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Because his name appears in one sentence? You might as well say it's talking about Kirilenko.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:

I think there's some ESL, but there is little doubt it just about Boris playing better than Parker and Pietrus. A better writer would have clarified who "he" was when he began "A true all-around player, he showed he could defend positions from 1 to 4 equally as well, at least at the Euro level", but it was taken from thread on Boris Diaw.

The reference to Pietrus is relevant in that he was getting fairly good reviews for his play with GS, although mostly as a defensive player.

Mickael Pietrus
Golden State Warriors
Position: G-F
Height: 6-6 Weight: 215
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 9.5
RPG 2.8
APG 1.2
SPG .69
BPG .27
FG% .427
FT% .698
3P% .344
MPG 20.0

Boris Diaw
Atlanta Hawks
Position: G
Height: 6-8 Weight: 215
Player file | Team stats

2004-05 Statistics
PPG 4.8
RPG 2.6
APG 2.3
SPG .56
BPG .27
FG% .422
FT% .740
3P% .180
MPG 18.2

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:

Why would he say that Pietrus would play center if that's who he is talking about? He's only 6-6 215.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake