Brent Barry Stuff

cly2tw

Reaction score
Hope he'd choose Suns with Kerr's inside track as a teammate back tehn. ;)

Shaq/Amare/Diaw/Hill/Barry/Bell/LB/Nash makes a great 8 men rotation with sporadic times for DJ and Skinner.

We should work 10 min a game for a Shaq/Diaw/Barry/Bell/LB lineup to play dumping it to the center half court. Nash will get a lot of more rest then used to.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hope we sign him would be a good insurance shooter incase Bell or Barbosa are off one night. Guess we will find tommorow night if we sign him or not probally

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brent Barry would help the Suns in two areas, shooting and playmaking ability. I do worry some about his age and mobility but I haven't heard any complaints about such. The other player I think the Suns will be watching is Giricek.

sLapzsHaQ

I am a mushroomhead...
Reaction score
Yeah, Barry would definitely help the bench. I believe Barry is a good shooter. The problem is, his hurt, and well, old. But hell, you trade for Shaq, and you signed Hill, so clearly, age is not an issue here :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Isn't Barry pretty much having a useless season? I fear he would be Pike part 2.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't Barry pretty much having a useless season? I fear he would be Pike part 2.

Could be, but I believe some other team is going to grab him soon if the Suns don't. I still fear him as a shooter and he does seem to handle the ball well. However, I haven't seen him play this season.

Do the Suns wait for a PG or possibly Giricek?

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Hope he'd choose Suns with Kerr's inside track as a teammate back tehn. ;)

Shaq/Amare/Diaw/Hill/Barry/Bell/LB/Nash makes a great 8 men rotation with sporadic times for DJ and Skinner.

We should work 10 min a game for a Shaq/Diaw/Barry/Bell/LB lineup to play dumping it to the center half court. Nash will get a lot of more rest then used to.

skinner should get solid minutes come playoff time. don't forget linton johnson also. i hope we stick with him. that'd be an excellent team.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Just what the Suns need another aging slow guy.

The teams the Suns have been losing to a lot this year are teams that are quicker and faster than the Suns. Unless MD's gonna have Barry chase chickens around a dirt pen for a couple of weeks. Worked for Sly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he can't.

We have a Brent Barry - his name is Eric Piatkowski.

IMO, the two are not comparable because Pike was planning on retiring when the Suns called. I think Barry still has some game. Also Pike was basically just a shooter where Barry had some nice playmaking skills as well.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
IMO, the two are not comparable because Pike was planning on retiring when the Suns called. I think Barry still has some game. Also Pike was basically just a shooter where Barry had some nice playmaking skills as well.

Yes and I don't think we'll be seeing Pike dunking on the break anytime soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and I don't think we'll be seeing Pike dunking on the break anytime soon.

When Pike came to the Suns he was like averaging 1 or 2 points a game and of course he was known as a three point shooter. It was obvious his career was over to Pike and everybody but the Suns. Although I am not a stat person, it seems to indicate Barry can still play. I'm not saying there may not be better options out there, I'm just saying I think Barry will be playing somewhere the rest of the season for a playoff contender and Pike wouldn't be if the Suns released him during the past two years.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brent_barry/index.html

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
When Pike came to the Suns he was like averaging 1 or 2 points a game and of course he was known as a three point shooter. It was obvious his career was over to Pike and everybody but the Suns. Although I am not a stat person, it seems to indicate Barry can still play. I'm not saying there may not be better options out there, I'm just saying I think Barry will be playing somewhere the rest of the season for a playoff contender and Pike wouldn't be if the Suns released him during the past two years.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/brent_barry/index.html

I was agreeing with you by indicating that I thought Barry has some career left...

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
He hasn't played since the end of January and shot really poorly in those games. Maybe something's bothering him? Or some sort of undisclosed injury?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He hasn't played since the end of January and shot really poorly in those games. Maybe something's bothering him? Or some sort of undisclosed injury?

I wonder that, too. He was unavailable last time we played the Spurs. I could see where the Suns would have interest if he was healthy. Especially since the Shaq effect did leave some of our guys with wide open threes. Brent Barry would be deadly in those situations. Plus we do need a decent Nash back up, as well as a Grant Hill back up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder that, too. He was unavailable last time we played the Spurs. I could see where the Suns would have interest if he was healthy. Especially since the Shaq effect did leave some of our guys with wide open threes. Brent Barry would be deadly in those situations. Plus we do need a decent Nash back up, as well as a Grant Hill back up.

Two out of three ain't bad.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Hey, is your avatar a pic of Mr. Hanky from South Park?

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't seen the news about the Sonics waived Barry at all. Can some1 give me a link?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05