Brent Barry Stuff

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
:lmao: We all must make sacrifices sometimes. Would you be willing to switch up to "Ferengi" jokes if it meant that the Suns could get the big-game reserve point guard they've needed for years?

The big balls dance is a an equal trade off for no longer being able to make fun of Sam Cassell. Plus I don't want the guy going to another contender, he absolutely kills the Suns.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I agree with what someone said earlier:

Barry is still a Spur.

4 Rings

Reaction score
Conspiracy: Barry to sign with Spurs?

It only makes sense. His wife and kids are at their house in SA. He has close friends on the Spurs and knows the system. The money will be the same with all the playoff teams.

McDonald: For Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories...
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblo...mcdonald_f.html

Jeff McDonald: For those who believe in conspiracy theories ...

... and you know who you are.

Brent Barry's locker still hasn't been completely cleaned out at the AT&T Center. His nameplate is still present above his stall as well.

Not so for Francisco Elson, whose former space has already been invaded by new arrival Kurt Thomas. Thomas landed at San Antonio International around 3:15 this afternoon and drove directly to the arena. He walked into the locker room carrying what passes for his luggage -- a small overnight bag containing a few changes of clothes.

Gregg Popovich even says there's a small chance Thomas could make his Spurs debut tonight against the Hornets.

So stay tuned ...

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Dont worry, if it happens, Cuban will bash David Stern and Stu Jackson with all-out power for a month. So will many other GMs.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
It only makes sense. His wife and kids are at their house in SA. He has close friends on the Spurs and knows the system. The money will be the same with all the playoff teams.

McDonald: For Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories...
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblo...mcdonald_f.html

Jeff McDonald: For those who believe in conspiracy theories ...

... and you know who you are.

Brent Barry's locker still hasn't been completely cleaned out at the AT&T Center. His nameplate is still present above his stall as well.

Not so for Francisco Elson, whose former space has already been invaded by new arrival Kurt Thomas. Thomas landed at San Antonio International around 3:15 this afternoon and drove directly to the arena. He walked into the locker room carrying what passes for his luggage -- a small overnight bag containing a few changes of clothes.

Gregg Popovich even says there's a small chance Thomas could make his Spurs debut tonight against the Hornets.

So stay tuned ...

Who cares about Brent Barry?

Spurs can have him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I don't think you can call it a "conspiracy" when it's so incredibly obvious that anyone with half a brain is aware of it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with those who think Barry may end up back with the Spurs, however, I don't think it's a slam dunk. There has been too much speculation by Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic that the Suns are going after Barry which raises some smoke. Coro seems to be accurate on most matters concerning the Suns. Also I'm sure Barry is aware the Suns have always liked his game even before he was drafted. Below is a link to the Paul Coro article dated February 23rd, 2008 in The Arizona Republic. It gives another reason why Barry might consider a change.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0223sunsnotes-ON.html

Barry watch

The Suns can only contact swingman Brent Barry's agent until Barry clears waivers. Barry, waived Friday, can be signed Tuesday at the earliest and Phoenix's biggest competition is San Antonio, but Boston and Golden State are among a group of other teams with interest.

The Spurs, because they traded him last week, could not re-sign Barry for 30 days, but he is expected to be out most of that time with a calf strain. His family lives in San Antonio.

Barry, a 36-year-old who can run an offense and hit 3-point shots, is believed to be unhappy about San Antonio trading him. The Spurs nearly traded him for J.R. Smith in 2006. He was told then that he was going to be dealt and then was asked to join the team an hour before a flight.

Agloco

Veteran
Reaction score
Collusion all the way. He's headed back to SAtown. Too many ties in the community here.

OP
OP
G

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
He had ties to the Sonics and the community also when he opted to sign with the Spurs in the first place.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
there's the NBA commercial '1000 ways why i love NBA' or something..

Barry was telling there 'coz Seattle is where's it at'.

:)

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
i do.
he kills the suns when we play them with big nail in the coffin 3's all the time.
i either want him or i want him to go east. he scares me.

Me too,he is a great professional,he executes well when he's open,not bad in defending and assists either.He'll be great contribution if we get him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05