Brent Barry Stuff

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think signing him would hurt. He won't make a huge impact, but the Suns having him would be better than the oppostion adding a piece.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think signing him would hurt. He won't make a huge impact, but the Suns having him would be better than the oppostion adding a piece.

Barry would be a very nice acquisition by the Suns... they would be very fortunate to get him. He is not chopped liver and he would get playing time with the Suns. He could back up Nash at PG and play with Barbosa in the backcourt. Also Barry is an excellent 3 point shooter.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If for some reason we don't get berry, I would love us to get Cassell if he gets brought out he would be a great backup pg for nash a lot better then barbosa thats for sure :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If for some reason we don't get berry, I would love us to get Cassell if he gets brought out he would be a great backup pg for nash a lot better then barbosa thats for sure :)

Sam Cassell is a gamer in big games. He can not only shoot lights out but can play the PG position. Past rumors have had him going to the Celtics. Sam played for Phoenix years ago but it did not work out but times and coaches have changed. For some reason I just do not see him coming back to Phoenix although Sam can still play.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I could cassell going to the celtics also they need a true pg and he would fit in perfect at boston, that would be scary allen,peairce,garnett,cassell good 4 for the playoffs :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
Barry would be a good pick up for the Suns. Some here have compared him to Pike, but thats completely unfair in my opinion. Barry can still play at an NBA level, Pike can not and is just filling a roster spot and is a practice body. Barry isn't a great defender, but Pike is embarrassing on defense, he can't stay close to anybody in the league.

The Suns pretty much only have Bell, LB and Nash as deep threats this year, so Barry would help space the floor when he's in. He's also pretty big, which would help when the Suns go to 3 guard lineups.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barry would be a good pick up for the Suns. Some here have compared him to Pike, but thats completely unfair in my opinion. Barry can still play at an NBA level, Pike can not and is just filling a roster spot and is a practice body. Barry isn't a great defender, but Pike is embarrassing on defense, he can't stay close to anybody in the league.

The Suns pretty much only have Bell, LB and Nash as deep threats this year, so Barry would help space the floor when he's in. He's also pretty big, which would help when the Suns go to 3 guard lineups.

Totally agree. Barry can not only play but he can actually help the Suns. Pike would undoubtedly have been retired if Phoenix had not made the phone call. Pike is a nice person and was a very solid player... years back. My guess he was placed on the Suns roster for chemistry.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Gentlemen, don't believe the hype. Barry is resigning with San Antonio.

I've read the same articles you have, I've seen the same information off of the wire that you have. Just call this a hunch, bolstered by San Antonio's rich history of being underhanded, CBA-flouting bastards when it comes to personnel moves. The Stackhouse flub has taught people in Barry's situation an important lesson, and that's that you're supposed to go through the charade of being courted by other teams.

All this is is Barry doing the Spurs a solid by trying to prevent the appearance of impropriety.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Gentlemen, don't believe the hype. Barry is resigning with San Antonio.

I've read the same articles you have, I've seen the same information off of the wire that you have. Just call this a hunch, bolstered by San Antonio's rich history of being underhanded, CBA-flouting bastards when it comes to personnel moves. The Stackhouse flub has taught people in Barry's situation an important lesson, and that's that you're supposed to go through the charade of being courted by other teams.

All this is is Barry doing the Spurs a solid by trying to prevent the appearance of impropriety.

Someone should offer an insane amount of money just to call his bluff.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Barry can play PG next to LB and shoot the lights out on 3s. He'd be perfect for 15-20 min on the Suns to give Nash and Bell, or even Hill, more rest. Pike is an advertisement signing as the Suns saw the need for some white guys on the roster for better marketability I guess. That's why they picked Casey ahead of Prince and Boozer in the draft.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
Pike is an advertisement signing as the Suns saw the need for some white guys on the roster for better marketability I guess.

The Utah Jazz: The Most Marketable Professional Sports Team in America
:barf:

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Yeah I could cassell going to the celtics also they need a true pg and he would fit in perfect at boston, that would be scary allen,peairce,garnett,cassell good 4 for the playoffs :)

jesus christ, call the punctuation police!

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Punctuation Officer reporting.

W-hat.se(ems, to b"e! the prob'lem'?
:lmao::biglaugh:

hoopshype said:
Phoenix is in full pursuit of 36-year-old swingman Brent Barry after Seattle released him Friday. The SuperSonics trimmed their bulging roster after acquiring Barry in this week's Kurt Thomas trade with San Antonio. Arizona Republic
ESPN analyst and ex-NBA player Jon Barry, Brent’s brother, believes his sibling will give the Celtics serious consideration. ‘‘It would certainly be a team that piques his interest,’’ Jon Barry said in a telephone interview. ‘‘They are certainly one of the teams to beat in the East and the NBA. He wants to win and he is going to feel out who gives him the best chance to win.’’ Boston Globe
A Celtic source said late last night that the team may be a longshot to get guard Brent Barry. Once he clears waivers, Barry will be an unrestricted free agent and will be able to choose from, among others, Phoenix and San Antonio. The Spurs just dealt him to Seattle, and they would have to wait 30 days before taking him back. Boston Herald
Jon Barry said Brent is in San Antonio and is expected to meet with the Rockets soon. A calf injury, however, is expected to keep Brent Barry sidelined for about another 10 days, his brother said. Brent averaged 7.3 points and 1.8 assists in 29 games with San Antonio this season. He also shot 43 percent from 3-point range and 95 percent from the free throw line. The two-time NBA champion has played in 68 playoff games. Boston Globe
The agent for Brent Barry says it's too early to speculate whether the displaced Spurs guard might return to San Antonio this season. Barry, traded to Seattle along with Francisco Elson and a 2009 first-round draft pick on Wednesday, was immediately waived by the SuperSonics, clearing way for him to become a free agent. That led to the supposition that Barry might be headed back to the team that just traded him. Barry's agent, Arn Tellem, refused to feed that particular rumor when reached Friday afternoon. "At this point, we've just been informed he's been released," Tellem said. "We haven't even begun to think about the next step." San Antonio Express-News / February 22
Karl pointed out that the Nuggets still could add a veteran player for the stretch run. Most intriguing would be shooting guard Brent Barry, who was traded from San Antonio to Seattle and then waived Thursday by the SuperSonics. "I'm a Brent Barry guy," Karl said. "He's a quality player (from) a championship team. You've always got to be interested in guys like that." Rocky Mountain News / February 22

i hope he does go here and not to boston

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Barry can play PG next to LB and shoot the lights out on 3s. He'd be perfect for 15-20 min on the Suns to give Nash and Bell, or even Hill, more rest. Pike is an advertisement signing as the Suns saw the need for some white guys on the roster for better marketability I guess. That's why they picked Casey ahead of Prince and Boozer in the draft.
Uh huh....:doi:
"Earth to Cly2tw......."
Of course if you were trying to be funny.....LOL!:lol:

cly2tw

Reaction score
Uh huh....:doi:
"Earth to Cly2tw......."
Of course if you were trying to be funny.....LOL!:lol:

Well, Earth, I was just telling what it was. :) I vividly remember I was kind of saying WTF with the Jacobson pick, wanting Boozer or at least Prince picked myself. OK. Let's just call Pike our affirmative-action hire. ;)

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough with the C.Jacobson drafting blunder in hindsight .....but signing over the hill white guys like Pike isn't exactly in the GM manual under the chapter labeled:"How to market your team 101."
You must be registered for see images

I'm not gonna touch the affirmative blackshun antithesis though.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Barry would be a nice fit here i suppose. I too get the feeling he'll wind up back in S.A. though. The Sterns aren't exactly loaded on bench production offense as it is.
Ginobli is it when T.Parker returns.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
Barry would be a good pickup and give us extra depth for the playoff run. He can step in and play at a moments notice

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
if we get sam cassell then that means i cant make E.T jokes anymore, and its just not worth that much. i love my et jokes.

BeeBeard

Throw some Bees on that.
Reaction score
if we get sam cassell then that means i cant make E.T jokes anymore, and its just not worth that much. i love my et jokes.

:lmao: We all must make sacrifices sometimes. Would you be willing to switch up to "Ferengi" jokes if it meant that the Suns could get the big-game reserve point guard they've needed for years?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05