Bryant Johnson - Making 9er fans proud

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick blame injuries, the QB, the coach, ASFN, Rod Graves and Joe Paterno.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not willing to throw the Johnson out with the bathwater just yet. I'm not saying he'd be a star, at this point, I think we can safely say he won't be.

But life is about timing in situation and I don't think either is right for him in SF right now.

I'd be interested to see how he'd perform as a number 1 or number 2 WR on a team with a legitimate QB, but he never really did shine when he had those opportunities here, did he?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he's been pretty quiet but he hasn't been healthy all year. One of the first reports I read on him from training camp said something like he had a bad day dropped several balls, I did a little smile like thinking yeah get used to that he'll make some big plays now and then but when you really need it, he'll drop it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He was a fool to turn down some of the 'offers' they said he had.

He could have played for a lot more money with a better qb....instead someone got him the fantastic deal of playing a 1 year deal for the 9ers and Alex Smith.

His agent must HATE him!

good bye pay day....hello min. wage next year.

Reaction score

He could have played for a lot more money with a better qb....instead someone got him the fantastic deal of playing a 1 year deal for the 9ers and Alex Smith.

His agent must HATE him!
Wow, I hadn't realized that Johnson took a one year deal from San Francisco. But shame on his agent also!

Regarding his numbers, I won't defend Johnson as it is clear that Breston is having a better year here as the #3 than Johnson ever did. There is one caveat however, it could only help if he played on a team with a real QB...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
On a serious note, Steve Breaston making Cards fans proud!! :)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His agent must HATE him!

good bye pay day....hello min. wage next year.
Yeah, IIRC he got a good offer from the Bills.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Johnson dropped a lot of balls here, but he seemed like a class act.

I hope he does succeed somewhere else next year.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Catching (or trying to catch) passes from J.T. O'Suckivan probably isn't too easy. He seems to like throwing to the other team as much as he does his own.

I think Breaston "replaced" him very nicely.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
johnson lost a starting spot in SF and is the obvious leak in the singletary story

at least he gets the opportunity to play somewhere else next year

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh, I'm not willing to throw the Johnson out with the bathwater just yet. I'm not saying he'd be a star, at this point, I think we can safely say he won't be.

But life is about timing in situation and I don't think either is right for him in SF right now.

I'd be interested to see how he'd perform as a number 1 or number 2 WR on a team with a legitimate QB, but he never really did shine when he had those opportunities here, did he?

I'm not throwing the johnson out with the bathwater either! Yikes!

WildBB said:
Not Joe Pa! The rest maybe.

Exactly.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Bryant Johnson is the last thing on my mind right now. But when I think of it, I am glad he is not on out payroll

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
So glad he left and giving opportunity to Breaston... as is obvious, BJ is not even a #3 material... Breaston has done one hell of a job as a #3.

EuroCard

Rookie
Reaction score
208/16 = 13 yds per reception.

Thats not too shabby for this offense; consider that there number 1 receiver has only 24 catches on the season, No2 23, then there are not a lot of balls being thrown to the WRs. Gore has the most catches at 31!

Our top three have 49, 42 and 39 receptions each!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
So glad he left and giving opportunity to Breaston... as is obvious, BJ is not even a #3 material... Breaston has done one hell of a job as a #3.

Breaston has done a hell of a job as a #2.

The Cardinals are sick at WR.

Treefiddy

Richard Cranium
Reaction score
johnson lost a starting spot in SF and is the obvious leak in the singletary story

at least he gets the opportunity to play somewhere else next year

Never thought of him being the leak, but with MJ being the one to intially report it, it does make a lot of sense. Who else on the Niners has a relationship with MJ?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Never thought of him being the leak, but with MJ being the one to intially report it, it does make a lot of sense. Who else on the Niners has a relationship with MJ?

yeah - and yesterday MJ was talking about having to do an upcoming conference call with singletary and not really looking forward to it - they played mikes reaction to the leak and MJ said something like "he's a smart guy, it should be fairly obvious - but they need to move on as a team and not shoot the messenger"

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah - and yesterday MJ was talking about having to do an upcoming conference call with singletary and not really looking forward to it - they played mikes reaction to the leak and MJ said something like "he's a smart guy, it should be fairly obvious - but they need to move on as a team and not shoot the messenger"
Don't shoot the messenger, just cut him.

pogoowner

Reaction score
Injuries, as well as the emergence of Josh Morgan have hurt him a lot this season. He's looked relatively solid when fully healthy, but he hasn't made the impact the front office was hoping for.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Injuries, as well as the emergence of Josh Morgan have hurt him a lot this season. He's looked relatively solid when fully healthy, but he hasn't made the impact the front office was hoping for.
This is consistent with when he was here... he didn't do anything when given the opportunity as a #2 while Boldin was out.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Just read on a 9ers board that had a link that Johnson has been benched for the upcoming game.

Ha ha! $2 mil waste of roster space. Now they know how we felt for 5 years

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05