Bucks @ Suns game thread 11-22-17

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sigh. What was the point of forcing overtime if the team is just gonna play like garbage in overtime then? :(
I think Booker getting the experience of hitting thay clutch shot in a game where he wasn’t red hot was nice. In the long run the loss will be a benefit.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think Booker getting the experience of hitting thay clutch shot in a game where he wasn’t red hot was nice. In the long run the loss will be a benefit.
Good point. Unfortunately in the OT, he was our only option on offense. 'Not going to win that way.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the game but my question is...

Did the crowd boo Bledsoe?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whew, good thing they didn't win!
It was as good experience being in a tight game and sending it to overtime. But as I stated before the game, without Giannis and Parker and Henson it would have rung a hollow win. This loss will prove useful. Sorry if I can see the benefit.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Our young guys make a lot of dumb decisions. What year of the rebuild does that start to stop?
Young guys do tend to make dumb decisions. That’s why they’re young guys. Vets tend to grow out of that. I believe many of our guys will as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure why the hate on Bender and Chriss. They are so young. In their second year, some guys go through a slump in their second year.

They weren’t drafted as our saviors.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our young guys make a lot of dumb decisions. What year of the rebuild does that start to stop?

According to many on here Chandler is supposed to mentor and help them from doing that.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Y'know what pisses me off? That Bledsoe came out on the winning side. That should have been motivation enough for the Suns to not play sloppy.

Bledsoe had his one "great" game of the season against the Suns. His revenge game. He was playing like he was trying to murder the entire organization. Tells me all I need to know, really.

And I hope the Bucks have fun with Rich Paul.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was one heck of a shot by Booker to send the game in overtime. To me seeing that talent shine made the game irrelevant.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was as good experience being in a tight game and sending it to overtime. But as I stated before the game, without Giannis and Parker and Henson it would have rung a hollow win. This loss will prove useful. Sorry if I can see the benefit.

Hollow win or demoralizing loss because you can't beat a fringe playoff team without their star player? I'll take the hollow win.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I missed the game but my question is...

Did the crowd boo Bledsoe?
I heard him booed only once, when he first went to the free throw line, IIRC. And then he missed a bunch of free throws.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to many on here Chandler is supposed to mentor and help them from doing that.

Do you know what a mentor is? He can't play for them, he can only help them learn in practice and they have to listen to him. Do you really think they'd be that much better going head to head with other inexperienced players who don't know how to play in the NBA?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you know what a mentor is? He can't play for them, he can only help them learn in practice and they have to listen to him. Do you really think they'd be that much better going head to head with other inexperienced players who don't know how to play in the NBA?

Suns had the second worst record last season with Chandler. Could it have been much worse?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns had the second worst record last season with Chandler. Could it have been much worse?

And they were the youngest team in the league with an awful head coach who openly tanked the last 2 months of the season. Tanking caused them to go on a 12 game losing streak after the All-Star break also so while they did finish with the 2nd worst record they probably wouldn't have had Chandler and Bledsoe played through the season.

If Chandler doesn't help the team why do you want him gone so bad in order to tank this year?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And they were the youngest team in the league with an awful head coach who openly tanked the last 2 months of the season. Tanking caused them to go on a 12 game losing streak after the All-Star break also so while they did finish with the 2nd worst record they probably wouldn't have had Chandler and Bledsoe played through the season.

If Chandler doesn't help the team why do you want him gone so bad in order to tank this year?

Chandler can affect the outcome of a few games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hollow win or demoralizing loss because you can't beat a fringe playoff team without their star player? I'll take the hollow win.
I don’t see that as demoralizing. Glad I can walk away from it without being demoralized. If more of you saw the long term benefits of the losses you wouldn’t be as mad and bitter as many of you have become (not directed at you poop head, more of a generalization).

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t see that as demoralizing. Glad I can walk away from it without being demoralized. If more of you saw the long term benefits of the losses you wouldn’t be as mad and bitter as many of you have become (not directed at you poop head, more of a generalization).

Oh heck yeah. The judgements, snarkiness, pressuring, and down right creepiness on this board is disgusting. And for what? Something that fans don't control one way or the other? Over a few wins or losses? Fans are being judged over what the owners did in practice. If they felt so strongly that tanking is so wrong why aren't they boycotting the suns or writing Sarver letters instead of harrassing fellow fans?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can accept the losses, as most all fans can, but we're looking to see improvements by the players on the court not how we could potentially move up 1 or 2 spots in the draft by losing that game, especially in November. Losing to a team at home that is currently out of the playoffs in the east right now who is missing their best player isn't a good loss. However getting it to overtime like they did helped make things a bit better because it showed good fight from them. There is a middle ground there that I think most posters here are part of. They view each game individually and don't look beyond them much other than player development, if some of our youngsters look good or bad during that game.

There is a lot more to developing a team than getting lucky in the draft. Adding a high draft pick guarantees nothing and with the lottery in place losing a ton of games doesn't guarantee a top 3 pick either. The Suns had the 2nd worst record last year and ended up picking 4th and that isn't an anomaly, it happens a lot. Meanwhile the players aren't just lifeless assets and aren't happy consistently losing all of the time. McD has been bashed by a lot of people for having poor people skills with how he views players as assets instead of people but the tanking crowd seems to do the same thing. They disregard our talent's competitive nature and want them to suck this year so the team can draft a replacement for one of them. Once we add a top prospect (again) they should flip their competitive nature back on and start winning? It's not that simple. Adding a top prospect to the club may not be enough to turn this into a competitive team either for various reasons, we don't know. The only way to figure that out is for the team to play hard and develop this year which may put them in a position where they're not able to draft #1,2, or 3.

Continually losing wears on players and I'd hate to see Booker force his way out because the team keeps trying to hit it big in the lottery by purposefully tanking. Losing happens with a young team, that's to be expected, but our players don't need the coaching staff or front office working against them by trading away productive players in hopes that will cost them some games this year and improve their draft positioning. They need to play hard and let the ping pong balls fall where they may. McD has shown the ability to draft really good players late in the lottery so I'm not that worried about where we'll draft so much as seeing the players we have gel together and get better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh heck yeah. The judgements, snarkiness, pressuring, and down right creepiness on this board is disgusting. And for what? Something that fans don't control one way or the other? Over a few wins or losses? Fans are being judged over what the owners did in practice. If they felt so strongly that tanking is so wrong why aren't they boycotting the suns or writing Sarver letters instead of harrassing fellow fans?

You judge people on this board more than anyone because you don't understand why people aren't happy tanking. If you want the team to tank so bad why don't you call Sarver and boycott the Suns because so long as fans are watching, attending games, and buying merchandise then they're going to continue to compete when they play. They weren't with Watson on board as coach and he was fired, virtually everyone was happy with that firing also. He would have helped the tank though so why aren't you longing for the days of him coaching the team and the Suns getting blown out by 40+ at home? Why not just become a fan of every other team in the NBA that way you could always root against the Suns? Or you could just simplify it and be a fan of the Lakers.

Some people like to be entertained by their favorite team. It'd be nice if they were able to compete for a title but that's unrealistic right now. That doesn't mean it's a first or last sort of situation where since we can't compete for a title we need to be the worst team in the league so we might be able to get a player who can help us win a title down the road.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You judge people on this board more than anyone because you don't understand why people aren't happy tanking. If you want the team to tank so bad why don't you call Sarver and boycott the Suns because so long as fans are watching, attending games, and buying merchandise then they're going to continue to compete when they play. They weren't with Watson on board as coach and he was fired, virtually everyone was happy with that firing also. He would have helped the tank though so why aren't you longing for the days of him coaching the team and the Suns getting blown out by 40+ at home? Why not just become a fan of every other team in the NBA that way you could always root against the Suns? Or you could just simplify it and be a fan of the Lakers.

Some people like to be entertained by their favorite team. It'd be nice if they were able to compete for a title but that's unrealistic right now. That doesn't mean it's a first or last sort of situation where since we can't compete for a title we need to be the worst team in the league so we might be able to get a player who can help us win a title down the road.

Hey bud. People on here call me out and put me on trial and the vast majority of the time I'm just defending myself. Frankly, they get more upset and more accusing than I ever would. I don't tell them what to think or how to feel. I can take a difference of opinion without getting all personal and petty.

As far as "tanking"...The suns are playing to win every night so I don't know why some are "unhappy" as you put it. What some of you are really unhappy about is me and others are not clones to your way of thinking and are defiant to bullying and we have logical arguments that can't be easily dismissed which frustrates many of you on here. Then people start losing respect which has been rampant your "side". I've been disrespected far far more than I've given. You better re-read some of this stuff and if I'm going to be quoted you better quote what others are saying before and after my posts.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can accept the losses, as most all fans can, but we're looking to see improvements by the players on the court not how we could potentially move up 1 or 2 spots in the draft by losing that game, especially in November. Losing to a team at home that is currently out of the playoffs in the east right now who is missing their best player isn't a good loss. However getting it to overtime like they did helped make things a bit better because it showed good fight from them. There is a middle ground there that I think most posters here are part of. They view each game individually and don't look beyond them much other than player development, if some of our youngsters look good or bad during that game.

There is a lot more to developing a team than getting lucky in the draft. Adding a high draft pick guarantees nothing and with the lottery in place losing a ton of games doesn't guarantee a top 3 pick either. The Suns had the 2nd worst record last year and ended up picking 4th and that isn't an anomaly, it happens a lot. Meanwhile the players aren't just lifeless assets and aren't happy consistently losing all of the time. McD has been bashed by a lot of people for having poor people skills with how he views players as assets instead of people but the tanking crowd seems to do the same thing. They disregard our talent's competitive nature and want them to suck this year so the team can draft a replacement for one of them. Once we add a top prospect (again) they should flip their competitive nature back on and start winning? It's not that simple. Adding a top prospect to the club may not be enough to turn this into a competitive team either for various reasons, we don't know. The only way to figure that out is for the team to play hard and develop this year which may put them in a position where they're not able to draft #1,2, or 3.

Continually losing wears on players and I'd hate to see Booker force his way out because the team keeps trying to hit it big in the lottery by purposefully tanking. Losing happens with a young team, that's to be expected, but our players don't need the coaching staff or front office working against them by trading away productive players in hopes that will cost them some games this year and improve their draft positioning. They need to play hard and let the ping pong balls fall where they may. McD has shown the ability to draft really good players late in the lottery so I'm not that worried about where we'll draft so much as seeing the players we have gel together and get better.

So the suns haven't made the playoffs going on eight years now...is that on the fans or is that on the team? We as fans have been "conditioned" to it and we look for entertainment in our own way now. If we don't get playoffs we want good draft picks. You root for whatever you want poop but don't tell us what is supposed to make us happy or sad. To many of us a top pick is a championship of sorts because it may lead to one. Its more exciting than whatever you are trying to sell us.

And if the losses are really getting to the suns then they better make the playoffs some year...eh? They decide when the tank talk stops...not us! Because if they were making the playoffs who would be talking about tanks and high draft picks??