Can We Also Have Training Camp Update Threads...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Your memory fails to support this post. When the team is winning and flying high, the darksiders become the biggest homers in the world. When this team sucks and can't win a home game, the darksiders are told to stop whining and that they'd whine even when the team is winning. Wash, rinse, repeat.
You’re correct. When they stink, or I think they’ll stink, like last year. I’ll be as darksider as anyone.
When they’re good, like under Arians, I’m all on board with the kool-aid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mostly true.

I will not name names because it's irrelevant. But I specifically remember defending our defense repeatedly when we were on our way to 10-2.
Not all darksiders complain but so.e just dig deeper to find a way to express negativity.

So let's just go 20-0 this year...win a Lombardi...and complain about other teams trying to poach our players instead.
That was me. Stated that Vance wasn't a good DC and the defense was fool's gold. Which of those statements were untrue?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That was me. Stated that Vance wasn't a good DC and the defense was fool's gold. Which of those statements were untrue?
Turned out to be correct. But they sure held up their end for a while there... too bad they couldn't maintain a +2 turnover ratio all season long......sigh

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re correct. When they stink, or I think they’ll stink, like last year. I’ll be as darksider as anyone.
When they’re good, like under Arians, I’m all on board with the kool-aid.
I'm a koolaider. I don't like bad mouthing the players, staff, ownership. Especially players. These guys are out their trying their hardest. How disappointing, deflating it must be to come onto a website, a cardinal website, and read about how bad you are, played, etc.

I try not to make posts like that, although it does slip out at times.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm a koolaider. I don't like bad mouthing the players, staff, ownership. Especially players. These guys are out their trying their hardest. How disappointing, deflating it must be to come onto a website, a cardinal website, and read about how bad you are, played, etc.

Totally your prerogative. But you do understand that if all posters adopted that position this site would just be virtual cheerleading, right?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I used to get. Angry and frustrated and blast the team in my posts.
But ya know what? Life is short. Shorter for some than others. Being pissed at my team raises my blood pressure and is just an overall feel bad experience. So I made a choice to not allow myself to succumb to the negativity and increase my stress levels....my time is short enough...why hasten my departure by raging on poo I cannot control...it makes no sense... I'm healthier as a semi passive observer

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
But ya know what? Life is short. Shorter for some than others. Being pissed at my team raises my blood pressure and is just an overall feel bad experience. So I made a choice to not allow myself to succumb to the negativity and increase my stress levels....my time is short enough...why hasten my departure by raging on poo I cannot control...it makes no sense... I'm healthier as a semi passive observer
I used to let this team ruin my week when they lost. Now I still want to win badly but I don’t let it ruin even my day anymore. It’s entertainment

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. I’ve gotten to the point where I barely even post here during the off-season and the second a game is over, I’m over whatever happened.

Now that might be because the last three years were generally hopeless football as far as expecting wins (though last season, I did get hope for the future watching how hard the team played), or maybe it’s because other things in life put the game in perspective… but either way, I enjoy not being so rabid and taking the game for what it is… a chance to hang out with family or friends and be entertained in one way or another, good or bad!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Same. I’ve gotten to the point where I barely even post here during the off-season and the second a game is over, I’m over whatever happened.

Now that might be because the last three years were generally hopeless football as far as expecting wins (though last season, I did get hope for the future watching how hard the team played), or maybe it’s because other things in life put the game in perspective… but either way, I enjoy not being so rabid and taking the game for what it is… a chance to hang out with family or friends and be entertained in one way or another, good or bad!
Been going through the same "transformation". My engagement has dropped significantly the last years - Bigger and more important things in life.

But! I am more engaged this year due to the potential of the team. It's a fun journey and the road ahead looks great - without know the outcome yet

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s very hard to stay engaged when your team doesn’t appear to be trying to improve.
I accepted last year. I understood we were going to have a hard time competing without a Qb. We had holes everywhere. Perhaps MO could have done a little more but it was more important to establish a new culture.
This year we made many moves that made sense. We bolstered Wr, Rb, and the o-line. We added to the d-line and the db room.
Now will all the additions work out? Probably not. But what MO did this off season made sense.
I think we are going to be competitive and if we stay somewhat healthy it should be a lot more fun than the last two years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat