Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why have an elite talent and not use him?

He needed to be an important part of the offense.
I don’t know.

I think it’s kylers decision on whether to throw to him or not. Seems he doesn’t trust him yet.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much blame to go around. That’s the most disturbing part. Terrible playcalling. Bad time management. The defense being just as atrocious as feared. Two very easy drops. Not using Harrison AT ALL.

And the cherry on top… when given the chance to make TWO big time 4th quarter drives, our lone “superstar” Kyler falls flat on his face.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's either the offense is completely designed for a game manager, or that's all Kyler will ever be. Looked like Kliff's "don't throw more than 3 yards down the field" classic today.

The D is just as bad as last year - glad we're sitting on tons of money. Anyone want to brag about the big offseason additions after seeing Jones/Nichols on roller skates the entire game?
Couldn’t agree w this take more.. although when able to throw down field that last drive I felt more confident. Diff game had Wilson caught that. I just don’t understand why we aren’t rolling Kyler out at all? He was killing them on the edge - why not design plays like that where he can throw the ball to a DESIGNED route?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
thought the blocking was really good today but petzig didn’t change his game plan at all during the second half and ran two really really bad plays in key spots. Conner left a lot of yards on the field as well.
eh, it was with Jonah.

Went to hell when he got injured.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So much blame to go around. That’s the most disturbing part. Terrible playcalling. Bad time management. The defense being just as atrocious as feared. Two very easy drops. Not using Harrison AT ALL.

And the cherry on top… when given the chance to make TWO big time 4th quarter drives, our lone “superstar” Kyler falls flat on his face.
Same old story different year…rinse and repeat.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Bills are good but he ain’t wrong in terms that we are going to need to score 35 points a game because the defense is a mess.
We are gonna need to score 30 in every game this season.
But considering Buffalo lost 4 starters on defense to cap...and with our talent on offense... 40 should have been the goal... kyler made a few bad plays for sure but drew petzing screwed the pooch in a very sloppy manner in this game.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scoring as much as we did is great and all but it means nothing if you can’t make plays when it counts.

The big difference between guys like Kyler and guys like Allen?

Buffalo thinks…it’s Allen’s time and he is going to get it done. Cardinals? You just hope Kyler doesn’t screw it up.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
QBs miss guys all the time especially when they are scrambling from poor protection in the opposite side of the field come on…
Fair enough but he didn't look to be scrambling on that play ( I could be wrong) If we are truly to be honest, he is not the QB that will bring this team up to the next level.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I thought the blocking was really good today but petzig didn’t change his game plan at all during the second half and ran two really really bad plays in key spots. Conner left a lot of yards on the field as well.

I watched the DL a pretty closely today and I felt like bilal and jones lost nearly every snap which was awful to see.
Agree that Bilal and Jones were not as good vs the run as I thought they would be.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
21/31 for 162 yards and 57 yards rushing. 20 total points. Boofed back to back 4th quarter drives to take the lead.

I just expect more out of a #1 pick, making 50 million a year, in his 6th season.
Meh it's just preseason when the games really count he'll......oh wait lol