Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s the first game guys most didnt get any time together in preseason. For an early road game against a contender we had a chance to win at the end. We can get better Kyler and MJH can get in the same page there are positives to take away. A lot better than a 30+ point ass whooping former Cards team would have taken in an early road game in Buffalo! On to the next game!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's either the offense is completely designed for a game manager, or that's all Kyler will ever be. Looked like Kliff's "don't throw more than 3 yards down the field" classic today.

The D is just as bad as last year - glad we're sitting on tons of money. Anyone want to brag about the big offseason additions after seeing Jones/Nichols on roller skates the entire game?

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler should have found him and it looks like he was moving his eyes in that direction but had no time as you can see the Bills defender about to hit him. Gotta appreciate the Oline 15 yards away towards the sideline all by himself with no one to block
It's excusable. He needs to be better seeing downfield. But, me thinks it won't be the last we'll be talking about this type of scenarios.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s the first game guys most dust. Get any time together in preseason. For an early road game against a contender we had a chance to win at the end. We can get better Kyler and MJH can get in the same page there are positives to take away. A lot better than a 30+ point ass whooping former Cards team would have taken in an early road game in Buffalo! On to the next game!
They are not a contender. Bills will be lucky to make the playoffs.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lot of questions after this game. My main two are: why no MHJ at all, inexcusable by Petzjng and Murray. Secondly, this defense feels even worse than last year. Run stoppage is non existent. I know some of you watch the all 22 version. I would be interested to see how many times MHJ was truly open during this game

urs

All Star
Reaction score
For all the Kyler excusers
This is on the play design, why is MHJ the 3rd or 4th read instead of top 2 each play? Once Jonah went down you as a playcaller should know your QB doesn't have time to go through all progressions. But, yeah, anytime someone is that open you'd like to think the qb could find him

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Petz doesn’t come out and say that he lost this game by multiple bad play calls then we are back in the Kliffy, “Bills played a really good game, our guys tried hard.. we just gotta get better era.”

I think I miss bubble screens after seeing my QB throwing the ball more that 15 yards only 3 times before that last drive… 2 of the throws were dropped right in the chest of MHJR and Wilson.

Yes, Kyler missed a wide open MHJR.. but not being a qb I have no idea what you are seeing when trying to escape a pass rush.

Also - the pass pro was not good all game. Oline did great run blocking, pass blocking - no. Kyler tried stepping up in the pocket all game to no avail.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler should have found him and it looks like he was moving his eyes in that direction but had no time as you can see the Bills defender about to hit him. Gotta appreciate the Oline 15 yards away towards the sideline all by himself with no one to block
One of the key things that makes a QB great is the ability to keep eyes downfield and make the throw in this situation knowing damn well they will get clobbered for doing it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser