Cardinals at Bills gameday thread 9-8-24

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have a fair question.
Has anyone thought Kyler has been “cool in the pocket” with the rush around him?

To me, it’s always been kind of chaotic when there is the first sign of pressure when he’s in the pocket.
Agree. He seems jittery with noise. I never see him as being “calm.”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to look back at who we could have had at the top of round 2 and cry.

Didn't have a great game today but passing on Achane last year for an injured CB who's still not a starter for us may haunt us too

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
At this point in his career I think we need to come to the realization that the Kyler pick was a mistake. All of the experts said he was too small to be an NFL QB. They were right. He has had moments glory, but not nearly enough of them. He would have been wise to stick to baseball. The experts were right once again. He cant see over the offensive linemen and he gets way too many balls batted down. Just as it is prudent to listen to your doctor, lawyer or financial advisor. Its usually wise to listen to experts. Yet another Keim disaster.
"all of the experts" did not say "he was too small to be a nfl qb"

making stuff up to make an opinion appear factual - weak as kyler's second half today

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bros going real deep to discredit K1.
Who were the QBs after those guys?

I also remember plenty of Cards fans hating Warner before he was a starter.

Also who coached Warner and Palmer?
So yes, Kyler is better than Josh Rosen, Kevin Kolb, Sam Bradford and Drew Stanton. Not sure what you are getting at with that.

The incomparable Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians were the coaches.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you take away conner's single nice run of 20 yards he went for 30 yards in 15 carries aka 2 yards per rush
[/QUO

Great guy, gives his all every game, but has to be repeated he left lots of yards on the field and does quite often. He's just not fast enough. One of my hopes for this year is that Benson catches on quick enough that by say midseason he's getting 50% of the workload at least. He made a couple of mistakes out there, didn't follow his block on a pass play and missed a block that led to Kyler having to throw too quickly but the difference in burst between him or Conner is striking

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
Think about this….If the Cardinals last play was called a PI, as it probably should’ve been, then it’s 1st and goal at the 2-3 yd line with about 25 seconds and 2? timeouts.
Cardinals beat Buffalo in Buffalo.
Our reaction is way different!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tyler Drake
@Tdrake4sports
·
1h

Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon while talking with
@PaulCalvisi on the limited targets Marvin Harrison Jr. had vs. the Bills: "They were clouding him. ... Credit to Buffalo there."
Everyone knows that good teams allow other teams to take away their best option without making them pay. Cmon!

SOCALCARD

Veteran
Reaction score

making stuff up to make an opinion appear factual - weak as kyler's second half to

making stuff up to make an opinion appear factual - weak as kyler's second half today
Really? Most didn't even think he would declare for the NFL draft and choose baseball. Mainly due to his size. With all due respect sir....... Your memory is as long as your manhood.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At this point in his career I think we need to come to the realization that the Kyler pick was a mistake. All of the experts said he was too small to be an NFL QB. They were right. He has had moments glory, but not nearly enough of them. He would have been wise to stick to baseball. The experts were right once again. He cant see over the offensive linemen and he gets way too many balls batted down. Just as it is prudent to listen to your doctor, lawyer or financial advisor. Its usually wise to listen to experts. Yet another Keim disaster.
File Kyler with Tua and Trevor Lawrence and Cousins as guys you can win with but can’t do it themselves.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks for the response . I guess I just don’t understand why you wouldn’t just say that in the original post.

I don’t think anyone on this board is racist. People can’t keep using that excuse for why some don’t love Kyler. Watching multiple passes get knocked down to kill a drive because he’s short is a problem though.
I agree. I 100% thought he was insinuating the reason was racism.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think about this….If the Cardinals last play was called a PI, as it probably should’ve been, then it’s 1st and goal at the 2-3 yd line with about 25 seconds and 2? timeouts.
Cardinals beat Buffalo in Buffalo.
Our reaction is way different!
Yes imagine a different timeline!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Yeah and the pathetic defense wouldn’t have surrendered a quick drive for a FG win by them right? We know how that would have went probably a big PI play or a blown coverage resulting in a big play into FG position lol you just know it wouldn’t have been a game winner too much time would have been left for Allen lol…
And if all that happens no one is
blaming K1 for not seeing him, and praising him for getting us the go ahead TD. In fact most here would be say he led us to the lead in crunch time. What an improvement.

But would you rather have the lead even by one with 30 seconds left on the clock or watch the other team take a knee to run out that last 30 seconds?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s easy to look at it from this one angle lol on the right side of the field yet Murray was evading rushers on the left side of field and MJH wasn’t a 1 or 2 read, which I would say is a huge mistake by the coaches of not having MJH to be much more a part of the gameplan…
I’d have to see a replay to see where MHJ was on the read progression, but he’s supposed to be your #1 and he was IMMEDIATELY wide open. Sorry I’m just not excusing kyler there. That wide open doesn’t happen a lot. You can’t miss it if you’re a stud QB. And if you do and you’re stud QB you overcome it. Like Josh allen apparently did. Kyler could not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky