Cardinals have things to be excited about

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
being a falcons fan i understand the pain and suffering you guys have gone through. hopefully your ownership will allow denny green to work his magic and get and hold your star players. being able to keep guys like fitzgerald and bolden, and not resorting back to the old ways of letting your talent leave. just looking in i've been really impressed thus far with the cards and you guys really scare me you guys gotta a tenacious defense not overly talented but they don't give up and i like that. you guys are goign to really surprise some teams this year. hell you've already surprised the pats and rams. if your team keeps this up it wont be long till you're UPSETTING those teams. just not my falcons ;). this should be a fun game this coming sunday and i'm excited to see the turn around be it little that the cards have shown.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Falcons aren't out of the woods yet. Just because your're 2-0 doesn't mean your part of the elite. Thanks for the encouragement, but the Cards will get on track soon, probably this week. Green knows the Falcons West Coast offense better than Mora or Vick. Yeah, I know Vick is a monster, but he can't do it alone.

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
unfortunately for you the falcons aren't a one man team like most of the NFL believe. so far the no. 1 recievers for the falcons have been a full back and a tight end. mora was a defensive coordinator as you probably know so he has nothing to do with the offense, that's greg knapp's job. as for knowing the WCO that doesn't mean anything if you don't have the players to execute the gameplan which the cardinals don't have what they have is heart and a willingness to sacrifice themselves for the good of the team. i realize the falcons aren't out of the woods, and i'd never pass this game off as a win nor has anyone on the falcons team. the players and coaches both realize this is going to be a tough game, just dont expect there to be mistakes like the rams and patriots with fumbling and int's, falcons are #10 in take aways and 32nd in give aways. mora has the falcons playing close to perfect football.

just because all you see on sports center is vick don't assume the falcons are a one man team. :p

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
unfortunately for you the falcons aren't a one man team like most of the NFL believe. so far the no. 1 recievers for the falcons have been a full back and a tight end. mora was a defensive coordinator as you probably know so he has nothing to do with the offense, that's greg knapp's job. as for knowing the WCO that doesn't mean anything if you don't have the players to execute the gameplan which the cardinals don't have what they have is heart and a willingness to sacrifice themselves for the good of the team. i realize the falcons aren't out of the woods, and i'd never pass this game off as a win nor has anyone on the falcons team. the players and coaches both realize this is going to be a tough game, just dont expect there to be mistakes like the rams and patriots with fumbling and int's, falcons are #10 in take aways and 32nd in give aways. mora has the falcons playing close to perfect football.

just because all you see on sports center is vick don't assume the falcons are a one man team. :p
I think the Cards need this win more than the Falcons do, but hey, I'm biased. I know Mora is a defense minded coach, and probably just what the doctor ordered with the D the Falcons had last year. But, Mora runs the West Coast offense because he was in SF. right?

I think it will be an interesting game for both teams. Sooner or later the Cards will show that they are a good team. Too many people on this board are to used to losing to put faith in a winning system. IMO

Welcome to the board, I didn't mean to be offish, I just want W's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
a win for the cardinals would propell them to atleast 8 and 8 however a loss like that where everyone has your written off as the sure fire winner deflates everything you've built in the offseason that sense of urgency and "swagger". i think this is a bigger game for the falcons than the cardinals and people make it seem to be.

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
yea i'll be back i'm interested in the cardinals i think theyre going to be a great team especially with denny green coaching them. you'll soon be seeing rappers wearing cardinals gear. :p

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well, I hope so. The reason I asked....there is no reason to talk smack then not come back and take your licks.

Falcons 21
Cards 28

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
i haven't talked any smack :p and yes i will take my "licks"

34 - 14 falcons

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards won't give up 34 to anybody, much less, the Falcons. The Cards will get turnovers too.

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
black said:
The Cards won't give up 34 to anybody, much less, the Falcons. The Cards will get turnovers too.
falcons are 32nd in give aways. 10th in takeaways. the cardinals will not get turnovers

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
falcons are 32nd in give aways. 10th in takeaways. the cardinals will not get turnovers
The reason the Falcons turnover ratio is the way it is, its because they haven't played the Cards yet. If the Cards can get the Patriots to turn the ball over they can get the Falcons to do the same.

The Pats also have a better defense, which we should be able to cut loose on the dirty birds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
black said:
The reason the Falcons turnover ratio is the way it is, its because they haven't played the Cards yet. If the Cards can get the Patriots to turn the ball over they can get the Falcons to do the same. The Pats also have a better defense, which we should be able to cut loose on the dirty birds.
better defense than what? watch out for the blitz mccown is going to be on his back all day, and emmitt will be lucky to get 10 yards. :D

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
better defense than what? watch out for the blitz mccown is going to be on his back all day, and emmitt will be lucky to get 10 yards. :D
THE-PATRIOTS-HAVE-A-BETTER-DEFENSE-THAN-THE-FALCONS

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
their run defense this year is horrible.
Too early for that statement. Just like its too early to count the Cards out of any game. Teams make adjustments and gell or fall apart. Your're a dirty bird already, don't be an early bird too.LOL

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
black said:
Too early for that statement. Just like its too early to count the Cards out of any game. Teams make adjustments and gell or fall apart. Your're a dirty bird already, don't be an early bird too.LOL
well that's true however this team won't fall apart. under dan reeves yea this team would be 0 and 2 most likely. with mora knapp donatell and alex gibbs this team is fired up. i dont think the cardinals can match the falcons intensity.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mora and the staff.......
You must be registered for see images

"Hey, I didn't know McCown was that good!" "WE were supposed to win...BOO HOO!"

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
black said:
Mora and the staff.......
You must be registered for see images

"Hey, I didn't know McCown was that good!" "WE were supposed to win...BOO HOO!"
:p

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this game was in AZ, I would think the Cards have a better chance. But turf with another loud dome and an unsettled OL is going to hurt the Cards this week. I don't think the Cards will break their road jinx this week.

Welcome Schaub...always nice to have a Falcons fan on board for game week.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If I couldn't root for the Cardinals and wanted to "adopt" another NFL team, it would probably be the Falcones.

Aside from Vick, I like Duckett. I like all of your corners. I like Brookings. I like Jaspar. And I like Kerney and Smith.

Your O-Line is basically "no-name" but, hey! It works - in fact a helluva lot better than ours does. I also like Mora's idea of rotating your offensive linemen so that opponents won't know in advance which guys they have to scout.

I appreciate this visit from a opposing fan who didn't arrive on this board with both guns blazing (and both lips flapping). Don't be a stranger.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schaub, if I may, exactly what qualified Jim Mora Jr to be a head coach?

It's something I never understood, I live in the bay area, when he was the DB coach, it was the weakness of the team. Then he's promoted to DC and the defense continues to struggle, they had their moments, but over the last 5 years they finished higher than 10th in fewest points allowed once, and 20th or lower 3 times including a 30 and 28 showing, and Mora had a part in that.

Even with all that, the 49ers themselves considered him a future coach, is growing up the son of a coach that important?

I just never understood how a position coach or coordinator whose units consistently underachieve, gets promoted in the NFL but it seems to happen repeatedly. I know he's a personable guy, grew up around the NFL, but if that didn't help him in his prior duties, why will it help now?

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Schaub, if I may, exactly what qualified Jim Mora Jr to be a head coach?

It's something I never understood, I live in the bay area, when he was the DB coach, it was the weakness of the team. Then he's promoted to DC and the defense continues to struggle, they had their moments, but over the last 5 years they finished higher than 10th in fewest points allowed once, and 20th or lower 3 times including a 30 and 28 showing, and Mora had a part in that.

Even with all that, the 49ers themselves considered him a future coach, is growing up the son of a coach that important?

I just never understood how a position coach or coordinator whose units consistently underachieve, gets promoted in the NFL but it seems to happen repeatedly. I know he's a personable guy, grew up around the NFL, but if that didn't help him in his prior duties, why will it help now?
he blew away Mckay and Blank with his interview he was the most prepared canidate and there was something about him that blank and mckay liked. he also gurenteed knapp as the offensive coordinator so that was anothe rbig thing. when he was hired i had a wtf looking on my face, but im happy with him so far.

OP
OP
S

Schaub4MVP

Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
If this game was in AZ, I would think the Cards have a better chance. But turf with another loud dome and an unsettled OL is going to hurt the Cards this week. I don't think the Cards will break their road jinx this week.

Welcome Schaub...always nice to have a Falcons fan on board for game week.
the dome is going to be really loud :D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schaub4MVP said:
the dome is going to be really loud :D

That won't matter, Josh doesn't audible anyways :)

I think there's always the potential in a dome for a young Qb to be intimidated, anybody who saw our playoff game in Minnesota will remember how shaky Jake looked in the first half, and he'd started 25 regular season games and won a playoff game, Josh has far less experience.

On paper I don't think Atlanta is dramatically better than us, they just have "playmakers" and we as of yet, don't.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05