Cards 2007 Head Coach

green_blood

Reaction score
im new here to these message boards and i come as a jet fan. im not here to troll but i plan to contribute to the message board here. mike heimerdinger is a questionable coordinator at best. i watched every game of last year's fatal season. his playcalling even in the early part before the meltdown and letdown vs. jacksonville was questionable with the way defenses reacted. now maybe the offense looked bad because of herm edward's deficiencies as a head coach but the best bet is not in heimerdinger. now that green may be fired during your bye week i have no idea what option the cardinals could use other than promoting a coordinator or hiring dumm dumm dumm, jim fassel. the cardinals would be better off with promoting a block of cheese than to do that but thats what seems to be on the horizon with the cards. its kinda sad when this was the cards year, (AGAIN) to make noise in the nfc west. (no raving mike ditka included). good luck and my sympathies are with you.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Bob Stoops

Hmmmm - thats rather interesting. I could see that too. That way he and his brother could rule the Arizona football universe (snicker snicker:p )

My dream is to get Weis. Its not going to happen but i do believe he eventually wants to coach in the NFL but why would he take this job when he is in line to get a job with one of the preeminnent franchises in this league once one opens up. The only way i could see it happen is if the Bidwills make him the highest paid coach in football and he REALLY believes he can win with Leinart (he recently stated Leinart was one of the most cerebral QB's he has ever coached against)

More likely we will go for a big name but the wrong one like Pete Carroll. I think we should go to the college ranks for our guy but someone with previous experience in the NFL. I would love Fischer/Chow and Gruden in that order. But most likley we will end up with some POS like Heimerdinger. To all you guys pimping him. I had a good friend who dated his daughter when he was with the Broncos. We would hang around her all the time. Total headcase. Me thinks i want someone who can handle this "headcase" of a franchise a little better than he did her. Not to mention he was atrocious as the Jets coordinator.....

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Give Clancy the job after the Packers game... Lots of you think he is future HC material so lets give him a shot...

1) He's passionate and brings energy... at least we'd see somebody who cares on the sidelines..

2) This would be a good test run... if he gets this team of malcontents to play hard and win... then he becomes a candidate in the offseason..

3) If he sucks we dont waste time and possibly make a mistake hiring him in the offseason..

4) What is there to lose? Clancy is gone as soon as the new coach comes in anyway.. so why not give him a shot at the HC position for the final 8 games..

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Please no college coaches or fired former coaches like Fassel or Fisher (soon to be)...

The stud assitant coach is the way everyone is going... We need a fresh, energetic coach, who wants to make a name for himself...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No college coaches...no fired coaches...but a coach with experience...wow, not sure they make these.

Jeff Fisher is the best candidate out there right now. He has experiece in winning, in winning in the playoffs and in playing in the superbowl. He is a blue collar guy and will bring toughness to a weak team. He is a defensive coach whose preferred scheme (4-3) fits our players. He holds his players accountable for their actions on the field. He is a passionate head coach that will fire his players up. He could possibly bring Norm Chow as the offensive coordinator.

Basically, Jeff Fisher brings toughness and gets the most out of his players which is something that we have needed for awhile. We would not have a soft team for once.

bcraycraft

Reaction score
Bob Stoops would be a great hire. And yes, I'm a UA grad suffering through the third rough season of Mike (although we're built for next year). Bob will be a fantastic motivator, and knows how to run a program (Oklahoma was in ruin before he got there). Plus, I do NOT want another coach who has failed over and over in other cities...just look at the NBA to see how that works.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would give Clancy an 8 game audition for the job, no doubt. We turn it around, he stays. We don't, new regime comes in.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
I would give Clancy an 8 game audition for the job, no doubt. We turn it around, he stays. We don't, new regime comes in.

D-D:

And it worked so well, the last time a Cardinals defensive coordinator took over as the head coach midseason, right? :rolleyes:

WC

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no college coaches or fired former coaches like Fassel or Fisher (soon to be)...

The stud assitant coach is the way everyone is going... We need a fresh, energetic coach, who wants to make a name for himself...

Well that's pretty limiting then since most available coaches will either be college coaches, or guys who have been fired before.

So basically you only want assistants looking for their first HC job?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like Rivera.Lovie Smith never had a ton of experience as a DC before getting the Bears job. He went from OSU to Tampa as the LB coach then to St.Louis as their DC for 1 or 2 years before getting the Bears job. That being said, what's the weakest part of the Cards and that will tell you who should be the next HC. Russ Grimm from Pittsburgh fits the bill. Reading those bios, his was awfully impressive. I think he could get through to those lazy bums on the OL and,if not,probably kick their butts.

ChandlerCard

Now living in Scottsdale
Reaction score
D-D:

And it worked so well, the last time a Cardinals defensive coordinator took over as the head coach midseason, right? :rolleyes:

WC

The difference is that McGinnis' defense just plain sucked. Clancy has gotten the defense to be good based on schemes and motivation. That's what you need from your head coach. Then get coordinators that are solid and experienced on x's-and-o's; this will have a bigger impact by itself than a head coach who doesn't inspire passion in his players.

But don't fire Denny - "demote" him like he did to Rowen, and then put him in charge of player personnel. Heck, make him GM - let him play to his real strengths.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
But don't fire Denny - "demote" him like he did to Rowen, and then put him in charge of player personnel. Heck, make him GM - let him play to his real strengths.

Ok so what does the new GM Denny do with our Oline, go out and find even fatter guys?

Let's just set Denny free so he can "help" out someone else.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the many new posters these past few weeks. Maybe you'll bring us a change in the Cards quality of play. Or maybe not.

Maybe you'll just get sucked into the collective misery here.

Muggum

Registered
Reaction score
Jim Tressel would be the best bet. But he'd never come. He's WAY too smart for that.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I repeat. BOOMER EISASON. The Old Ditka reborn!

Huh? Boomer hates the Cardinals and spent as much time pouting as he did playing when he was here.

The fact that he has zero coaching experience (beyond maybe pee wee or high school that I don't know of) is another strike against him. I don't see the Ditka comparison.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I repeat. BOOMER EISASON. The Old Ditka reborn!

And Krieg as OC, Mike buck as QB coach, Tupa on special teams. Just assemble a staff out of all the crappy QB's we've had since Lomax got injured and before we got Matt.

Jake could be the DC since he's so experienced trying to tackle guys after the INT.

Tashunca

Registered
Reaction score
Boomer is a leader. Boomer doesn't tolerate minimal effort. "He puts the fear of God in you" (A former player)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Krieg as OC, Mike buck as QB coach, Tupa on special teams. Just assemble a staff out of all the crappy QB's we've had since Lomax got injured and before we got Matt.

Jake could be the DC since he's so experienced trying to tackle guys after the INT.
Russ, I dig your Jake-bashing. Please continue.

:thumbup: