Cards 3 to 3.5 point dogs...

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
So basically a pickem game since we are playing at SF. the line hasn't really changed at all, even after the preseason. I still think we win by anywhere from 7-10 points.

:koolaid:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am considering a small wager on the 49ers so if we lose I won't be as mad.

That's known in betting circles as the Cheesebeef system.

But what the Cardinals like to do to you is lose the game but beat the spread. :bang:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heres a question. How are the 49ER'S going to deal with a more experienced Matt Leinart, a seasoned Larry Fitzgerald, SUPER Q, a fresh Edgerin James, a revamped offensive line and a more inovated offense with better play calling?

The 49ers better plan on scoring about 35 points if the even are going to think about winning this game.

Remember the last 2 years we were everybody's darling. Watch out for the Cardinals! Now the new cry is Watch out for the 49ers.

We're not playing the Colts. We're not playing the Patriots. We're playing the 49ers who we have beat 4 times in a row. Four times in a row with crappier teams than we have now. Are they improved? Perhaps, but I think we are too.

We need to get the crowd out of the game early if possible, but above all we need to survive the 1st quarter untl the hype dies down a bit. If we have the ball last with a chance to win, we will win.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically a pickem game since we are playing at SF. the line hasn't really changed at all, even after the preseason. I still think we win by anywhere from 7-10 points.

:koolaid:
Doesn't the home team get 3 points for being the home team .. ?? thats why its a pickem game .. ??

I know it sounds funny since I live in a gambling area (Laughlin), but I don't gamble so I have to ask ...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Doesn't the home team get 3 points for being the home team .. ?? thats why its a pickem game .. ??

I know it sounds funny since I live in a gambling area (Laughlin), but I don't gamble so I have to ask ...

That seems to be the conventional wisdom but the point of the spread is to get an equal amount of money bet on both teams.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
opening night, bill walsh died, prime time game, we have beat them 4x in a row, in san fran.... Hardly a game I am chalkin up as an easy W...

Utah49er

Reaction score
Cards 0-1
49er 1-0

SF wins 28-7

Heres a question. How are the 49ER'S going to deal with a more experienced Matt Leinart, a seasoned Larry Fitzgerald, SUPER Q, a fresh Edgerin James, a revamped offensive line and a more inovated offense with better play calling?

The 49ers better plan on scoring about 35 points if the even are going to think about winning this game.

Remember the last 2 years we were everybody's darling. Watch out for the Cardinals! Now the new cry is Watch out for the 49ers.

We're not playing the Colts. We're not playing the Patriots. We're playing the 49ers who we have beat 4 times in a row. Four times in a row with crappier teams than we have now. Are they improved? Perhaps, but I think we are too.

We need to get the crowd out of the game early if possible, but above all we need to survive the 1st quarter untl the hype dies down a bit. If we have the ball last with a chance to win, we will win.

Utah49er

Reaction score
You will get 7 in the final seconds of the game. SF D hopes for shut out but......AZ gets some luck.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
You will get 7 in the final seconds of the game. SF D hopes for shut out but......AZ gets some luck.

Wait a minute, you are from Utah, that gives you a free pass to pick any NFL team. So you decide to pick a team that continues to get its rear handed to them by the Cards? Do you also look forward to paying taxes each year?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah49er?

Does that mean you are a homosexual polygamist? :D

1usctrojan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wait a minute, you are from Utah, that gives you a free pass to pick any NFL team. So you decide to pick a team that continues to get its rear handed to them by the Cards? Do you also look forward to paying taxes each year?

We know who played at Utah Robert.....Alex Smith. He's blinded by love.

Utah49er

Reaction score
It is always humors me when I get on these threads that being from Utah brings small minded insults. I am a 49ers fan having some fun stirring it up....can't wait till Monday.....I will be here after your ass whhooppp...er the game.
Utah49er?

Does that mean you are a homosexual polygamist? :D

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is always humors me when I get on these threads that being from Utah brings small minded insults. I am a 49ers fan having some fun stirring it up....can't wait till Monday.....I will be here after your ass whhooppp...er the game.
Dude, why do you find it neccessary to talk about our asses. I know, its a 49er thing.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Glad I can "humor" you. Let's see if you show up if you lose. Nine out of ten don't. The humiliation of getting beat by the Cards is just too tough to take I guess.

Utah49er

Reaction score
LOL....Ok after your team is beaten badly by a superior team...better?

Utah49er

Reaction score
Glad I can "humor" you. Let's see if you show up if you lose. Nine out of ten don't. The humiliation of getting beat by the Cards is just too tough to take I guess.

I must admit you are correct...getting beat by the Card is the most humiliating thing that can happen to any NFL team.......it was tuff last year for us.....that was last year!!!!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It always humors me when fans come on here and make it blatently obvious that they dont know very much about football while simultaneously expecting us to take their comments seriously.

Our Cardinals might not be absolutely dominating on both sides of the ball (in my opinion, w/ the salary cap that is impossible nowadays), but there is no team in the league who could hold us to 7pts. Not gonna happen, no chance. I challenge you to find someone who disagrees with that.

This is why we will beat you down twice again this year and have a better record than the Barbies from the Bay, because we will atleast dominate on one side of the ball. You guys will be no better than decent on either side.

BTW----Alex Smith is such a fem.

cardsloco

Registered
Reaction score
I must admit you are correct...getting beat by the Card is the most humiliating thing that can happen to any NFL team.......it was tuff last year for us.....that was last year!!!!​
Don't forget the year before that, remember the beat down. As it is widely known in Mexico, when you are a complete disgrace to your family, you are simply known as a "niner".

Utah49er

Reaction score
Yeah the that year we ended up 2-14......a sorry state due too management issues, which have been addressed and fixed. So if you are boasting about that, knock yourself out....I look forward to the Cards annual 8 game skid....LOL.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this time of year a lot better.

It is so much more fun to make fun of, and abuse, fans of our competitors than it is to make fun of, or abuse, ourselves.

And no, 40, I don't mean abuse ourselves in a "Seinfeld Contest" kind of way. :D

JTS

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05