Cards 49ers Game 1 Thread 2008

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Okay I figured it out. We never win when I wear my white James jersey. I tore it off. Disaster averted.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you watching this game? I don't think running the ball is our problem. Warner is our problem.

James: 12 car, 59 yds

Warner: 6/11, 75 yds, two awful sacks, looks like he's drunk on cough syrup while managing the team in the huddle.

Exactly, Warner looks like a confused rookie out there. We have two of the best receivers in the league and he won't throw downfield.

I thought his arm is why he won the starting job.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Levi was drawn, but Kurt blew that one for us

I'm shocked only Levi was false starting on that. WTF was that? Kurt pulling people off the line, moving people around, nobody moving...running up and down the line, of course someone will mess up. Jeez. Warner ran the two minute offense so sweetly last year. That was horrid...basically how I'd probably run it. If you want to milk the clock, go tell the line not to move, and hard count. And have everyone before hand know that. That was such a keystone cards kind of moment...unreal. Shocked it didn't end up with a PR for a TD.

/rant

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Analysis for first half.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.......didn't.
:bang:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm shocked only Levi was false starting on that. WTF was that? Kurt pulling people off the line, moving people around, nobody moving...running up and down the line, of course someone will mess up. Jeez. Warner ran the two minute offense so sweetly last year. That was horrid...basically how I'd probably run it. If you want to milk the clock, go tell the line not to move, and hard count. And have everyone before hand know that. That was such a keystone cards kind of moment...unreal. Shocked it didn't end up with a PR for a TD.

/rant

I was thinking the same thing. Kurt, are you trying to cause a screw up on this play? Call a timeout for crying out loud.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
SF is not as bad a team as alot of you make out. This team is in a battle right now on the road. This is the kind of game where if you win it can get your season off to the right start. Play calling has been poor so far but they are not taking as many chances as SF so SF has more Turnovers and we did not capitalize. Go Cards!!

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we are not going to throw the ball to Boldin...Then we might as well trade him. 1 pass is uncalled for...and him having 0 catches is ridiculous. Philly wouldn't even take him now...with them lighting up the scorebaord with 6th round draft picks. This game plan was written 5 minutes before the game.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
SF is not as bad a team as alot of you make out. This team is in a battle right now on the road. This is the kind of game where if you win it can get your season off to the right start. Play calling has been poor so far but they are not taking as many chances as SF so SF has more Turnovers and we did not capitalize. Go Cards!!

That is the big problem. We did not capitalize. If we do that, we are all laughing, cheering, and mocking the Niners. The Cards just don't know how to take advantage against poor play yet. Pitiful.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Kurt, are you trying to cause a screw up on this play? Call a timeout for crying out loud.

It was when he tried to get people off the line to go huddle up again and they looked at him like WTF??

Right there I knew something horrible was going to happen.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see everyone wants to throw Warner under the bus, but I'd say our oline was much worse in pass blocking than he was in passing. And, I think the Niners have been solid in coverage too. No one has really been wide open yet.

It's 10 to 10, which is about what I've expected from this game all along. Tight, and down to the wire.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

And we can't stop the run...Gore is running all over us. It's sickening

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I see everyone wants to throw Warner under the bus, but I'd say our oline was much worse in pass blocking than he was in passing. And, I think the Niners have been solid in coverage too. No one has really been wide open yet.

It's 10 to 10, which is about what I've expected from this game all along. Tight, and down to the wire.

Yeah, I expected that too, but not after the field position we had...

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I can't stand to see Warner in there. Am I the only person just waiting for him to fumble and have the 9ers run it in? And OBTW, Rackers sucks.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Yeah, Gore is only like one of the top 5 backs in the league...you guys act like we are playing a group of stiffs....give it a rest. SF is not a team we should take lightly...if we do we lose. Check last year for why we didn't make the playoffs.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Maybe if we each had 2 to's and the same field position. A 1990 Porche and 2009 Porche are not the same. This is unacceptable to be tied when you have had the ball in their territory all game!!!!!!!!!1 ANd they have started 4 times inside their own 10.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fine with seeing Warner in there. But he isn't showing us why he should be in there. One series he threw it downfield. Once.