Cards @ Chiefs pre-season game #2 official game thread

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How about Andy Dalton the year before?

Dalton was a freaking steal. Actually, only one I saw rate Dalton high was on Gruden's QB camp, he rated Dalton really high because he could diagram every play on a board that Gruden called out. I saw that before Dalton ever played his rookie year and I was amazed.

Just saw his camp on Andrew Luck and that dude is smart--he diagrammed every single play Gruden called out on a blackboard and not only that he put 1's, 2's, 3's etc for the reads and which ones were difficult passes and options. Luck impressed me more on that show than anyone ever.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Dalton was a freaking steal. Actually, only one I saw rate Dalton high was on Gruden's QB camp, he rated Dalton really high because he could diagram every play on a board that Gruden called out. I saw that before Dalton ever played his rookie year and I was amazed.

Just saw his camp on Andrew Luck and that dude is smart--he diagrammed every single play Gruden called out on a blackboard and not only that he put 1's, 2's, 3's etc for the reads and which ones were difficult passes and options. Luck impressed me more on that show than anyone ever.

Luck will be top 3 QB no later then 2014. No doubt in my mind.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

I remember you wanting him. You were spot on

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Luck will be top 3 QB no later then 2014. No doubt in my mind.

I have no doubt about it. There were plays he was diagramming where he was like, "We didn't call it that in college, but this is what I think you mean," and he would diagram the whole thing, and at one point he said, "We didn't let the flank continue the route like in the NFL, we had him squat here (circles it)," and I knew then, this dude knows football. Other plays he was like, "In college this is a curl, but in NFL they break it off after a few seconds and run up, so it's really an option," and just on and on. Luck will be awesome. No doubt in my mind.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Powell had a solid showing so far. Also impressed with Byrd on O. Rashad Johnson has really improved over the last year or so too. Sturdivant looked good. Our starters in general were disappointing, but I could see Horton not wanting to show too much in preseason and being comfortable with basically all the same guys coming back. On offense though, my hope is that they looked so bad because of the lack of a real running threat

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Spoken like a true Cardinals' fan. Points are overrated. :cool:

LOL :D

Fair enough man. I'm just saying it's preseason and we've never really excelled in preseason. Even the year we went to the SB we were 2-2. It's not like we were stellar.

freebyrd

Reaction score
well i am going to go with the fact that smoking hot preseason cards teams fall on there face when the regular season comes
i remember when i lived there in the 90s we went undefeated in the preseason and stank it up the rest of the way

all we can do is hope

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
well i am going to go with the fact that smoking hot preseason cards teams fall on there face when the regular season comes
i remember when i lived there in the 90s we went undefeated in the preseason and stank it up the rest of the way

all we can do is hope

More like pray that this offensive line finds competence

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bartel blows. Lindley has made the team. There you have it.

Pretty much the only conclusion we have about the QB position for the team.

Meanwhile, Kolb and Skelton are in a one-legged race to see who can throw a TD pass before the end of preseason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Like Leinart?

I'm liking what I see of of Lindley and Skelton.

Lindley, yes. Skelton, no. He's looking like Matt Leinart in 2010. Lots of short throws for higher completion %, but 5 YPA wont get it done in this league. To his credit, he's not whining and complaining about being pitted in a competition.

Kolb and Skelton are doing a great job at leaving MUCH to be desired. Thank goodness we have three more tune-up games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I'll say this about Skelton (and I'm not a big fan) - the guy has excellent pocket poise.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Terrible tackling V.2.0

Skelton wins hands down

lindley stays, Bartel goes

Alfoz Smith is a keeper

Gay still sucks

We need to work on run D

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
Ol Russ is our Mean Joe Green...Hall of Fame player Hall of Shame Oline Coach

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
good thing its pre-season, this team looks horrid on both sides of the ball.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
these two teams practiced together all week...I am sure the coaches pulled out plays the team had not spent much time on....but...lead with your shoulder...wrap up...and drive with your legs....has not change in fifty years....has it?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
these two teams practiced together all week...I am sure the coaches pulled out plays the team had not spent much time on....but...lead with your shoulder...wrap up...and drive with your legs....has not change in fifty years....has it?

Nope, that's what bothers me man. Fundamentals are fundamentals. They remain the same. And we didn't do any of that with tackling.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05