Cards @ Chiefs pre-season game #2 official game thread

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tackling shaky all night. Even on ST's. Coaches have to make the coming week a tough one.

We should have been better considering we already had a game. That said thought Skelton was ok and Lindley is a nice surprise.

Not just shaky, tackling across the board has been poor and less than average. Don't care what anyone says about preseason, other teams are already tackling better than us and I thought we were a premier tackling team.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
McCoy 6-8 88 yards tonight vs Detroit. Weedon 3-9 with an INT.

Maybe it'll be Weedon who is available.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
McCoy 6-8 88 yards tonight vs Detroit. Weedon 3-9 with an INT.

Maybe it'll be Weedon who is available.

No way, on Sirius NFL network they were saying how they're already shopping McCoy and that he was upset that he was never given a chance to compete for the starting job. They go back now, they're an even more messed up franchise than I thought.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No more castoffs. Time to draft and groom a first rounder

We're grooming Skelton and Lindley man. Only way we improve on that is to totally suck and pull a Colts team like last year or pull a Detroit and get a guy like Stafford. We have to totally fall off the rails in order for that to happen. And I think we have too much talent in other positions for that to happen. We have to groom who we have, or get a FA like Manning (who frankly didn't impress me at all his preseason game, he had Kolb #'s but since he's Manning it's okay).

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Backups showing something tonight: Sturdivant and Kelemente. Kele looks really good for a rookie. He's at LG so where does he play if he keeps it up?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I actually agree just hate to see Fitz suffer thru his prime!

That's my whole thing man, been saying it over and over. We're wasting a HOF player's best years. Can't let that happen. There has to be a desperation to solidify that position before Fitz is too old or retired to make a difference. Totally agree.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, it's Bartel time, which is Beer-Tim time for me.

You guys keep it civil...errr...nice...errr...oh never mind.

I keeed....I keeed....

Later folks!

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was such an emberresing play for Bartel. That looked like when the older bigger brother chases his 3 yr old brother around the house and just ends up throwing the item in the air and getting pummled..

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Actually the perfect time to go all in for a QB was last year IMO. Luck & RGIII were the guys to go after.

Yep. We just didn't suck enough. We're in that crappy "tweener" position where we're not good enough to make playoffs, but not bad enough to draft high. It sucks.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I didn't catch the game tonight as i was conducting our fantasy football draft. But in reading this thread, how are the Cards different than at any point in the last 40 years? Bummer.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't catch the game tonight as i was conducting our fantasy football draft. But in reading this thread, how are the Cards different than at any point in the last 40 years? Bummer.

It isn't over, man. Check out the 4th quarter. :thumbup:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who cares about points man, we just didn't play well on 1st or 2nd stringers, now it's just guys trying to make the PS.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Welp that offseason myopia sure was nice while it lasted!

Back to reality #Barkleyin2013

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05