Cards/Green slapped in the face.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
Buddy inherited a pretty decent team (as far as Cardinal standards go) and managed to run it into the ground. So, were those national games based on Buddy's reputation, or that we weren't the worst team in football back then?

I don't care how bad we were the last few years, Ryan's days as coach were definately our dark years. He might have had a better record than Coach Mac, but he'll never be half the man in my book.

Even though the '94 defense was terrific to watch Ryan was an unmitigated disaster and the Christmas Game in '95 was probably the low point in Cardinal history. Which is saying something because they wrote the book on low points.

That game alone probably got the Cards a 10 year ban from Monday night. Unless they were playing the Cowboys of course.

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My issue is with the number of games.

DAL gets 5? They had 1 playoff season.

CLE deserves 2 games? They had a lousy year.

CIN deserves 2 games? They are coming on but...

MIN deserves 4 games?

MIA deserves 4 games? Yawn.

WASH deserves 4 games? Why Gibbs?

KC deserves 5 games? Come on.

GB desereves 5 games? They barely made the playoffs.

OAK and NYG had the same record as the Cards.
HOU had a "better record" then the 4 loss teams and WAS and CLE and ATL and JAX (they draft later). HOU is considered an up and coming team.

You America is really clamoring for those CIN and CLE games.

azjam I agree you know DG will use this. He doesn't miss a trick. :)

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The "Fuss" Jim

is over, Justice, fairness, some sort of equality!
That being said, as this has been said. WE NEED TO WIN!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a marketing guy, here is my spin on telecast choice

DAL gets 5? They had 1 playoff season.

America's team lives on ??????

CLE deserves 2 games? They had a lousy year.

League still owes city of Cleveland since Modell stole the franchise

CIN deserves 2 games? They are coming on but...

This one stumps me, maybe their opponent

MIN deserves 4 games?

Isn't Red one of the Clear Channel Broadcasting big boys ?

MIA deserves 4 games? Yawn.

Tv guys get mini vacations to South Beach and Golf courses Joes Stonecrabs

WASH deserves 4 games? Why Gibbs?

Thats one for the DC politicians - schmoozing

KC deserves 5 games? Come on.

Everybody owes Lamar Hunt (owner) conspiracy theory big time JFK/RFK

GB desereves 5 games? They barely made the playoffs.

The legend of Green Bay goes on and on and on and

OAK and NYG had the same record as the Cards.

NFL owes Big Al and Giants are the Big Apple and all that goes with it. Network home base.

HOU had a "better record" then the 4 loss teams and WAS and CLE and ATL and JAX (they draft later). HOU is considered an up and coming team.

It's Texas and they owe city of Houston for Tennessee Titans

Connections and the buddy system ??????? It ain't fair , but that's the way it is. The color of money. :shrug:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
To Vikesfan and azjam, we haven't have a winning record sinnce the 98 season. If we win more this year= more national games next year. DG presence won't affect the national games for this team winning more games will.

OP
OP
V

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

The Match of the Century!!!!

The Cards losing mystique vs. DG's winning ways.

WHO WILL PREVAIL???

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

The showdown will finally happen. Every Sunday this season. See it for yourselves.

WHO WILL WIN and WHO WILL LOSE.

Come on down folks. The chills The thrills! Remember...

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
It's no slap in the face, it's business as usual. If Denny chooses to use this as motivation, the players will be thinking...(where have you been?)

First, if your team doesn't win 8 games, no Monday night football.

Second, no SDS games would be televised because the 50 year old venue has bad lighting, and the stadium's metal bleachers look terrible on TV.

Third, the networks try to pick games based on ratings. This fact wipes out all the other national coverage games.

I like it.

We'll be under-the-radar. When we win games, the other team will say, "we had no idea they were so good, the games start so late out west, we never see them play."

And best of all, if we can be successful ...there would be nothing better than us playing important games, and people across the country asking, "why can't we see the Cardinal game?"

Other than that, until we win games, no big TV coverage.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

WHO WILL PREVAIL???

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

The showdown will finally happen. Every Sunday this season. See it for yourselves.

WHO WILL WIN and WHO WILL LOSE.

Come on down folks. The chills The thrills! Remember...

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

VF your man love to DG is starting to creep me out man.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

WHO WILL PREVAIL???
Okay. I'm on the bandwagon. VF is insane.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lex said:
We'll be under-the-radar. When we win games, the other team will say, "we had no idea they were so good, the games start so late out west, we never see them play."

This is the first time I've ever heard this. :rolleyes:

This was all-too familiar a refrain last season as we sat at #32 on the ESPN Power Rankings. The NFL is too small and too good for one team to "sneak up" on another.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dopleganger said:
Hunh? no! Dohh!! (Homer Simpson)

doppelganger

Meaning "double walker" a doppelganger is a shadow-self that accompanies every human. Only the owner of a doppelganger can see it, otherwise it is invisible to human eyes. Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers. Providing sympathetic company, a doppelganger almost always stands behind a person, and they cast no reflection in a mirror. They are prepared to listen and give advice to humans, either implanting ideas in their heads, or a sort of osmosis. It is said to be bad luck if it is seen, and rarely a doppelganger will make itself visible to friends or family, often causing great confusion. Doppelgangers can be mischievous and malicious.

As I have alluded to earlier, Doppelganger and VF are one and the same. :eek: :shrug:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
This is the first time I've ever heard this. :rolleyes:

This was all-too familiar a refrain last season as we sat at #32 on the ESPN Power Rankings. The NFL is too small and too good for one team to "sneak up" on another.

That's not true. Do you recall the Vikings/Cardinals game? Tice sat Chris Claiborne to get ready for the playoffs because he wasn't expecting s--- from the Cards. I remember reading something about Freddie Jones talking to Vikings who were sitting out the game saying "they'd be ready for next week."

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
That's not true. Do you recall the Vikings/Cardinals game? Tice sat Chris Claiborne to get ready for the playoffs because he wasn't expecting s--- from the Cards. I remember reading something about Freddie Jones talking to Vikings who were sitting out the game saying "they'd be ready for next week."

There's "sneaking up on a team" and then there's outright stupidity. Even sitting starters and playing half-assed, the Vikes were seven seconds from victory.

The closest I remember from last season of a team "sneaking up" on another is the Bengals upsetting the Chiefs around mid-season, when they were looking nearly unstoppable.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Another example why you're wrong:

Last year I saw Archuleta and a couple of other members of the Rams secondary in Old Town around last call the night before the game. I'm sure zit-faced Archuleta never thought Anquan would burn him for 125 yards as he was partying late. Would you consider that the Cardianls sneaking up on the Rams secondary? I doubt they would have been out if they were playing the Colts the next day. Give me a break, the only reason you brought this up was to disprove Lex.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Another example why you're wrong:

Last year I saw Archuleta and a couple of other members of the Rams secondary in Old Town around last call the night before the game. I'm sure zit-faced Archuleta never thought Anquan would burn him for 125 yards as he was partying late. Would you consider that the Cardianls sneaking up on the Rams secondary? I doubt they would have been out if they were playing the Colts the next day. Give me a break, the only reason you brought this up was to disprove Lex.

I'm sorry, who won that game? Which of the two teams that played in that game ended up winning the NFC West? The Cards almost always put up big (for the Cards) points against the Rams (11/3/02 - 14 points, Jake throws for almost 200 yards. 12/15/02 - 28 points, Jake throws for 258 yards. 9/28/04 - 13 points. 11/23/03 - 27 points, Blake throws for 192 yards. Two of the Cards' Top Five offensive performances of the past two seasons have been against the Rams, but all four games were "L"s).

It may happen, but I'd guess that it, like the infamous Arizona heat, usually makes the difference between a 27-10 loss and a 42-6 one.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I'm sorry, who won that game? Which of the two teams that played in that game ended up winning the NFC West? The Cards almost always put up big (for the Cards) points against the Rams (11/3/02 - 14 points, Jake throws for almost 200 yards. 12/15/02 - 28 points, Jake throws for 258 yards. 9/28/04 - 13 points. 11/23/03 - 27 points, Blake throws for 192 yards. Two of the Cards' Top Five offensive performances of the past two seasons have been against the Rams, but all four games were "L"s).

It may happen, but I'd guess that it, like the infamous Arizona heat, usually makes the difference between a 27-10 loss and a 42-6 one.

It may happen? I gave you two examples of when teams and certain players on teams overlooked the Cardinals. One was when a team sat players in anticipation of the playoffs and ended up losing the game. The other was when some members on an opposing team went out the night before the game and ended up getting burned on defense, which resulted in a win, albeit in OT against a far inferior team. The stats you threw out have nothing to do with the debate, they're only meaningless numbers you hope to pass as a solid argument.

It happens. You were wrong, I was right.

You must be registered for see images

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
It may happen? I gave you two examples of when teams and certain players on teams overlooked the Cardinals. One was when a team sat players in anticipation of the playoffs and ended up losing the game. The other was when some members on an opposing team went out the night before the game and ended up getting burned on defense, which resulted in a win, albeit in OT against a far inferior team. The stats you threw out have nothing to do with the debate, they're only meaningless numbers you hope to pass as a solid argument.

It happens. You were wrong, I was right.

I can't make you not be an idiot. To me, winning one game against a team that was stupid and losing another (both at home, where you're supposed to win), just not as badly as you expected hardly suggests damning evidence to me. To me, "sneaking up on a team" is where you end up totally punking another team (1) by a ton of points, and (2) where you're supposed to lose big.

Cincy snuck up on KC last season. That's about it.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Remember when the Cardinals took the Falcons too lightly because they didn't have Vick, Tony Martin or Jamaal Anderson and the temperature was 104 degrees and they were wearing black? Then we went out and got smoked 34-14 in front of 28,878 people?

"What happened with this thing is not only unacceptable, it's
embarrassing and it's embarrassing starting with me," McGinnis
said. "I'm not going to set all this on top of Jake Plummer. The
first guy I'm putting it on top of is David McGinnis."

Aahhhh, memories. That was one of the worst games ever.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I can't make you not be an idiot. To me, winning one game against a team that was stupid and losing another (both at home, where you're supposed to win), just not as badly as you expected hardly suggests damning evidence to me. To me, "sneaking up on a team" is where you end up totally punking another team (1) by a ton of points, and (2) where you're supposed to lose big.

Cincy snuck up on KC last season. That's about it.

They didnt sneak up though.

Everyone predicted the Bengals would win and M.Lewis used that game as a motivational tool and yardstick to measure the teams success.

I reember a solid month before the season commentators and experts were all predicting a Cincy win.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Remember when the Cardinals took the Falcons too lightly because they didn't have Vick, Tony Martin or Jamaal Anderson and the temperature was 104 degrees and they were wearing black? Then we went out and got smoked 34-14 in front of 28,878 people?

"What happened with this thing is not only unacceptable, it's
embarrassing and it's embarrassing starting with me," McGinnis
said. "I'm not going to set all this on top of Jake Plummer. The
first guy I'm putting it on top of is David McGinnis."

Aahhhh, memories. That was one of the worst games ever.

Wait, I think I was at that game. Didn't Anderson start that game, score like 2 TDs and run for 125 yards in the first quarter before he tore up his knee for the last time?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
They didnt sneak up though.

Everyone predicted the Bengals would win and M.Lewis used that game as a motivational tool and yardstick to measure the teams success.

I reember a solid month before the season commentators and experts were all predicting a Cincy win.

I remember that, too. I almost noted that caveat. It was like "The Bengals could sneak up and end the streak of the Chiefs" for like a solid month. It was the last sneaky sneak-up in history.

Arizona State gets snuck up on all the time, at their house and everything. It's sad.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Wait, I think I was at that game. Didn't Anderson start that game, score like 2 TDs and run for 125 yards in the first quarter before he tore up his knee for the last time?

He did tear up his knee but was only in the game maybe a dozen snaps. The backup (cant remember his name now might be out of the league) ran for like 130 yards a 2 scores.

By the way, speaking of McGinnis, did you know he has been in the league 18 years?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
He did tear up his knee but was only in the game maybe a dozen snaps. The backup (cant remember his name now might be out of the league) ran for like 130 yards a 2 scores.

By the way, speaking of McGinnis, did you know he has been in the league 18 years?

REALLY?!?!?!?! Tell me more...