Cards Hawks 2012 Game 1 Thread

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
Our defense is filthy. Love Ray Horton. Teams are going to have a tough time beating us in our building. We'll see how well the defense travels.

Big John has been excellent and shockingly the Oline has pass protected well.

Unfortunately we're getting nothing in the run game, but it never seems like we can run it vs these guys

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
first half impressions:

D is as good as they were at the end of last year. Got shafted by the refs on a few calls, but that'll even out over the season. They look sharp

Skelton looks freaking GOOD. Could still sharpen his accuracy a little, but he's making the plays. A little refinement and they could turn into big plays

We have blockers? Who knew? O-Line looks like an NFL unit for the first time in years

Williams' lost fumble was unfortunate. But the team circled the wagons and immediately overcame it. This looks like a team that has matured significantly

I think the D is way more aggressive than last year. I actually thought they were overly aggressive at times. They're going to get a lot of turnovers this year.

Agree with Skelton. He's playing as well as I would have hoped. Impressive so far.

I can't wait to go back and look at the taped game at the blocking. I'm as pleased as anyone. But they're giving them a lot of help with chipping and at times a RB and fullback helping to block. Something we've all said for years needed to be done--rather than going 5 wide every other play. I'm hopeful with the oline so far though, they are pushing the edge to the outside and in back of Skelton which is nice to see.

Agree about the maturity. Good stuff.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Let's have a nice word for the 'worst O-line in the history of the NFL".

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Going to need a running game Beanie, Williams before this is over. D has them in it and the OL is blocking. Need more of the same.....

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Our defense is filthy. Love Ray Horton. Teams are going to have a tough time beating us in our building. We'll see how well the defense travels.

Big John has been excellent and shockingly the Oline has pass protected well.

Unfortunately we're getting nothing in the run game, but it never seems like we can run it vs these guys
Seattle has one of the best run defenses in the NFL.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am not sure that our Defense is playing as well as some of you mentioned. We've had some missed sacks and some stupid penalties. Ob Scho & Acho have been silent and you combined that with playing a rookie QB, I think we have much to improve on.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Almost wish the D was out first here in the 2nd half......

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Some of their fans are the worst... so arrogant.

Seahawks fans took the 49ers fans mantle over the offseason. For some unknown reason over the offseason, they became convinced their team was elite at every position.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
P.s. What kind of RB platoon is this? Are they rotating quarters or something???!!!???

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I am not sure that our Defense is playing as well as some of you mentioned. We've had some missed sacks and some stupid penalties. Ob Scho & Acho have been silent and you combined that with playing a rookie QB, I think we have much to improve on.

They've played well against a so so offensive opponent, let's see them do it next week

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05