Cards Pussycats Game Thread 2008

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
If we go on to lose this game two particular culprits are James and Johnson. James dropped a perfectly executed screen pass and then fumbled at a critical time. Johnson's pass on the fake FG was atrocious and his botched hold on the failed PAT was ridiculous.

I think Whis is accountable for the failed fake. I mean, a punter is going to throw like...a punter. James is now a liability.

freebyrd

Reaction score
what a wasted opportunity up 17 to 3 and we blow it, how are the rams doing?:bang:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Whis is accountable for the failed fake. I mean, a punter is going to throw like...a punter....

I have to agree with you. It was too far to go to have Johnson throw to someone as slow as Tuman.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
That was quite the stop by Dansby there, cut under that lineman and lay the smackdown :)

Now just cause a turnover next time KD!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Whis is accountable for the failed fake. I mean, a punter is going to throw like...a punter. James is now a liability.

I have NO problems with the fake kick. We almost got the 1st. The problem wasn't on the punters throw...it was on the TE not picking up the first down.

Good, gutsy call. Just didn't pan out. I prefer a coach who takes chances, even if they fail.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a stop. Give me Warner and 2 minutes and down by 4 points any day of the week

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they left 4 points on the field today exactly what they are losing by enough with the freaking gadget plays game over Btw

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
At least the British are getting a good game this year. I felt bad that they ended up with that Giants-Fins snooze fest last season.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they left 4 points on the field today exactly what they ate losing by enough with the freaking gadget plays game over Btw

It isn't the gadget plays fault. It is the defense's fault for not tackling, and for not picking up a freaking extra point.

Really, even if we kicked the FG, we'd be down by one. We can't STOP them and get the ball back. Gadget plays are moot. We scored 23 points...if you can't win a game scoring 23 points, the first place to throw blame is NOT on the coach and "gadget plays." The defense stunk today.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I have NO problems with the fake kick. We almost got the 1st. The problem wasn't on the punters throw...it was on the TE not picking up the first down.

Good, gutsy call. Just didn't pan out. I prefer a coach who takes chances, even if they fail.

I really don't have a problem with the call either. It looked good from the start.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
It isn't the gadget plays fault. It is the defense's fault for not tackling, and for not picking up a freaking extra point.

Really, even if we kicked the FG, we'd be down by one. We can't STOP them and get the ball back. Gadget plays are moot. We scored 23 points...if you can't win a game scoring 23 points, the first place to throw blame is NOT on the coach and "gadget plays." The defense stunk today.

Yup. We couldn't tackle today and that is really what came back to kill us.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And there's the ball game. :rolleyes: The tacking is freaking ridiculous. Ugh.