Cards Pussycats Game Thread 2008

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Well, everyone complains when the fake FG fails, and everyone complains when our playcalling is too conservative. I think that was a decent time in the game to give it a shot. Next time, let's throw it to any offensive player who isn't named Tuman.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have them right were we want them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
terrible play call on the fake fg. why get cute? whis tries to get cute too often. when you're beating a team you don't need gimmicks, you need to keep piling on points. make it a two score game. a bad or bubble team needs gimmicks. this team should be beyond that.

and someone succintly pointed out it wasn't exactly an easily makeable distance. just too damn cute. this is football.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Love the playcall....with us getting the ball back at half, you put a TD up and its a completely different game. Too bad that was such a pansy throw.

I wonder if they had that play called for the first time a coach tried to freeze Rackers? Would have been great sticking it to John Fox by pulling it off. The throw was too lofted and Tuman too slow.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, everyone complains when the fake FG fails, and everyone complains when our playcalling is too conservative. I think that was a decent time in the game to give it a shot. Next time, let's throw it to any offensive player who isn't named Tuman.

I agree 100% with you. It also sends a message not to call a time out on a FG attempt.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
terrible play call on the fake fg. why get cute? whis tries to get cute too often. when you're beating a team you don't need gimmicks, you need to keep piling on points. make it a two score game. a bad or bubble team needs gimmicks. this team should be beyond that.

and someone succintly pointed out it wasn't exactly an easily makeable distance. just too damn cute. this is football.

YUP!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a road game, that was a damn good first half.

The FG fake was a bad mental error though. When they saw #30 back protecting against a fake, SOMEONE needed to call a timeout.

Still, we get the ball to start half #2. I would've taken any lead at half with the ball to start the second at 9:59 this morning.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good first half by the defense wish the offense was a little bit better.... :( we should have really kicked the fg to go up 13-3

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
having balls is great, but knowing when to pull 'em out and wave 'em around is more important. bad choice by whis.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
I wonder if they had that play called for the first time a coach tried to freeze Rackers? Would have been great sticking it to John Fox by pulling it off. The throw was too lofted and Tuman too slow.

Someone forgot to tell Tuman not to carry the piano on his back when he entered the game!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great defensive first half. The fake was I guess OK but only because our defense is playing so well.

The fake would've been great on the FIRST play, but not the second. On the second #30 was spying for a fake, you can't run it then when you need 16 yards for 1st. It was a blunder, but it might not cost us if the D keeps it up.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree great call, but bad personnel choice for that play.

I get the feeling that Whisenhunt doesn't trust Rackers much anymore. Am I the only one with that feeling?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
if Dirk Johnson didn't throw it like a 2 year old the fake FG would have been a TD. Tuman was wide open and had to wait for the ball.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No, the entire problem was running it against the wrong defense. #30 would've had to have his head completely up his ass for that to have worked.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
if Dirk Johnson didn't throw it like a 2 year old the fake FG would have been a TD. Tuman was wide open and had to wait for the ball.

Agreed. That was a weak pass. I still would much prefer being up by 10 versus 7 right now...gambling is fine but 4th and LONG?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not mind the call. I wished it would have progressed much faster.

I didn't mind the call either. But, the failure to call a timeout when they were in a prevent fake formation bothers me.

OP
OP
A

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
The throw was too slow... Tuman kept waiting and waiting... we got 10 out of it even with such a slow throw. Had it come couple of seconds earlier, we might have picked up at least a first down.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watch it again, horrible throw.

It was. But, can Tuman really run any faster? Jay Cutler or Brett Favre could've cannoned a throw in there and he wouldn't have made it to the marker.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would much rather disagree about a play that that one, than one at the end of the game that cost us the game like in Washington. Life feels pretty good right now.