Cards vs. Patriots game thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am saying its typically awful play. A 6 point half, less than 4 yards per attempt, are we really claiming this is good passing? Once again, our QBs suck, not just Kolb, but this effort is no better than the majority of our efforts by QB. Its not as awful as some games we have seen, but its certainly not good, or even average. He has played poorly this game. He cant convert a 3rd, he cant hit guys down field. Its been check down charlie.

I'll take it over him playing like he did vs Minnesota last year, but I am not going to claim its anything but poor play.

Take away the one throw to Welker and Brady has been even worse/

Missed Gronk for a TD, threw a pick, has just dumped the ball off etc.

Now I'm not saying Kolb is as good as Brady that's insanity, but both teams have some issues offensively that are hurting them.

NE's defense is pretty good, so is ours.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agree but once again Heap got overthrown for a sure TD. No matter who our QB is we simply can't hit a TE down the seam to save our lives...

Housler wouldve had the speed to get to it.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My concern is that I'm positive the Pats will score at least one touchdown and I don't know if we can.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall, I'd agree this is a fairly inept offense but it's not on Kolb. He's a part of the problem but it's bigger than him. Let's see some no huddle in the second half and maybe we can give our D a little breathing room.

Steve

I'm not putting anything on Kolb but I think if the Cardinals are going to rely on their defense to win this game they are mistaken. It's too much to ask. If Kolb cannot get the offense going and the Patriots score I think we will should see Lindley for better or worse. I hope I'm wrong and the Cardinals can get their offense going.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odds on an opening drive NE TD???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not putting anything on Kolb but I think if the Cardinals are going to rely on their defense to win this game they are mistaken. It's too much to ask. If Kolb cannot get the offense going and the Patriots score I think we will should see Lindley for better or worse. I hope I'm wrong and the Cardinals can get their offense going.

So you want to put a rookie in a tie game ?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:mulli:

Lindley.. Yea that's the ticket. NOT.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you want to put a rookie in a tie game ?

I'm just in agreement with Darkside's comment. If the Cardinals offense cannot get going and the Patriot's score a TD, then the Cardinals still need to think about winning.

My concern is that I'm positive the Pats will score at least one touchdown and I don't know if we can.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Kolb out passing Brady.. Booyah :)

Till that play.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take away the one throw to Welker and Brady has been even worse/

Missed Gronk for a TD, threw a pick, has just dumped the ball off etc.

Now I'm not saying Kolb is as good as Brady that's insanity, but both teams have some issues offensively that are hurting them.

NE's defense is pretty good, so is ours.

Fail to see why him having a bad game at the same time of the opposing QB having a bad game makes it commendable. Our D is shutting down a 3 time superbowl champ QB, and our offense is wasting the effort.

And our D is better than New England's.

I know the point you're trying to make but these comparisons are silly to me. Brady is a future hall of famer and a superstar who is having a bad game, obviously people are not going to look too much into it and they know he is a better player than what we're seeing. Kolb does not have that kind of background, for most of his career he has been a complete stiff, to see him our there being a stiff is hard to brush off and think that its fine because a guy with crazy amounts of success is also struggling. If Kolb ever has even a fraction of the success that Brady has had then people will gladly gloss over games like today, but he hasnt.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With all the comebacks we have had over the Whiz years I wouldnt call halftime adjustments a weakness.

However, we are going against the greatest coaching mind of his generation so I'd imagine our defense is going to see some adjustments from New England's O next half.

We will see.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05