Cards vs. Patriots game thread

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im no strnager to bashing this o line, but this o line has pass protected very well for the majority of the game.

First two drives yes. Whole 2nd qtr. no way.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No TDs for the Pats in the first half. I think not too many people would have expected that.

Nice half, defense.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly, the fumble sucked and missing the TD to Heap sucked but he's not losing the game singlehandedly which is what lots of us probably expected would happen.

This I will agree with. He has not single handedly killed us with a performance like the Minnesota game and I thought that was certainly a possibility going into the game.

But on the same note I did not expect our defense to lock down the Patriots. Its frustrating to see our inept offense wasting more good D.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im no strnager to bashing this o line, but this o line has pass protected very well for the majority of the game.

Let Shane do his own yard work. Come back inside and watch this line get manhandled.:)

Steve

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Chandler Jones has completely dominated Batiste... and Spikes completely made Sendlein miss on a great spin move that led to another scramble. Not saying Kolb has been amazing back there or anything, but I disagree that we've protected "very well".

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This I will agree with. He has not single handedly killed us with a performance like the Minnesota game and I thought that was certainly a possibility going into the game.

But on the same note I did not expect our defense to lock down the Patriots. Its frustrating to see our inept offense wasting more good D.

Overall, I'd agree this is a fairly inept offense but it's not on Kolb. He's a part of the problem but it's bigger than him. Let's see some no huddle in the second half and maybe we can give our D a little breathing room.

Steve

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really impressed with our Cards D. I think this is the best this unit has played for a complete half. First half couldn't have gone any better as far as I'm concerned, since I think most of us would agree that we weren't going to win a shootout.

Offensively, I still think this oline is putrid. Batiste is getting worked but none of them look good. Kolb in my opinion (fumble notwithstanding) is hanging tough in the pocket given what he has to work with. We have serious problems offensively though and I don't see a quick fix: teams can rush 4 or 5 and get penetration and drop everyone else in coverage and there's nothing we can do about it. Can't run, can't go deep (or even mid-range) because Kolb has no time.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall, I'd agree this is a fairly inept offense but it's not on Kolb. He's a part of the problem but it's bigger than him. Let's see some no huddle in the second half and maybe we can give our D a little breathing room.

Steve

Exactly

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? You're digging up Matty for your argument. How does this version of Kolb compare to 2011 Kolb or 2010 Anderson or 2010 Hall or 2010 Skelton or 2011 Skelton (until his final drive heroics)? It's far superior to any of those.

Steve

I am saying its typically awful play. A 6 point half, less than 4 yards per attempt, are we really claiming this is good passing? Once again, our QBs suck, not just Kolb, but this effort is no better than the majority of our efforts by QB. Its not as awful as some games we have seen, but its certainly not good, or even average. He has played poorly this game. He cant convert a 3rd, he cant hit guys down field. Its been check down charlie.

I'll take it over him playing like he did vs Minnesota last year, but I am not going to claim its anything but poor play.

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
10-7 is a "good ball game" but 6-6 is "completely boring"... Terry Bradshaw, ladies and gentlemen!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have to get the ball to Larry in the 2nd half.

The defense will really make a name for itself if they keep New England out of the endzone for another half.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Totally agree. Have to convert short fields into touchdowns because there's no way we can sustain long drives offensively.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need to break out the no huddle and make all those NE 260 lb LBers suck wind.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler Jones has completely dominated Batiste... and Spikes completely made Sendlein miss on a great spin move that led to another scramble. Not saying Kolb has been amazing back there or anything, but I disagree that we've protected "very well".

Its been good enough that we can specifically pin point the few break downs. 2 ugly protections with one sack in a half where we threw 15 times is more than acceptable.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D is up first in 2nd half. A major stop here and time to put up points in no huddle. NE is very dangerous and we need to step on their throat NOW

Sent via tapatalk

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Need to break out the no huddle and make all those NE 260 lb LBers suck wind.

Heaps been open all game because of those giant backers.

I think its Housler time. Would srsly break this game wide open.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Heaps been open all game because of those giant backers.

I think its Housler time. Would srsly break this game wide open.

Agree but once again Heap got overthrown for a sure TD. No matter who our QB is we simply can't hit a TE down the seam to save our lives...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is our downfall....halftime adjustments!...lets see if we are out coached.

With all the comebacks we have had over the Whiz years I wouldnt call halftime adjustments a weakness.

However, we are going against the greatest coaching mind of his generation so I'd imagine our defense is going to see some adjustments from New England's O next half.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D is up first in 2nd half. A major stop here and time to put up points in no huddle. NE is very dangerous and we need to step on their throat NOW

Sent via tapatalk

We get the ball first in the 2nd half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05