Crazy thought...don't make any trades

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Hey I am all for #2 as long as it doesn't involve trying to make the other person look bad or feel dumb.

Fair enough. Can you PM me a list of polite ways to say, "You have no idea what you're talking about"?

How about: "I disagree and here's why . . . "

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh...Eric is 100% correct.

This has completely run it's course. I am done.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I for one am sick of the **** on this board. I have been a Suns fan for years and know this team in and out. I have been here though the good times and the bad and this maybe the lowest the Suns have been in awhile, but since I know this orginzation I don't have to worry about being down for long. All you who have been here only since the Finals year can get lost if you don't think this team is any good or in major need of a change. This is a winning orginzaiton with players I can stand behind. Stop the bitching and lets talk about Basketball and stop making personal attacks!:soapbox:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Eric,

You really go for the throat when you don't agree with someone, to the point you trash their view entirely. I don't know if you intend that, but that is what I see.

However, I don't think the "sad self" comment was at all warranted.

As to me patrolling these boards, I am not going to be doing that. Heck I am not even moderating you now. I am simply saying that the person who owns this board would like all the boards on ASFN to not be a constant barrage of negativity.

If you can't handle that as a member...I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe it wasnt warranted but it was 10X better than this response of yours on a crazy stuff elsewhere thread....

you....

Was it equally worth responding like an cornholio?

WOW!

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pokerface said:
Maybe it wasnt warranted but it was 10X better than this response of yours on a crazy stuff elsewhere thread....

you....

Was it equally worth responding like an cornholio?

WOW!

LOL, To be honest I had tipped a few when I wrote that.

It wasn't right though. I can admit that. The negativity here has been bringing me down.

fordronken

Reaction score
SweetD said:
See look how well the ignore feature works I like. :thumbup:

Putting an ignore on Elindholm is one of the stupidest things I've seen someone do on this board in a long time.

An intelligent response and commentary that differs from mine! Run! Hide!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Putting an ignore on Elindholm is one of the stupidest things I've seen someone do on this board in a long time.

An intelligent response and commentary that differs from mine! Run! Hide!

Worked pretty good when I did it to you Ford. :D LOL j/k

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
LOL, To be honest I had tipped a few when I wrote that.

It wasn't right though. I can admit that. The negativity here has been bringing me down.

Actually I know where you were coming from on that. Someone else was being downed and you kinda jumped in there to defend...Like I was doing?? OOPS!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't mind people shooting down my ideas, as a matter of fact I expect it and get a laugh out of it.

The thing I've noticed though is that there are certain people who never stick there necks out they just sit and wait for someone else to take a chance so they can shoot them down.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I know I said I was done with this thread, but I just wanted to point out -- it has attracted a lot of posts! So if we're trying to discourage people from posting, we aren't doing a very good job. ;)

And thanks to sly fly and fordronken for their kind comments. (Edit: Oops, and Chaplin! :p ) There are a lot of people on this board I consider friends, even though I've never met them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
elindholm said:
And thanks to sly fly and fordronken for their kind comments. (Edit: Oops, and Chaplin! :p ) There are a lot of people on this board I consider friends, even though I've never met them.

Bastard! :D

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I can actually get this thread back to the original post! :D

Anyways, I must agree with what Chris posted because the Suns are building a solid nucleus with their current cast of players....

People tend to overlook how many transitions their roster went through.. with all those injuries and several trades....They were constantly in flex.....Even just prior to Scott Williams being traded, I distinctly remember him commenting on how everything suddenly became a 2nd "Exhibition Season" while they were already past the AllStar Break.....

Obviously, the Suns need a "go to guy" since it seemed several players were tentative during the waning minutes of close ballgames, that they would pass opposed to taking that final shot... Also, they're of course in need of an inside presence.....someone who is a prolific shot-blocker and rebounder, who also can be counted on in the low-post on the offensive end.... They better not add another perimeter type shooter since they have excess of them......

I just would be very hesitant to mortgage the future (Lampe, Vujanic, Johnson, etc) for just one player (unless other teams are willing to accept future 1st rounders).......

I honestly dont think that CJ and Little Jake would have any redeemable value in trades, but they're just role players who wont really improve over the long-term....

Marion, he's obviously not a #1 franchise caliber player and I believe as to why he did take a major setback last season was because he added all that bulk last offseason...That it affected his flexibility and range..... Perhaps he's since made the necessary adjustments to return back to his previous form.....

Barbosa and Zarko will only get better...... I hope Lampe has added some muscle during this offseason because he's the only player on the roster (besides Amare) that can be an absolute impact player on both sides of the ball.......

I just wonder what the '05 FA market is like? I just object when teams get into the spending mode just for the sake of it without rationalizing all the options they may have over a long-term basis.....

I do like McDyess, however, I bet the Suns will offer him only a 1-yr contract, but he'll immediately reject that.......

I apologize if I reiterated some points that have been discussed before... I plan on posting more on this forum since Ive become a diehard Suns fan....

I lurk this forum a lot and I've been impressed with the discussions and debates for the most part and how intelligent and well informed the posters are....

It's odd.....As many of you know, I grew-up in Detroit as an avid diehard Pistons fan and even was a fan of theirs up until a year ago.....Since though....my only interest in basketball are the Suns, to the extent that I didnt watch one minute of the NBA Play-Offs and didnt get excited whatsoever that the Pistons won....

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I use to post more often, when I had time! I have become more of a lurker the last year and a half or so. due to the fact that I didn't have the time to start or finish a debate in under a week, And my old mind doesn't remember like it use too. The only prob I had with some of the neg. was when some one else thought there opinion was the only one to have cuz it was there's, And dismissed anything else as some one who knew nothing. My grammer and spelling are probably the worst on this board, But I am huge suns fan and I apprieciate all the links and articles That all the people post. I use to read every post but now I tune out things like fantasy games and such since I don't partisipate (sp)? keep up the good debates I enjoy reading them and even have been swayed to change my mind (and thats hard to do) occationally :thumbup: :beer: :cheers:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
zett said:
I use to post more often, when I had time! I have become more of a lurker the last year and a half or so. due to the fact that I didn't have the time to start or finish a debate in under a week, And my old mind doesn't remember like it use too. The only prob I had with some of the neg. was when some one else thought there opinion was the only one to have cuz it was there's, And dismissed anything else as some one who knew nothing. My grammer and spelling are probably the worst on this board, But I am huge suns fan and I apprieciate all the links and articles That all the people post. I use to read every post but now I tune out things like fantasy games and such since I don't partisipate (sp)? keep up the good debates I enjoy reading them and even have been swayed to change my mind (and thats hard to do) occationally :thumbup: :beer: :cheers:

Zett, it's good to hear from you. It's too bad you don't have more time to post more often. You would also love the fantasy basketball leagues. They are a blast. I hope I was not that person you described. If so, apologize.

Joe Mama

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no Joe it wasn't you but my memory doesn't recall who it was. Its old news now and it's all good. Thanks anyways :thumbup:

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
zett said:
no Joe it wasn't you but my memory doesn't recall who it was. Its old news now and it's all good. Thanks anyways :thumbup:
Welcome back I am sure things are on the way back to normal.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was planning on making a post about the state of the Board in a new thread, but I don't know if I will bother now. The Board has really been going strong over the last couple of days. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been happy with it. This particular thread probably did help to get some feelings out in the open. Thanks to all who participated... I'm sorry I missed it.

Joe Mama