Crowd control

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Atlanta Falcons game has to have been on of the coolest experiences of my life. The crowd was 95% cardinal fans who were going to do everything it took to help our team on the field. I heard stadium wide chants that you usually only find in patches throughout. I am the standing guy and this game I actually sat down and just missed a play because noone EVER sat down the whole game. The electricity was amazing and the game was as good as I could ask for.

The reason for me starting a thread is I believe that is the last game we will have like that in a while. The Eagles travel better than Atlanta, it is the NFC championship game and many other reasons tell me that we wont be such a majority this week.

I am not expecting it to be as bad as the minnesota game but it very well could be. Walking into the minnesota game and seeing all of the minnesota fans almost outnumbering us I gave up...and so did the team.

anyway, i guess my only point is that a ton of eagles fans will be upon us this sunday. Be cool, stay out of fights as all they get you is arressted and cheer on your team no matter how outnumbered you are. A victory Sunday is the next step to keeping these opposing fans from overflooding our stadium.

I dont find the time to post here all the time anymore but i still do read here and there, much love to everyone and lets win this damn season

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a headache so bad during the game that I literally couldn't see the field from 6 rows up. I sat down for about 5 seconds before the group around me wouldn't let me sit.

It was an awesome experience. One that I will never forget.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did NOT nearly outnumber us

Nope, they almost outnumbered us on the visitor side. They were pretty loud as well.

They didn't outnumber us. It was about 65-35.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did NOT nearly outnumber us

ive never seen that many fans of an opposing team in the new stadium and ive been to every game.

Maybe they were louder and better than other fans

maybe the viks just handed it to us so we were dosile

either way, i worry we will see the same.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, they almost outnumbered us on the visitor side. They were pretty loud as well.

They didn't outnumber us. It was about 65-35.

ill never forget viking defenders raising their arms and the crowd getting loud like it was the home team on D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive never seen that many fans of an opposing team in the new stadium and ive been to every game.

Maybe they were louder and better than other fans

maybe the viks just handed it to us so we were dosile

either way, i worry we will see the same.

A lot of that comes into play. Throw in the fact that a lot of fans left early and all you could see on the visitors side was purple. The rest of the stadium was mostly red though and quiet because we were getting blown out.

I will agree that it was the most opposing fans wer have seen, except maybe the Pittsburgh game last year. Pittsburgh wasn't as loud though.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I just dont see that scenario for a few reasons:

If you could pick one region that supplied the majority of Maricopa County transplants -- it would be the upper midwest: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas, Chicago-

its why Bears / Packers and Vikings games will have rival the Cowboys for most fans

While clearly there are some eastern PA transplants, its pretty low on the list of regions AZ has sourced from.

It seems like when you get much east of the Mississippi -- folks have tended to move to Florida

I just dont see more than 10%

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had a headache so bad during the game that I literally couldn't see the field from 6 rows up. I sat down for about 5 seconds before the group around me wouldn't let me sit.

It was an awesome experience. One that I will never forget.

I paid $200 for a seat im not going to be allowed to sit in?:bang:......my wife is right, I am an idiot!.....lol

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see a very large chance of fights breaking out. Eagle fans will show up, for certain. But they also booked flights, hotels, and scalped tickets. Not a cheap outing.

There is no Arizona rivalry here from this Philly fan. I can name ten teams that would get more flack.

If you have tickets, I won't tell you to enjoy the game, as that runs counter to my desired outcome. But please do have fun at the event.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the way the media has portrayed the economy right now, hopefully the cheesteak industry is suffering and Philly fans wont have the funds to make the trip.

This is a positive to playing a team who is playing their 5th NFCCG in the last 10 years. Hopefully the fans have already burnt up their bank accounts the last 4 times. I mean really, I will be going to Tampa in two weeks as I know many of you will. But would our wives let us make that trip every other year? I will be honest and say I am not sure I would be able to it 5 times over a ten year span.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see a very large chance of fights breaking out. Eagle fans will show up, for certain. But they also booked flights, hotels, and scalped tickets. Not a cheap outing.

There is no Arizona rivalry here from this Philly fan. I can name ten teams that would get more flack.

If you have tickets, I won't tell you to enjoy the game, as that runs counter to my desired outcome. But please do have fun at the event.
I agree there wont be many fights but I disagree that there is no rivalry here. Maybe it has a lot to do with me living in Md, but I still have loads of hate for the Eagles dating back to our days in the NFCE. I respect you guys and McNabb is one of only three non-Cards jerseys I have ever owned (I am a Syracuse guy and the other two were Seau and Neil O'Donnell when I was very young). Reid is a great coach and I love the way Dawkins plays. With that said, I hope you guys choke like dying dogs pout there Sunday. :thumbup:

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I agree there wont be many fights but I disagree that there is no rivalry here. Maybe it has a lot to do with me living in Md, but I still have loads of hate for the Eagles dating back to our days in the NFCE. I respect you guys and McNabb is one of only three non-Cards jerseys I have ever owned (I am a Syracuse guy and the other two were Seau and Neil O'Donnell when I was very young). Reid is a great coach and I love the way Dawkins plays. With that said, I hope you guys choke like dying dogs pout there Sunday. :thumbup:

Maybe for some longterm fans, sure. You sound like you have more personal investment in it. But for the most part we hate the current NFC East with a passion, followed by some of the NFC powerhouses. The NFC West doesn't come into discussion too much.

The Cards had a solid year so far but once you clinched your (terrible, let's be fair) division so early I didn't hear about them too much in the media.

Back in the day...there were certainly some good Eagles/Cards games. Especially postseason.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
FWIW:

per a business associate who lives in Philly-

the fans that have the money to travel to see the team are saving their money for Tampa

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the crowd being any more than 10% eagles fans, and I wonder if it will even be that high.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see the crowd being any more than 10% eagles fans, and I wonder if it will even be that high.

I say about 15%... Is my guess.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Here's hoping that some of the 1.239 million Cowboy fans in the Valley bought tickets to go and root against the Eagles. I know almost everyone here in Texas I talk to wants the Cards to win. Mainly for that reason.

Wouldn't that be a riot. 5,000 fans in Aikman and ESmith jerseys yelling for the Cards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see 10-15 percent Eagles fans. Doesn't matter. They'll be awfully quiet once we take a 14-0 lead in the first 10 minutes. Then, the remaining 85-90% (or our usual amount of fans - 63K) will be in a frenzy and no one will be able to hear themselves think at that point.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see 10-15 percent Eagles fans. Doesn't matter. They'll be awfully quiet once we take a 14-0 lead in the first 10 minutes. Then, the remaining 85-90% (or our usual amount of fans - 63K) will be in a frenzy and no one will be able to hear themselves think at that point.

a quick start would end it all even if we were 50/50

goeagles412

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, don't waste your time. I know you're excited about hosting an NFCCG, and understandably so, but the crowd plays absolutely NO role in the Eagles' game whatsoever. I couldn't name you one time in the past 10 years that I thought the crowd was starting to get to McNabb. Even if it was just for a play. You never see instances of crowd-induced false-starts or timeouts. They've already won in the Metrodome, and that I doubt Arizona gets much louder than that. Believe me when I tell you that the crowd will play no role in this game.

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guys, don't waste your time. I know you're excited about hosting an NFCCG, and understandably so, but the crowd plays absolutely NO role in the Eagles' game whatsoever. I couldn't name you one time in the past 10 years that I thought the crowd was starting to get to McNabb. Even if it was just for a play. You never see instances of crowd-induced false-starts or timeouts. They've already won in the Metrodome, and that I doubt Arizona gets much louder than that. Believe me when I tell you that the crowd will play no role in this game.

It will play a role for the Cardinals defense, that's for sure. They feed off the crowd noise.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL. Ok.

You have no idea. That's ok though, there's no reason why you should have any clue how enormous the sound in that building can be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05