Culpepper to Cardinals??

AzWins23

Reaction score
I just saw it on NFL countdown...maybe after the season...Did anyone else see that? Christ Mortonson reported it...i just caught the end of it

chickenhead

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be a rumor as long as Green is searching for a QB and Minnesota is inconsistent. It's intriguing, but he's expensive. Still, wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
I would be SHOCKED, if Bidwill ponies up that kind of cash for a player, any player.

It the kind of move that could actually sell tickets IMO. :shrug:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The dude is just lost.

If you saw the Fox bit Jimmy Johnson just did it was brutal and it annihilated the guy.

He did mention all the problems that caused it but wow. He's not handling it well.

I could see it happening though because he has demonstrated potential and if we can find a true deep threat and a run game he'd be a good fit.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
The dude is just lost.

If you saw the Fox bit Jimmy Johnson just did it was brutal and it annihilated the guy.

He did mention all the problems that caused it but wow. He's not handling it well.

I could see it happening though because he has demonstrated potential and if we can find a true deep threat and a run game he'd be a good fit.

Perfect kind of reclamation project for Denny.

But is Culpepper that much better than Josh?

Josh will mature over the next few years, and that means fewer dork tendencies which people find diffucult to stomach.

By the time Josh is 30, if he stay's healthy, he'll calm down and be a big time QB. He'll be mature enough to earn the respect of his teammates.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

Agreed.

Culpepper with out Moss is like Butter without bread.....what ever that means.

:shrug:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

Josh will mature over the next few years, and that means fewer dork tendencies which people find diffucult to stomach.

By the time Josh is 30, if he stay's healthy, he'll calm down and be a big time QB. He'll be mature enough to earn the respect of his teammates.

I think we should get Ryan Leaf. He is better than Josh and Dante. And by the time he hits 30 will be a pro bowl player year in and year out.

Since we are talking fantasy I thought Id throw mine in. :D

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

:shrug: Guys please step out of the cardinals bubble please.....

With or with out Moss (and the more important loss for Daunte was Linehan if you watch the Vikings play calling) Daunte is MUCH better.....no question about it....

his poor play stems from the embarrasing coaching the Vikings currently have...

and if you doubt what im saying call anyone who knows the NFL who ISN't a Cardinal fan.....

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Are we serious? Culpepper is better than any QB who has sniffed a Cardinal Uniform in a LONG time. I know, he is playing badly. Let's see, they have no running game, a bad line who lost one starter and lost their best one to injury, and traded away their best WR. He'd be an upgrade for sure.

However, it will never happen :D

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I make no judegments on the subject, you sure seem to give a lot of excuses for Culpepper. Most of which applies to the Cardinals equally well.

I guess it comes down to simple perceptions. You believe we suck and they don't just because we are the Cardinals.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

:biglaugh:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
nidan said:
While I make no judegments on the subject, you sure seem to give a lot of excuses for Culpepper. Most of which applies to the Cardinals equally well.

I guess it comes down to simple perceptions. You believe we suck and they don't just because we are the Cardinals.

Have you been in a cave every NFL season prior to this one...? He is still an 4 time Pro Bowl QB. No doubt losing Randy, Linehan, and even Matt Birk has hurt but Tice is an absolute idiot. Amazingly he is a worse coach than Martz. Who would have thunk it possible....?

Comparing Josh McCown to Daunte is the kind of things drunk Cards fans at Maloneys on University do after one to many pitchers.........

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Whats so funny about that?

Culpepper will not be a Cardinal. EVER!

:thumbup: Thank you God.....who knew you had time to post on a message board:rolleyes:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Whats so funny about that?

Culpepper will not be a Cardinal. EVER!

It's funny because it has nothing to do with C-Pep, and just the over-active glands of a serious Josh fan.

Josh is NOT Brett Favre. He may be the best QB on this roster, but PLEASE people, let's not get carried away. C-Pep is a MONSTER improvement over Joshua Christ Superstar.

See, this is the kind of garbage that makes me seethe over Josh fans. Sure, he's had some good games and I've given him his props, but when people start downing JoshAid so heavily that they'd rather have him over a proven QB like Daunte and actually try to make arguments that back up their misguided point of view that I *almost* wish failure for the guy...not for him, nor the team, but for his fans. It's like if a Suns fan said that Casey Jacobsen is the next coming of Larry Bird...and as much as I hate LB and the Celtics, the blasphemy of that statement should speak for itself.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
:thumbup: Thank you God.....who knew you had time to post on a message board:rolleyes:

Your welcome! The next time you refer to me as god you may want to end it with :notworthy instead of :rolleyes:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
It's funny because it has nothing to do with C-Pep, and just the over-active glands of a serious Josh fan.

Josh is NOT Brett Favre. He may be the best QB on this roster, but PLEASE people, let's not get carried away. C-Pep is a MONSTER improvement over Joshua Christ Superstar.

See, this is the kind of garbage that makes me seethe over Josh fans. Sure, he's had some good games and I've given him his props, but when people start downing JoshAid so heavily that they'd rather have him over a proven QB like Daunte and actually try to make arguments that back up their misguided point of view that I *almost* wish failure for the guy...not for him, nor the team, but for his fans. It's like if a Suns fan said that Casey Jacobsen is the next coming of Larry Bird...and as much as I hate LB and the Celtics, the blasphemy of that statement should speak for itself.

Thank you..:thumbup:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

Where in the quote that he was laughing at did the guy say McCown would be a better Qb than Culpepper? I certainly dont see it. So your rant makes no sense. :shrug:

All he did was ask the question.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Oh my...where's my hari kari knife when it's REALLY needed?!?!?

:biglaugh:

LOL, that made me belly-laugh D Dogg!

Okay! Okay guys. I was just throwing the comparison out there.

We'll arange for the Dante's arival in AZ as soon as possible! :notworthy

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:

You're right D-Dogg.

But let me defend the comparison a little. :D

C-pep has been in the league for a while and has stunk it up pretty good this year. Is it possible that he's going downhill? Still, he would command huge dollars to come to AZ.

Meanwhile, McCown may have turned a corner this year. We all agree that he's got the tools, and, he's lit it up the last couple of games. He would be a relatively cheap "franchise QB" option. We need to spend dollars elsewhere because we've got other holes to fill.

What I should have said, in my first post, was:

"are we sure that Dante would be a better 06' option than McCown?"

If that's still laughable, (and after watching Dante a little on the ticket today it could be, now that he's healthy, he's coming around to his old form). Then I apologize.

Edit: C-pep's qb rating before the GB game was 62.something. Yeah, he's had a bad knee, but come on. Gee whiz guys. 4 TDs and 12 Ints

Last edited:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:

In a word Y E S

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Culpepper signed a large contract extension in the off season. He is not going to be traded as I believe the Vikes would take a big time salary hit and the existing contract would also be much more than the Cards have ever paid.
Bottom line is I don't see this happening.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if it happened. The Cardinals need a superstar to showcase as they move into a new stadium.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05