Culpepper to Cardinals??

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
You're right D-Dogg.

But let me defend the comparison a little. :D

C-pep has been in the league for a while and has stunk it up pretty good this year. Is it possible that he's going downhill? Still, he would command huge dollars to come to AZ.

Meanwhile, McCown may have turned a corner this year. We all agree that he's got the tools, and, he's lit it up the last couple of games. He would be a relatively cheap "franchise QB" option. We need to spend dollars elsewhere because we've got other holes to fill.

What I should have said, in my first post, was:

"are we sure that Dante would be a better 06' option than McCown?"

If that's still laughable, (and after watching Dante a little on the ticket today it could be, now that he's healthy, he's coming around to his old form). Then I apologize.

Edit: C-pep's qb rating before the GB game was 62.something. Yeah, he's had a bad knee, but come on. Gee whiz guys. 4 TDs and 12 Ints

Putting money into the equation, I'm with you. On pure talent I don't think there's a question. But dollar for dollar what you get I could be persuaded that Josh is a better option, but only New Josh, not Old Josh that was on display today. :D

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Duante Culpepper to be traded to AZ Cards?

Daunte to inferno?

ESPN reporter Chris Mortensen said Culpepper may wind up in the desert heat with the Arizona Cardinals in 2006, reuniting with his former coach.

"As far as the Cardinals long-term future, said team sources, don't be surprised if ex-Viking coach Dennis Green makes a play for Daunte Culpepper in the off-season trade market," Mortensen said. "Culpepper's season on and off the field has been in a downward spiral. Even though new Vikings owner Zygi Wilf at this point is unlikely to declare Culpepper as expendable." League sources say the Vikes should have $30 million in salary cap space in '06 to do a significant housecleaning."

FWIW. Just thought I'd post this and see what you guys think. ;)

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Culpepper with our WRs............:thumbup:

I don't know what we offer in a trade, but we should definitely explore this.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Culpepper with our WRs............:thumbup:

I don't know what we offer in a trade, but we should definitely explore this.

McCown and Warner, just what the team needs to get their image squeaky clean.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yuma said:
FWIW. Just thought I'd post this and see what you guys think. ;)

He is 29 so has some good years left. Green seems to like people he has coached and who are from MN (the good old days). Daunte is having an off year and the Vikes just might be in the mood to trade. If we could get him with out giving up our few good starters I would do a deal which would probably have to include a 1st round pick.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
daunte is talented ... but dumb as a brick ... good enough to win some games single handedly, but stupid enough to lose just as many .... i can't see him ever winning a superbowl, just because I don't think he can string together 3 great games against top flight competition and pressure

but all told, pending what the cards would give up, a potentially strong move

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
john h said:
Daunte is having an off year and the Vikes just might be in the mood to trade.

That, his contract, new coach, fire sale, ect. just might lower his trade value, and could probably get away with getting him without trading our 1st rounder IMO. We shall see. I see some crazy things happening this next offseason.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I would take Duante Culpepper in a NY minute! :eek:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad DG never drafts 1st round QBs like Culpepper, he's had a pretty good career so far....

chickenhead

Reaction score
Last year during Moss' absence, Burleson had almost 300 yards and four TDs (plus over 130 yards in the game Moss left before halftime). He was the Vikings' most productive receiver for the season. I haven't watched enough of the Vikings this year to really know what the problem is with Culpepper (and Burleson, for that matter), but it's got to be more than Moss' absence. Moss wasn't being double-teamed on the sidelines last year.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we don't have a shot at Lienhart, I think I like the idea of trading for Culpepper and taking Fergeson.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
I don't want Culpepper. Other than that I am indifferent.

I concur.

Why can't we get a young, super QB on this team? I am tired of all the has beens.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I concur.

Why can't we get a young, super QB on this team? I am tired of all the has beens.

:thumbup:

c. Ernie Accorsi, you made a heck of a trade to get Eli Manning.

per Peter King in MMQB...

This same quote needs to be said about Green/Graves after we get Culpepper/Lienert (my number one choice)/Rivers...

All together now....."No more retread QB's"

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Savage58 said:
I would be SHOCKED, if Bidwill ponies up that kind of cash for a player, any player.

It the kind of move that could actually sell tickets IMO. :shrug:

I believe in anything now. Rumors are out the Tribune may consider selling the Cubs. The Tribune stock is down about 20% and they are considering getting back to their core business. Bring on some zillionaire like Steinbrenner to buy the Cubs and our payroll will go from $100 mil to $200 mil. Move over Yankees and Boston. Estimated value of Cubs $550-$600 mil.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Perfect kind of reclamation project for Denny.

But is Culpepper that much better than Josh?

Josh will mature over the next few years, and that means fewer dork tendencies which people find diffucult to stomach.

By the time Josh is 30, if he stay's healthy, he'll calm down and be a big time QB. He'll be mature enough to earn the respect of his teammates.

Cullpepper has proven he can be big time. He is only 29. Josh is not in his league.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
john h said:
I believe in anything now. Rumors are out the Tribune may consider selling the Cubs. The Tribune stock is down about 20% and they are considering getting back to their core business. Bring on some zillionaire like Steinbrenner to buy the Cubs and our payroll will go from $100 mil to $200 mil. Move over Yankees and Boston. Estimated value of Cubs $550-$600 mil.

The Cubs? man that came out of left field! :p

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
vince56 said:
The Cubs? man that came out of left field! :p

Saw it on a major Rumor Board and two different blogs. It is a fact the Tribune stock is down significantly and the Tribune is very much a profit oriented company. Still sounds stupid unless they need the cash as the Cubs are a sell out every game, sell tons of stufff, own their stadium, and all games are TV sold. They make big money. Never thought I would hear this but the Tribune has not said anything. Maybe that crazy guy who owns the Skins would buy them. He seems to have more money than he needs.

the wild cards

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Pioneer Press columnist Charley Walters believes " the Vikings could obtain San Diego QB Philip Rivers with a high 2006 first-round draft pick. Trading their current QB, Daunte Culpepper, to Arizona just may get them the bargaining chip they're looking for."

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Although I really don't see Culpepper being traded to the Cardinals, if he was it would be an awesome move for the Cardinals. He would have 30+ TDs every year with receivers like Boldin and Fitzgerald. However, it would costs us at least our number one pick and probably more.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
the wild cards said:
Pioneer Press columnist Charley Walters believes " the Vikings could obtain San Diego QB Philip Rivers with a high 2006 first-round draft pick. Trading their current QB, Daunte Culpepper, to Arizona just may get them the bargaining chip they're looking for."
I saw this today. Not sure if I ever heard of Minnesota wanting Rivers before this. However, the draft looks pretty weak at QB after Leinart is gone. I think if AZ got Culpepper, probably the best vet available this next off season, and if they drafted a couple pass protectors in the next draft, or via free agency, then with the receivers you have, it would be one hard offense to stop. I think the OL is the only thing holding back AZ right now, then arguably a better QB. That would open the run game up with people trying to stop all the twenty yard passes. :D

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the wild cards said:

What does that say? We pick up scraps while another team gets a young 1st round QB? Maybe we should skip the middleman and trade our 1st for Rivers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05