Cut Rackers

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
kickers go through this stuff sometimes. he can have 1 more chance and then if he f's up, hes gone before the game ends.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Two weeks in a row. He has cost us 1 game and a chance to win one in overtime. He missed two field goals tonight and 2 against the chiefs (I think).

He missed 3 tonight ... 2 from 50+ and then that one from 40 to had a chance to win the game

His kickoffs aren't even that good anymore

He's toast

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
Granted Rackers screwed the pooch tonight, but it never should have come down to him. If we can't score TD's with all the opportunities we had tonight, we are setting ourselves up for the loss.

This team has proven time and again that they are not willing or able (I don't know which) to step on an opponents neck and end the ****ing game.

Until we get some killer instinct and play 4 full quarters, we will be the same old Cards.

I hope like Hell DG can get this team together for Sunday. Right now I see that game as a big, fat "L".

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Two weeks in a row. He has cost us 1 game and a chance to win one in overtime. He missed two field goals tonight and 2 against the chiefs (I think).

Rackers may have "technically" cost us the game...but the real reason we lost these two games is our inability to run the ball down the stretch!\

Throw to score, but run to win!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If you cannot rely on your kicker to make it from 30 yards out to win the game then what is the point of paying him millions of dollars.

He should be cut. No other kicker would be given this much room for error.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If you cannot rely on your kicker to make it from 30 yards out to win the game then what is the point of paying him millions of dollars.

He should be cut. No other kicker would be given this much room for error.

He needs to be cut, he needs another team because he's dead to me and the team now.

Oh and players single bar crap isn't funny anymore or his lame punts, cut him and pickup the kid NOW!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Granted Rackers screwed the pooch tonight, but it never should have come down to him. If we can't score TD's with all the opportunities we had tonight, we are setting ourselves up for the loss.

BS. He soaked in all the adulation of last season and signed a big damn extension. You want to be a big time kicker, you come through in the clutch, who the hell cares how he got there.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
I totally agree AJ, but if the guy just cost us a game last week, I sure as hell don't want to rely on him for the win. We need to take care of business and finish in the 4th quarter. Rackers is obviously off his game. I'd give him one more game and if he continues to suck, fire his ass. But, we all know the Bidwills won't do that if it costs them money.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He should be cut, and Denny should be fired. Dennis Green/ Rowen played prevent offense from the second quarter on. I remember telling my pa that all we needed was another 7 and the game was over, at the half. The play calling was as bad as when Buddy Ball proclaimed to the world that we would run on 1st and 2nd, then pass on 3rd. He is holding the team back and should be canned right now.

Rackers lost 2 straight games. His kickoffs were at the 5. He should be gone by midnight tonight. I don't give a crap about his great non-pressure kicks last year.

Edge is in slow-mo. I don't care about the Colts. He was a product of the system. He has no breakaway speed. We would be better off with JJ as sad as that sounds. The Colts were dead on letting him go. He is a piece of ****.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree when a kicker loses his nerve it's over. Kickers get cut in the NFL all the time for this, remember in 98 we replaced Butthead with Jacke for that very reason.

God this was bad we're 2-4 with 2 easy wins in a row lined up if they just hold the damn lead.

Reaction score
I also am not happy with Rackers at the moment. But rather than just bitch about his performance, I am wondering what is it that has caused the shift from last seasons "sure thing".

Is it simply confidence, since he missed some kicks that weren't under the smoothest circumstances early in the season? Could he have an injury that he is hiding? (Didn't Racker's get the job with Arizona due to injury to the previous kicker? The guy he "subbed" for never got another shot...) Could there be something amiss in the snap and or hold?

Understand I am not making excuses for Rackers. I just don't understand how a guy that was "money in the bank" last year keeps blowing it this year.

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I also am not happy with Rackers at the moment. But rather than just bitch about his performance, I am wondering what is it that has caused the shift from last seasons "sure thing".

Is it simply confidence, since he missed some kicks that weren't under the smoothest circumstances early in the season? Could he have an injury that he is hiding? (Didn't Racker's get the job with Arizona due to injury to the previous kicker? The guy he "subbed" for never got another shot...) Could there be something amiss in the snap and or hold?

Understand I am not making excuses for Rackers. I just don't understand how a guy that was "money in the bank" last year keeps blowing it this year.

Who the hell cares. If you can't do your job, you should be fired.

DaCards

I Heart the Cardinals!!
Reaction score
Rackers has 1 job....kick! We can hire someone a lot less expensive to miss 2 game winning FG's!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All I know is that in sec. 112 there are three or four dudes with red t-shirts who write "Rackers Crew" and stuff like "I party with Neil" on them with sharpies. I don't like it, makes he wonder if he's screwing around too much and that's how his head got messed up.

And, messed up he is. He missed right against KC and missed left against the Bears. A sure sign that he's not confident.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Totally agree when a kicker loses his nerve it's over. Kickers get cut in the NFL all the time for this, remember in 98 we replaced Butthead with Jacke for that very reason.

God this was bad we're 2-4 with 2 easy wins in a row lined up if they just hold the damn lead.

You are right about kickers losing it, but we replaced an injured Nedney with Jacke. Rackers should be cut tomorrow. Bring in that clown who always replaced Rackers when he got hurt last year or bring in Mia Hamm or Brandy Chastain. I don't care who they bring in, just cut him. Sign anyone.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
... Could he have an injury that he is hiding? (Didn't Racker's get the job with Arizona due to injury to the previous kicker? The guy he "subbed" for never got another shot...) Could there be something amiss in the snap and or hold?

I have noticed that his kickoffs have been nowhere near as long as they were last year. Way too many around the 5 yard line this year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I have noticed that his kickoffs have been nowhere near as long as they were last year. Way too many around the 5 yard line this year.

Maybe we should cut Player first as a sacrifice, I'm ok with that before we throw Rackers under the bus.

If it dosen't work then Rackers goes off at the next stop, sound good?

OP
OP
HeavyB3

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Maybe we should cut Player first as a sacrifice, I'm ok with that before we throw Rackers under the bus.

If it dosen't work then Rackers goes off at the next stop, sound good?

That doesn't even make any sense. Player didn't kick the damn ball. There was nothing wrong with the hold. This isn't a "laces out" situation. This is a f@#^ up choke situation.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone else think that if Player had a real face mask he would have stuck his head in there on that lame excuse for a tackle? That's twice this year that punts have been run back that he's made a sorry attempt at stopping the returner with a lunge arm tackle, just trying to trip them up instead of trying to tackle them.

And his punts have been atrocious.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
That doesn't even make any sense. Player didn't kick the damn ball. There was nothing wrong with the hold. This isn't a "laces out" situation. This is a f@#^ up choke situation.

I'm speaking only of the fact that I hated Player getting face time with that stupid one bar and to me he's the face of our losing, that kinda dip... dufus stuff that has to go.

I realize he had nothing to do with the miss.

Again, cut him as a sacrifice and then cut Rackers if it dosen't work.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
BS. He soaked in all the adulation of last season and signed a big damn extension. You want to be a big time kicker, you come through in the clutch, who the hell cares how he got there.

Exactly. It shouldn't have come down to him but it did. And he blew it. I'm sure he feels terrible, and I pity him, but he is a professional and when a professional can't get the job done--he loses it.

Clutch kickers matter. Anyone think Tom Brady would have all those rings were it not for Adam Vinatieri? I don't.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05