Dallas @ Phoenix - Game Thread - Sunday April 1, 2007 - 12:30PM (3:30PM ET) ABC

sandeepgm

Reaction score
Suns start strong, take the lead. dallas comes back late in the game to win. Dirk 35.

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
Nash takes over in fourth, Suns win. Also beat Spurs but lose to a couple of mediocre teams in the meanwhile. Maintain second seed. Dirk wins MVP.

Suns astonish critics during playoffs, run all the way to WCF where they beat the Mavs in 7. Go on to beat Eastern foe in 5 or 6. Suns Dynasty begins.

Mark Cuban has a nervous breakdown but regains hope after the enormous success of Loose Change Final Cut, the 911 truth documentary his film studio is bankrolling.

Nash wins 3rd MVP the following season.

:thumbup:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Nash takes over in fourth, Suns win. Also beat Spurs but lose to a couple of mediocre teams in the meanwhile. Maintain second seed. Dirk wins MVP.

Suns astonish critics during playoffs, run all the way to WCF where they beat the Mavs in 7. Go on to beat Eastern foe in 5 or 6. Suns Dynasty begins.

Mark Cuban has a nervous breakdown but regains hope after the enormous success of Loose Change Final Cut, the 911 truth documentary his film studio is bankrolling.

Nash wins 3rd MVP the following season.

:thumbup:
funny. it could also be argued that the suns will go to 7 games in the first round. then sputter out against the spurs in the 2nd. of corse the mavs could go all the way and lose to the heat in the finals. If history repeats itself, that's the fate of the suns and mavs both.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of LB starting today, however, I like D'Antoni's willingness to keep adjusting his lineup heading into the playoffs. IMO, it shows that the Suns are more focused on team chemistry than just winning individual games. I would rather SA pass the Suns (realizing the consequences) than have the Suns rotation not settled going into the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Suns have the easier path.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for excuses if the Suns should lose to Dallas. I'm just looking at the big picture. If the Suns are to become an NBA Champion they should be able to beat all the NBA teams standing in their path in the playoffs. I'm willing to let water settle where it may although I'm hoping the Suns are the last team standing when the playoffs are over.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of LB starting today, however, I like D'Antoni's willingness to keep adjusting his lineup heading into the playoffs. IMO, it shows that the Suns are more focused on team chemistry than just winning individual games. I would rather SA pass the Suns (realizing the consequences) than have the Suns rotation not settled going into the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Suns have the easier path.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for excuses if the Suns should lose to Dallas. I'm just looking at the big picture. If the Suns are to become an NBA Champion they should be able to beat all the NBA teams standing in their path in the playoffs. I'm willing to let water settle where it may although I'm hoping the Suns are the last team standing when the playoffs are over.
I think it's a good move. It will be interesting to see how avery starts the game. He's been starting harris/terry, but he will change his lineup depending upon the team he is facing. My guess is he will want to start harris on barbosa or nash.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
7-8 3 pointers and most wide open looks... I hope these are at least somewhat contested in the 2nd half. These have kept Mavs in the game.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
7-8 3 pointers and most wide open looks... I hope these are at least somewhat contested in the 2nd half. These have kept Mavs in the game.
yeah. the mavs not having any advantage in rebounding. I don't know why dampier isn't playing. I guess avery gave him the day off.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
yeah. the mavs not having any advantage in rebounding. I don't know why dampier isn't playing. I guess avery gave him the day off.
Avery playing mind games with Suns... "yeah, you guys won, but we did not have Dampier playing." ;)

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Avery playing mind games with Suns... "yeah, you guys won, but we did not have Dampier playing." ;)
I think even Dallas knows that would be a lame excuse. If Dampier is their difference maker, then they have bigger issues...

EDIT: Now Dirk on the other hand....

Looks like he tweaked the ankle again.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think even Dallas knows that would be a lame excuse. If Dampier is their difference maker, then they have bigger issues...

EDIT: Now Dirk on the other hand....

Looks like he tweaked the ankle again.
okay tell that to your raja bell can be the difference between an nba title buddies.
it's not a valid excuse. if he's not playing.....he's not playing. either way the mavs are getting outplayed.....that's why they are losing.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
How good has Marion been!? Nice dish to Amare for the slam then the drive. Nice. Everything going right. Everyone playing well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I will concede this one. Great game for phoenix. dallas got worked today.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
man great game by the suns playing some defense, diaw even hitting shots and nash just doing his thing great great win :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dirk has turned into quite the crybaby over the years

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL wow james jones cant even miss this is great and now diaw with a 3 wow...

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
okay tell that to your raja bell can be the difference between an nba title buddies.
it's not a valid excuse. if he's not playing.....he's not playing. either way the mavs are getting outplayed.....that's why they are losing.

Lorenzo... agree with the "Raja Bell is the reason we lost..." However, let's not act like Dampier and Raja are comparible examples. Raja was one of our best players in the post-season last year... on a team that had very few options due to injuries.

However, Damp did own the offensive glass a couple of weeks ago, and his absence is a significant reason why the Suns scored so much in the paint today.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I am stunned....we just annihalated the best team in the league!!! AMAZING!!

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Are we going to get back on the rollercoaster now? I mean, last week our season was all but over.....

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cuban is saying they "ran up the score"

What a weisel

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The last Dallas game had a little more excitement, but for sure this performance from opening tip to the end of the game was a much better game for us. We played like a team favored to win a championship today.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was a ridiculously impressive performance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05