Deal going down....VERY SOON

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
IF the Suns are dealing Amare, it better be for at least this and nowhere near the garbage of the supposed Cavs deal.

AND for those of you who don't think Amare would sign an extension in Chicago, are fooling yourselves.....he'd be closer to his "homes" (Florida and Memphis) than he would here or Cleveland and has ALWAYS stated the fact that he'd love to play there..

Just curious, but what map are you looking at where Chicago is closer to Florida than Cleveland? Haven't followed his career enough to know if he's ALWAYS wanted to play in Chicago, but if that's the case then there you have it.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
man you guys are treating this poor messanger like dog poop. give him a break, its not like he pulled the Cleavland trade from his ass. As we all know sarvers #1 goal is to cut salary, and by the looks of it this proposed trade is right up his alley.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Just curious, but what map are you looking at where Chicago is closer to Florida than Cleveland? Haven't followed his career enough to know if he's ALWAYS wanted to play in Chicago, but if that's the case then there you have it.
yea he likes chicago for sure. he has pics chicago cubs jerseys on and grew up a fan of the bulls.

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
Thomas has put together a very good string of games that would be good enough to be a borderline star already if he keeps it going.

Based on this logic Charlie Villanueva should also be a star already based on his play since january (20+ ppg 7 boards and 3 ast)

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
yea he likes chicago for sure. he has pics chicago cubs jerseys on and grew up a fan of the bulls.

Haha not sure if this was intended, but that's quite the ironic comment to make to a cavs fan with all the Lebron in a Yankees or Cowboys hat drama.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Look, you may get Amare for your garbage, and if you do, consider it a gift from god. Just stop pissing in our faces about it.

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
Haha not sure if this was intended, but that's quite the ironic comment to make to a cavs fan with all the Lebron in a Yankees or Cowboys hat drama.
Yea wasn't intended but it is ironic. Lebron is different though if anything happens its his decision Amar'e.. not so much. I'm sure he would be in NY already if it was up to him.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt anyone has watched jj hickson THAT much to make a judgment on this trade, im sorry but because you can google his stats and get youtube highlights means nothing.
Not only that but the Cleveland trade isnt even a done deal so why is everyone getting all pissy? Why would Cleveland even want to mess up the chemistry they have going? big risk for them.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I think ultimately we will end up trading with Chicago. It will look something like this:

Phoenix recieves:
Drew Gooden
Tyrus Thomas
T. Sefolosha
1st round Pick

Chicago recieves:
Amare Stoudemire
A. Tucker

This give the Suns the young players they want and it will clear about 10.3 million off the salary cap next season. I am not saying I like the trade, I just think it is what they will go with.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
i agree with u that Cavs dont want to ruin the chemistry but apparently they DID make a proposal to the Suns and is one of the top three contenders for amare with chicago and detroit.

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
i agree with u that Cavs dont want to ruin the chemistry but apparently they DID make a proposal to the Suns and is one of the top three contenders for amare with chicago and detroit.

The chemistry issue is one that's been discussed at length and cleveland fans seem really divided from what I've read. I haven't really made up my mind, but I think letting Szczerbiak's contract expire without making ANY deal would be a mistake. Maybe a blockbuster deal like Stoudemire doesn't get done, but I think most people expect to see something.

@Carey - my apologies if you think I'm some how rubbing this in your face. Was just trying to have an educated discussion on one of the rumored deals out there. And since last I heard there wasn't a deal between the cavs and suns I'm not sure what exactly I'm flaunting?

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
And since last I heard there wasn't a deal between the cavs and suns I'm not sure what exactly I'm flaunting?

Idk, possibly the idea that we're trading our best player for a guy that barely gets off your bench & an expiring contract.

Then all you guys come around here and the other boards acting like JJ Hickson is the second coming of Amare. Horse crap.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
By the way, not sure if this has been posted anywhere (I'm sure it has, but I just saw it...feel free to delete)

From SI, posted on another cavs forum:

"Other observations from Friday in Phoenix:

• The hot topics were the Heat-Raptors trade, which most players believed to be a step up for Miami, and a rumored Suns-Bulls swap that had Amaré Stoudemire and parts headed to Chicago in exchange for Tyrus Thomas and parts. This was considered enough of a sure thing that Chicago media folks were already making their introductions to Amaré."

@Slinslin - How do you know Thomas has more talent than Hickson?? As joshstmarie said, how much of Hickson have you actually watched? Maybe you're an NBA scout and I'll be totally eating crow, or maybe you're just convinced that since Thomas was a top 10 pick he's clearly more talented.

Tyrus Thomas is MUCH more experienced than Hickson. Right now, because Hickson gets very little playing time and is getting high marks based on potential, he's not as good as Thomas, who has shown some of his skills already. Known commodities are more valuable than unknown when put up next to each other.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
As far as draft position, I haven't seen enough of Robin Lopez to comment. But what youre telling me is if you had to do it over you'd still draft Lopez over Hickson?

I understand your arguement, but this has nothing to do with Robin Lopez. Of course most anyone will say that we'd rather draft Hickson over Lopez. We'd also draft Thomas over Lopez as well, so I'm not sure what your point is there. This whole discussion is about Thomas vs. Hickson, not Hickson vs. Lopez.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
thunder deal with Jeff Green; bulls deal with Thomas, Noah, Sefolosha, etc.; and cavs deal with well cap space (haven't a clue about Hickson though) are becomming my favorites... I doubt any of those other Teams are willing to Trade Aldridge, Stuckey, etc.

I've liked Jeff Green for awhile - the 2-3 bulls players have upside - those two deals the Suns could reload, etc. but and the cavs deal, well if the Suns aren't going to win the Title in the next 2 years (although I will say two 1st Rounders looks nicer than one =D) the cavs could then beat the lakers/spurs in a 7 Game series, yess!!! bwahahaha

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
Idk, possibly the idea that we're trading our best player for a guy that barely gets off your bench & an expiring contract.

Then all you guys come around here and the other boards acting like JJ Hickson is the second coming of Amare. Horse crap.

Ok well if that's how it came across I'm sorry. I think you can look back through all my posts and you will never see me say Hickson is or will ever be half the player Amare is. I've said he's a good prospect who could become a nice player in the next few years.

I also never said anything about Hickson being much more experienced than Thomas. Infact I said just the opposite. We can't see what Hickson will be become, but we've had time to see Thomas develop. Thomas is clearly a more well known commodity at this point in his career, so like I said, I totally understand that part of the value argument.

On the Robin Lopez point, I posed the question because earlier in the thread someone said that the Suns had the opportunity to draft Hickson and they passed. Their logic was that because the Suns passed on Hickson they don't value his potential. I simply drew the comparisson because, as verified by you, most people would take Hickson over Lopez at this point. So clearly a player's value on draft night changes as he progresses through his rookie year...ie the Suns appreciation for Hickson's potential COULD have changed since they passed on him in the draft.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Ok well if that's how it came across I'm sorry. I think you can look back through all my posts and you will never see me say Hickson is or will ever be half the player Amare is. I've said he's a good prospect who could become a nice player in the next few years.

I also never said anything about Hickson being much more experienced than Thomas. Infact I said just the opposite. We can't see what Hickson will be become, but we've had time to see Thomas develop. Thomas is clearly a more well known commodity at this point in his career, so like I said, I totally understand that part of the value argument.

On the Robin Lopez point, I posed the question because earlier in the thread someone said that the Suns had the opportunity to draft Hickson and they passed. Their logic was that because the Suns passed on Hickson they don't value his potential. I simply drew the comparisson because, as verified by you, most people would take Hickson over Lopez at this point. So clearly a player's value on draft night changes as he progresses through his rookie year...ie the Suns appreciation for Hickson's potential COULD have changed since they passed on him in the draft.
Nice post.:grabs:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just about everybody has given up hope on Lopez. So yes, Hickson and probably most players in the draft have surpassed Lopez. Hoping Lopez improves long term is a real stretch. Lopez reminds me of the stick man. Opposing players play like he is not there.

:stick:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just about everybody has given up hope on Lopez. So yes, Hickson and probably most players in the draft have surpassed Lopez. Hoping Lopez improves long term is a real stretch. Lopez reminds me of the stick man. Opposing players play like he is not there.

:stick:
Your stickman is nearly a life-size representation of Lopez' presence in the paint.

Reaction score
Update on what the Cavs insider had to say earlier. He had more to say but there board is down right now.
We simply won't wait around after a certain point. But, I wouldn't be surprised if Phoenix gets this settled on Monday. Not basing it on anything but my gut feeling. I think they have a pretty good idea what direction they're headed in with this trade, and they won't let it drag on too long.

The one angle that Chicago and other teams would have to have in their minds is, will Amare commit to them longterm ? The only team he openly seems happy to go to is Cleveland, and that's the ballgame right there, to me. He wants to play for a championship, is what he said.

The other angle at play here is the silent one that nobody talks about. That's Phil Knight and Nike. They have alot invested in the Lebron James Brand ...it is their desire to see Lebron ascend to Jordan-esque status. What's good for Lebron, is good for Nike, is good for the NBA, is good for basketball.

Lebron only ascends to that level by producing one thing to his resume that can get him to that level ...that is multiple championships. They are into year six of their longterm investment into the LBJ brand, and I think when looking at the Jordan roadmap, it's time for Lebron to begin to make that similar ascension.

If you'll notice, it didn't take Lebron and Nike long to get Mo Williams into the fold, and under the Nike umbrella. Getting that next big piece to put with Lebron that is also in the Nike portfolio will be key now ...just so happens that circumstances and planets may be aligning.

What I'm saying is ..alot of powers in the game would like to see the planets align here. It's a moneymaker. Not saying that that means it's going to happen, just saying it's another reason to think that it very well could.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Amare also said publicly that he would like to play for the Pistons and the Bulls. Check recent reports from those cities.

I seriously doubt Amare's willingness to play alongside Lebron. Amare's ego is to become THE MAN, the MAX, the franchise player. Join the Pistons or the Bulls, he will be the leading star, they will eventually build the team around him, according to his game, following his wishes. Join the Cavs? Take the second seat next to Lebron? Never think about being THE MAN anymore?

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm not privey to Amare's thinking but I can well imagine him wanting to play alongside Lebron. And I don't think he's daft enough to imagine he'll be other than second banana... could be wrong on that count, I suppose. I hope we don't find out the answer because the Cleveland offering is pitiful...