Deal going down....VERY SOON

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I'll put my money on Kerr NOT sending Amare to Cleveland, mark my word and check with me again after a deal, or after deadline.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A trade with Chicago makes the most sense and seems best for the Suns. I like Gooden, Thomas and Noah.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
A trade with Chicago makes the most sense and seems best for the Suns. I like Gooden, Thomas and Noah.

yeah and its exactly what kerr is looking for, ending contracts young rising Stars and lots of energy.
Although it would be good if they can sign another decent PG since LB still needs some time to be a combo guard.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Just a rumor. I repeat, JUST A RUMOR.

How do you think of replacing J.Rich by T-mac, and then Scola and Tyrus Thomas for front court? ...

Just a rumor ...

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score

How do you think of replacing J.Rich by T-mac, and then Scola and Tyrus Thomas for front court? ...

Just a rumor ...

I heard of another Houston deal. Amare + Dudley for Battier, Artest (expiring), and either Landry or Scola. I've heard nothing about T-Mac.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
I sometimes have felt like throwing up with all of these trade talks.

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
I sometimes have felt like throwing up with all of these trade talks.

yeah especially with all these media gurus like espn who earn their money by talking their ass off with some ********.
We should try just ignore everything and check back in on Monday or Thrusday when change could really happen.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
I heard of another Houston deal. Amare + Dudley for Battier, Artest (expiring), and either Landry or Scola. I've heard nothing about T-Mac.

The rumors came from Houston and Chicago. I'm still wating for the friend to show me the source. They said the GMs are working on a 3 teams mega deal involving Amare, T-Mac, etc. Here is some of the points I think quite valid.

#1. Gooden is injuried and probably out for the season. Our FO doesn't believe Tyrus Thomas can replace Amare all by himself, especially because Thomas can not play C at all. We have no backup for Shaq, of course, unless you count Lopez as one. No matter how you downplay the value of Gooden, we must get another servicable big man.

#2. It's widely rumored that Kerr asked for both Noah and Thomas, but obviously it is just our wishful thinking. Paxon won't let both of them leave, even for Amare.

#3. Larry Hughes is the first and the most Chicago wanted to ship out, while T-Mac is all the same in Houston. It is very likely for the Rockets to take Hughes if getting rid of T-mac in same deal. It makes sense for both basketball and finance. Meanwhile, they might give up with one of their current PFs, Scola or Landry, because Artest can handle that position. Then, it's about what we think about T-Mac.

I have absolutely no idea and no good feeling about these. I'm not sure how T-Mac can be useful for us, unless J.Rich is on the way out. After all, this is just another rumor ... Sorry if this one bothers you guys.:mad:

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea and no good feeling about these. I'm not sure how T-Mac can be useful for us, unless J.Rich is on the way out. After all, this is just another rumor ... Sorry if this one bothers you guys.:mad:

TMac is making $20 million annually that would be quite a bit for Sarver to take on whithout other major moves. (like getting rid of Shaq)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please no T-Mac. Isn't he injured all the time.

Also I think Noah and Thomas is a cheap price for Amare. The Suns can throw in Sims if Chicago needs another big. :D

lou_skywalker

Registered
Reaction score
If we are talking to the Rockets, we should be getting Artest AND Scola + Landry + conditional pick for amare and filler (Dudley or tucker)

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
TMac is making $20 million annually that would be quite a bit for Sarver to take on whithout other major moves. (like getting rid of Shaq)

That's why my guess is J.Rich must be involved. Amare + J.Rich for T-Mac + Thomas + Scola makes perfect basketball sense, while salary matches.

The good part is T-Mac's contract has only 1 more years left, expires by 2010 summer, the Lebron summer.

Please no T-Mac. Isn't he injured all the time.

Also I think Noah and Thomas is a cheap price for Amare. The Suns can throw in Sims if Chicago needs another big. :D

That, is exactly why those people in Houston think we might take him. Veterans seems all revived under the sunshine in Phoenix? Hill and Shaq?

If you know, the situation on T-Mac in Houston is almost identical to Shaq in Miami a year ago ... Very interesting.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
If we are talking to the Rockets, we should be getting Artest AND Scola + Landry + conditional pick for amare and filler (Dudley or tucker)

First, we are definitely reluctant to trade Amare to a western playoff team.

Second, that deal lacks of a young talent, and their first round pick is doomed to be low.

After all, this is just another rumor. I don't think we should pay more attention on it than the others.:bang:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
These rumors all sound like they were made up by fans of these other teams. The TMac rumor makes no sense at all unless the Suns are trading Shaq for TMac. Sarver foolishly rolled the dice on big salaried Shaq last year and made the Suns financial situation worse. No way he does this again. The guy may not have the sharpest basketball mind but he is apparently pretty good with numbers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That, is exactly why those people in Houston think we might take him. Veterans seems all revived under the sunshine in Phoenix? Hill and Shaq?

If you know, the situation on T-Mac in Houston is almost identical to Shaq in Miami a year ago ... Very interesting.

But I keep remembering Penny Hardaway too.

NYCCavsFan

Reaction score
Áll of that was speculation, its only his opinion nothing else so it is ********.

Slinslin you really seem to have some serious pent up anger. No need to get so worked up. Goran is right...Wine & Gold is a very well respected poster and a confirmed insider. If you have better information I'm sure everyone would appreciate you share

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Who cares about that? Just read what he wrote, its pure speculation on his own and anyone who knows just a little bit has to be laughing how ridiculous his theories are about Amare only extending with Cleveland and such, it is hilarious.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Why would you sign up for that..

A half year of Ron Artest and a marginal talent like Landry or Scola, and Battier..

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score

Just a rumor ...
That's not a rumor, that's an opinion trying to crave attention like a rumor.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hate any rent a player deal that wouldn't include youg talent in return. Your not going to get a great pick from Houston. If you bring in Artest, you had better resign the guy long term.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05