Deal going down....VERY SOON

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anthony Randolph had 9 points and 10 rebounds in 14:20 of play!! This kid looks good. I wonder why he doesn't get more playing time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said I was sorry for posting the "very soon" part. The info was coming in quickly about who was coming in and out of the F.O. and seemed as if something was gonna be announce fairly soon.

IMO, nothing to apologize for because you acted in good faith. Maybe something might even happen later today. Anyway, this thread has been much more exciting than Suns games of late.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
OKC is now surfacing as a destination for Amare. They are also in the market to trade Watson as well. Imagine that, a team that has a big time PG and are looking to trade him and the Suns, as has been the case for years, needs another PG.

Here's a couple of ideas of trades I would do (with regards to Westbrook and Durant being untouchable):

Amare/Dudley for Watson/Green/Wilcox/Suns 2010 pick back
Amare/Dudley for Watson/Green/Smith/Sene/Suns 2010 pick back
Amare/Dudley for Watson/Green/Collison/Suns 2010 pick back

I'd prefer the first one due to Wilcox being better for us IMO than Smith and Sene would. In all the deals we get a VERY COMPETANT back-up PG (also very good defensively as well). Plus we get a YOUNG SF/PF in Green and an expiring. Above all we get our 2010 1st rd pick back from them.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OKC is now surfacing as a destination for Amare. They are also in the market to trade Watson as well. Imagine that, a team that has a big time PG and are looking to trade him and the Suns, as has been the case for years, needs another PG.

You are not referring to Watson as a big time point guard are you?

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
How bout Amare/Dudley for Watson/Wilcox/Green THEIR 2009 pick.

No way they get STAT and not give up their lottery pick.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score

I'd reluctantly do it. I was really hoping for Westbrook in any OKC deal, but I'd do this deal. We get a solid backup for this and next year for Nash, a really nice prospect in Green, an expiring in Wilcox, and probably Harden or something with that pick.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'd reluctantly do it. I was really hoping for Westbrook in any OKC deal, but I'd do this deal. We get a solid backup for this and next year for Nash, a really nice prospect in Green, an expiring in Wilcox, and probably Harden or something with that pick.

Word on Westbrook is that he's a great player, but he's a two. Not sure we need another 2 in a 1's body.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much longer till the trade deadline? I would rather keep amare and if we had to trade nash and shaq sure we won't make the playoffs this year which we may not anyways.... but atleast we would have a good building peaice with Amare and without Shaq just imo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pimping Stoudemire for Green/Wilcox/Watson/PHX 2010 forever now.

And I have been agreeing with you forever. :)

However, if the Suns can do better so be it.

Last edited:

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If a trade does happen, it won't b with the heat. Just sent Marion and Banks to the raps for O'neal and Moon

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a trade does happen, it won't b with the heat. Just sent Marion and Banks to the raps for O'neal and Moon

I think it is a good trade for Toronto except for Banks. Woe to the Raptors having to eat Banks salary. However, I bet Marions re-signs with the Raptors next season for a reasonable salary with BC there which, IMO, makes it a good trade.

cly2tw

Reaction score

agree. and what'd be their use for a lottory pick anyway? they picked 3 center failures three years in a roll, Sene, Swift, another french man. ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would want their 2010 pick they traded to the Thunder because it was one their first round picks they gave up in the KT trade. If Phoenix falters they would want their own potential lottery pick back. The Suns have all their first round picks otherwise. Now if the Thunder wanted to give up a lottery pick that is better, I would be quite pleased.

Last edited:

zod

Registered
Reaction score
Weren't the Thunder open to trading Durant?

I would love to get this guy here. Give him a couple years to put on some more muscle and he is gonna be a superstar.

TBaslim

Planet Orange
Reaction score
Weren't the Thunder open to trading Durant?

I would love to get this guy here. Give him a couple years to put on some more muscle and he is gonna be a superstar.

Um, yeah. I think that was wishful thinking on the part of Phoenix media. Durant is a stud and will just get better. He's blowing up as a 20 year old.

I'd love it, but it probably isn't happening.

Maybe Jeff Green, but not Durant.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Um, yeah. I think that was wishful thinking on the part of Phoenix media. Durant is a stud and will just get better. He's blowing up as a 20 year old.

I'd love it, but it probably isn't happening.

Maybe Jeff Green, but not Durant.

I would give up the farm to get Durant...he's a max player superstar in the making. He's twenty years old and getting better every year. Unfortunately I doubt Stat and Barbosa would do it, and I doubt we have anything else they would want.

Reaction score
Cavs insider is reporting this.

(Keep in mind, everyone there trusts him as he is somehow involved with the organization and works closely with J.J Hickson. He broke news about the Mo Williams trade and is probably more of a insider than Db from RealGM)

The first two posts are from late afternoon and the 3rd post is from this evening.

Just returned from lunch, and when I got back to my hotel room, I have had my cell charging while I was out, I got three calls from JJ and his agent. Apparently, they are getting wind of some things, and are calling to see if I've heard anything regarding him, and potential moves being discussed.

Obviously, being on the road, I'm out of the loop to an extent, but, obviously somethings been whirling around in the NBA circles regarding JJ ...

Really a tough situation for him to go through so early on in his 1st season, he's apparently very anxious over all that must be going on right now, as far as the rumor mill.

Did something break on ESPN as far as speculation ?

I can't go into too much detail as to who else called, but a close relative who also has a job in the NBA but not with the Cavs, called and has heard we're one of the top destinations for Amare, in that he's signaled that he would sign longterm with us if the opportunity presented itself.

Which leaves me mystified to say the least ... I didn't see this one on my radar at all ... I've just never really taken any of those rumors seriously at all. Didn't see us with the assets, or much desire due to certain issues that I'll go into if need be ...

But, obviously for a team that's been saying they are content to stay put, we certainly have a GM that is working alot of tradelines with multiple teams at the moment.

I feel like maybe I should change my travel itinerary, and instead of heading back to Cleveland, make a quick jaunt out to Phoenix ...lol.

OK, finally caught up with somebody within the team. Just everyone cool down a bit here ...everybody's minds are rolling at time warp speed here.. First, I talked to JJ, and basically told him that this is the nature of trade deadlines this time of year. That young, talented rookies are always a commodity that gets speculated about in trade scenarios, and he just so happens to be on a team that has potential targets, and needs. More often than not what it comes down to is reporters trying to fill in blanks, and they ultimately end up being wrong 99.9% of the time.

That said, I told him to turn off his phone, and stay away from the television and radio. Told him not to grant ANY interviews at all with anyone in the media as well.

He's listening. He's having someone monitor calls for him ...

Now, onto what I got from the team. He's been in talks with numerous teams all day long. He'll be doing the same for the next few days as well. Yes, he's had conversations with the Suns and we've expressed some interest in AS, and we've even been talking to them in regards to some multi-team action that doesn't even involve AS, or Shaq ...so alot more than just that trade are being talked about. Even with the Suns, themselves.

To say we are zeroing in on anything at this point would be wrong, I was told. This was 10 minutes ago or so ... that we're evaluating a number of different options, and that alot of interest is being shown for the Snow part of the equation as well, which could bring in an asset in another price range than the high side stuff most people are talking about.

But, I was able to get out of them that we have had talks regarding AS, and we are exploring going down that road which to me is new news ...I had never heard that before today.

Now, I also asked if they had heard anything from the player's camp, and they said they hadn't heard anything in that regard. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just that the person I talked to within the team hadn't heard what I had been told by a family member today on the phone.... that being that AS's agent had expressed to the Suns and Cavs that he would like to join the Cavs and would be open to an extension with us.

I'll keep digging to see if I can find some other confirmation of that, though ... that's all for now.

OK ....Got back earlier than I thought, but, I'm crashing early and getting an earlier flight tomorrow and heading out to Phoenix for the weekend. Had some late plans change, and I'll have to handle a few things there.

What a day this is turning out to be ...what a weekend should I say.

I have to be careful here guys ... we have no "handshake deal" right now. ok.

We've obviously been in alot of talks with alot of teams. We have a clear priority established as to how we would like things to go for us, with standing pat always an option that we can ultimately go with, and still be happy moving forward.

Being a big part in JJ's early pro career here, going through this is especially tough for me right now. But, when you get into pro ball, this is the reality of the game. Careers can change on a moments notice, and you have to be prepared for anything, at anytime.

Like I say, no handshake deal has been made, and only Phoenix and Amare know precisely where they stand. But, something looks to be happening out in Phoenix. I've found out that Amare and Lebron have been talking, and I think that when I connect the dots, we may have a real deal want and desire for these two to join forces in Cleveland. This could mean for the foreseeable future.

Amare wouldn't want to come here for another short term stint, and if he didn't get the impression from Lebron that he was going to commit longterm, then you wouldn't have them looking to pair up here.

I've always been looking to find that player that would ultimately have circumstances for them coincide with ours , at the right time, in order to finally find the missing piece that would ultimately pair with Lebron James and provide him with the team needed to bring him the multiple championships.

This could be the prelude to just that..

If Amare would make his wishes known, he would eliminate all the competition basically. No team is going to give up the farm for a one year rental player, that would be unhappy to boot during that tenure.

In a way, if Amare's wishes are what they appear to be, he is going to basically name his destination here. But, the reality is ...if Lebron wants it, it happens, if he doesn't it doesn't.

Lebron wants it. Amare could be on board with that same view of the future potential of their pairing as well.

To make it short and sweet ... it's not a done deal. I don't know for a fact that Lebron and Amare are of like minds ... I don't know that Phoenix might not get another offer that's better ...like say from a team like the Knicks for instance ...and Amare at the last second might have a chance to rejoin D'Antoni in NY and thoughts change at that moment ... those possiblities exist here ...

But, the way I'm reading things right now ...I think we might have a real deal shot at landing him right now. Certain things that I can't really get into specifics about now ..I read as very positive signs that this could ultimately end up getting done.

If it doesn't, then we seem to have some other options available to us as well. I've spelled some of the basics of some of the other type deals that we might be looking for out in some past threads ...everyone if they have been reading what I've been posting knows what type options we are looking at and exploring.

We've had the dream scenarios, all the way down to the smaller ones in the Joe Smith mold, we have the swingman options, and even the status quo.

Just last night at this time I was of the belief that nothing of this caliber looked to be on the horizon, and whaddaya know now I'm heading west and we might be actually in the hunt on this thing.

I still keep falling back on the belief that someone should be able to offer up more than us that has a strong future as well ...but, as I look at the options being mentioned, it clearly looks like we are the most likely option that exists as I type.

Keep your fingers crossed ...don't know if I'll get much sleep tonight, but , the next time you hear from me I will likely be checked in , in Phoenix.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I figured it was worth mentioning this, but not in a new thread (considering so many threads are already geared towards amare deals) :

The cavs board i post on is going nuts. The two insiders (both are very reputable, and confirmed sources) are saying that a deal has been agreed upon in principle for amare to head to the cavs. J.J Hickson has been contacted by the front office, and he met with them for about half an hour. Amare also had a bout a 20-30 minute meeting with the suns front office. he said he would agree to a long term deal in cleveland, which had to be promised by him before cleveland would agree. Supposedly the deal will be done monday such as not to take away anything from the all-star festivities. Here's a couple links to the main posts of the 80+ page thread about it (and growing):

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?p=397558#post397558

In that same thread, go to the first post of the entire thread to see the main insider on the board's take. he also updated everything on page 56 (his name is Wine & Gold).

So take that all for what it's worth. I may very well cry if this happens. One eye crying for amare leaving phoenix, and the other crying tears of joy for lebron finally getting another star next to him.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
Cavs insider is reporting this.

(Keep in mind, everyone there trusts him as he is somehow involved with the organization and works closely with J.J Hickson. He broke news about the Mo Williams trade and is probably more of a insider than Db from RealGM)

The first two posts are from late afternoon and the 3rd post is from this evening.

damn it, you just beat me to it :p:p But yes, the guy is an insider and does work with the cavs organization. he knows what he's talking about, no doubt about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
we're going to trade amare for a bag of vomit. i know it. you know it. and most importantly sarver thinks the vomit is the second coming of michael jordan.

Reaction score
damn it, you just beat me to it :p:p But yes, the guy is an insider and does work with the cavs organization. he knows what he's talking about, no doubt about it.

Yep. I have been reading through his past posts and you can just tell he is somehow involved with the Cavs pretty closely.

Suns are gonna be getting ripped if this happens but thats what happens when you have cheap owners. Should be fun to watch Hickson I guess. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Outside of Lebron, Cleveland has nobody even close to Amare. Out of all the teams in the NBA, Cleveland would be one of the teams I WOULDN'T want to trade with.