Deal going down....VERY SOON

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to see Sarver finally acknowledged the JJ fiasco was mistake.

At the very end (which is what this feels like) I feel vindicated. I was abused by everyone over at the ESPN boards for my pro-JJ views.

I still remember when Josh posted that picture of his truck with a JJ jersey on the back which said "Just Divorced".

Damn that was hard to swallow. Couldnt believe that we lost him over money.

Of course Gambo is pimping a lousy trade. Randolph is garbage. If D'Antoni couldn't get production out of him, no one can. It would be awesome to pair him with Shaq to see how awful we could be.

Well, what can we do except keep watching? Maybe in another fifteen years we'll have the magic again. But I know I'll always be haunted by that 05 team and what could have been....Nash, JJ, Bell, Marion and Amare. Throw in an improved LB and Kurt Thomas and would have been set.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Glad to see Sarver finally acknowledged the JJ fiasco was mistake.

At the very end (which is what this feels like) I feel vindicated. I was abused by everyone over at the ESPN boards for my pro-JJ views.

I still remember when Josh posted that picture of his truck with a JJ jersey on the back which said "Just Divorced".

Damn that was hard to swallow. Couldnt believe that we lost him over money.

Of course Gambo is pimping a lousy trade. Randolph is garbage. If D'Antoni couldn't get production out of him, no one can. It would be awesome to pair him with Shaq to see how awful we could be.

Well, what can we do except keep watching? Maybe in another fifteen years we'll have the magic again. But I know I'll always be haunted by that 05 team and what could have been....Nash, JJ, Bell, Marion and Amare. Throw in an improved LB and Kurt Thomas and would have been set.

Wait. What? Who said anything about Zach Randolph?

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Dudley can NOT be traded in a package with other players until Feb.13. Isn't it still a few hours away? That's probably the reason to hold up.

My guess is Detroit, Stuckey is the key, they don't have a good draft pick but might add Amir Johnson or Maxiell. For Chicago, Drew Gooden is injuried and Hinrich has a long contract.

TheCurt1983

Reaction score
Dudley can be packaged with someone even though we got him this season. The 60-day mark passed a few days ago.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that Randolph on the Clippers?

They are talking about Anthony Randolph in GSW, a high first round pick rookie. But the deal with GSW for Biedrins makes absolutely no sense, neither for basketball nor for financial reasons.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Apparently the "very soon" aspect hasn't come to light yet. With all the activity and closed door meetings and who was going in and out of the Suns FO today, I was assuming at least the news of Porter's firing would've been released.

Second note....Has anyone realized that TT, Noah and Beasley are being "showcased" tonight? Noah getting more than 20 more minutes and both TT and Beasley getting about 10 more.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently the "very soon" aspect hasn't come to light yet. With all the activity and closed door meetings and who was going in and out of the Suns FO today, I was assuming at least the news of Porter's firing would've been released.

Second note....Has anyone realized that TT, Noah and Beasley are being "showcased" tonight? Noah getting more than 20 more minutes and both TT and Beasley getting about 10 more.

Dudley can NOT be traded with other players in one package until 60 days after we got him, it is Feb.13, a few hours away.

FO will always add a few minimal pieces in a big deal to balance the number of incoming-outgoing players. Dudley is such one, so as Tucker, Lopez, Dragic, and maybe Barnes.

It is very normal that FO staffs, coaches and lawyers gather and get prepared one day prior to what's going to happen. Be patient, a deal is probably already on the table of both sides, waiting to be delivered to league officials right after mid-night.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
My mistake on confusing the Randolphs...not that Biedris, Anthony Randolph and Turiaf is any better?

Why not just cut Amare rather than take back that kind of garbage?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be patient, a deal is probably already on the table of both sides, waiting to be delivered to league officials right after mid-night.

Fax, courier or USPS? Seriously, we may not hear anything until after the ASG.

Yet I will wait and wait and wait. :bang:

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Dudley can NOT be traded with other players in one package until 60 days after we got him, it is Feb.13, a few hours away.

FO will always add a few minimal pieces in a big deal to balance the number of incoming-outgoing players. Dudley is such one, so as Tucker, Lopez, Dragic, and maybe Barnes.

It is very normal that FO staffs, coaches and lawyers gather and get prepared one day prior to what's going to happen. Be patient, a deal is probably already on the table of both sides, waiting to be delivered to league officials right after mid-night.

NICE FIND!!!

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Fax, courier or USPS? Seriously, we may not hear anything until after the ASG.

Yet I will wait and wait and wait. :bang:

Actually, I think we will know by morning or mid-day.

Feb.13 is also the last day for the Suns to add a player. League rule requires at least 13 players under contract for every team. We have been dodging it by 10 days contracts.

It might be coincident or planned by FO, but Feb.13 is the day.

OP
OP
jlove

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Actually, I think we will know by morning or mid-day.

Feb.13 is also the last day for the Suns to add a player. League rule requires at least 13 players under contract for every team. We have been dodging it by 10 days contracts.

It might be coincident or planned by FO, but Feb.13 is the day.

J-Rich and Dudley were traded to the Phoenix Suns on December 11, 2008. If you add 60 days to that, not 2 months, the 60 days ends on February 9, 2009. Therefore as of February 10, 2009, either Dudley or J-Rich are eligible to be traded with other players.

However, as has been stated, Feb 13th is the last day we have to get the roster to 13.

Last edited:

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
If something was that close to going down (just waiting until midnight), you would think something would of leaked out by now.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
J-Rich and Dudley were traded to the Phoenix Suns on December 11, 2008. If you add 60 days to that, not 2 months, the 60 days ends on February 9, 2009. Therefore as of February 10, 2009, either Dudley or J-Rich are eligible to be traded with other players.

However, as has been stated, Feb 13th is the last day we have to get the roster to 13.

RealGM trade machine said it was Feb13. Anyway, this period is really painful for everyone, let's end it ASAP.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprise if the big move was firing Porter..

Kerr/Sarver will then announce a small trade.. Dudley for another role player...

Then based on what happens (1st round exit most likely) Suns fire sale....

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The clippers randolph is ZACH, not Anthony.

Anthony is the Warriors' scrawny guy from LSU.

Eediots :p

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anthony Randolph is a diamond in the rough I think...

I cannot believe some here automatically bash the Warriors offer..

Biedrins is top 5 in rebounding...
Turiaf is top 5 is shot blocking...

both play PF/C

and then Randolph is the young prospect that might be your Bosh/Garnett guys later..

If GS adds a pick.. top 5 protected... Suns should do it... just because it fixes Suns future.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
Big-Z and Szczerbiak? Salary wise it works. Other than that, I don't know.

nowagimp

Reaction score
The Suns under Phil Jackson or Popovic are still severely hamperred to do any damage against the top teams. Spurs still OWN the Suns somehow, Lakers also. Not to mention Hornets... Suns with D'Antoni and Stoudemire averaging 30ppg last season couldnt be enough to beat those teams.

This is not the same roster as last years team and shaq is certainly not the same player. If Hill is not injured I think the suns have a pretty good chance against those spurs, his injuury may have been the final straw as wing defense was terrible without him. With JRich, a rejuvenated shaq, and hill healthy, the suns might be able to topple the spurs if they dont double the post so much. I still think the suns can take much better advantage of the amare/bonner matchup. Porters inability to take advantage of that matchup had me fuming. Dumping the ball to shaq with TD on him makes no sense when amare has bonner on him. And with JRich to shoot from the '2', the spurs have alot more defensive problems than with Raja. How they matchup with the lakers is another matter.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Apparently, cleveland radio said itd be Wally, Snow, and JJ Hickson for Shaq and tuck

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I still think the suns can take much better advantage of the amare/bonner matchup. Porters inability to take advantage of that matchup had me fuming. Dumping the ball to shaq with TD on him makes no sense when amare has bonner on him.

This all assumes that Stoudemire would be able to score reliably against Bonner, but we already know he can't. In fact, the last two months have shown that Stoudemire is virtually useless in isolation situations, regardless of the opponent. He needs to get the ball on the move while the defense is still getting organized, and in that case, it doesn't really matter which player is nominally assigned to him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05