Defensive Personnel Question

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who do the Cards have on the field (and where) when they have Wilson, Griffith and Fransisco on the field all at once? Seems like they were doing that a lot today.

Is it a "big nickle" package, or are they playing Wilson at LB?

Tim

Reaction score
Who do the Cards have on the field (and where) when they have Wilson, Griffith and Fransisco on the field all at once? Seems like they were doing that a lot today.

Is it a "big nickle" package, or are they playing Wilson at LB?

They'll usually pull a LB or a DT, depending in the front. Francisco is the nickle back. I noticed that they walked Francisco up to the line a few times, as if he were going to play man, then he dropped in zone. I can't imagine that they would have him cover a receiver one on one in a man situation. It seems like a dead give a way that they are playing zone. I wish I could get my hands on those coaches tapes! They clear so much up.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah, when they did that today it was a d-lineman coming out. Dockett actually lined up as a DE on several plays.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Pariah, when they did that today it was a d-lineman coming out. Dockett actually lined up as a DE on several plays.

Ya mean they actually schemed??? Like a real NFL team??? Must've been a fluke...:D

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Yea they did this alot last week also... They bring AW down close to the line in sort of a 4 LB set.