Dejan Koturovic

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
According to most Serbian sites Dejan Koturovic, starting Center for Yugoslavien national team is in Phoenix now, where he is supposedly goig to sign a contract with Phx Suns.

Link is in Serbian, but that is what it basically said. Also I read on couple more major Serbian sites the same thing. Anyone knows anything about this??

If this is true I think that our front court wouyld definetely be improved. He is a veteran, he played in big games and played in one of the best Italian teams. Alos, I watched Euro Championship this year and he dominated Tskalidis. No jump shot, no offensive game, but lot quicker and solid rebounder. he kept going around Jake and easily pulled defensive rebounds away from Jake.

http://www.b92.net/sport/vesti.php?nav_id=121466&dd=08&mm=10&yyyy=2003

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember Koturovic from the WC last year.
He was a solid role-player (as a hustle defender-rebounder) of their NT.
He is definitely more athletic than Tsakalidis but his offensive game is even less polished if that's possible at all.

If Archibald's contract is quaranteed then Suns have 14 players under contract.
It will be interesting to see who will make the team:
Johnson, Koturovic or Sheppard?

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
Official Suns page. That would be www.nba.com/suns
Little be excited. Second Serbian player in Phx. You guys will be seeing me lot more this year.

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
I don't thinks so. Caparkapa played for Buducnost, which is in Montenegro, while Koturovic played in Italy last two years.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Was he Cabarkapa's teammate?
I don't think that he was.

Koturovic played in Germany for Alba Berlin although it's possible that it wasn't his last team. slinslin will tell us.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
BTW, I have read the report on suns.com about Koturovic's signing to the Suns but there is no way that he is 7'2".
He is more like 6'10"-11".

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
how 'bout we meet half way for an even 7'. That sounds better and everybody's happy...

OP
OP
K

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
http://ok.kalnieciai.lt/players/playerfile/k/dejan_koturovic.htm

He is 210 cm, and Divac is 7' 1" 216 cm.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Oct. 8, 2003: Suns Head Coach Frank Johnson announced this morning that the team waived free agent guards William Pippen and Trevor Huffman today, and signed 7-2 Yugoslavian center Dejan Koturovic. Check back with Suns.com this afternoon for more on the Suns' evolving camp roster.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
210 cm is 6' 10 1/2".

Ugh, more undersized C's. I assume that site you got the measurements from is accurate.

Didn't Arvydas Sabonis actually turn out to be taller than what the euro sites listed him as? Maybe thats the case here - 7'2" to 6'10.5" is a big jump. Then again sixtenandahalf is basically seven feet with shoes...

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I assume that site you got the measurements from is accurate.

I was just using someone else's report that he is 210 cm. Of course it did not say whether this is with or without shoes.

scotsman13

Reaction score
ok so what does that lead us to believe that team will look like.

power forward:
amare
googs

small forward:
marion
zarko

point guard:
marbury
barbosa
knight

shooting guard:
Joe Johnson
Penny Hardaway
Casey Jacobson

center:
Scott Williams
Jake Voskuhl

we can have 15 total people on the roster (12 active and 3 on the ir)

that leaves us with 3 spots open for
Dejan Koturovic
Robert Archibald
DerMarr Johnson
Nick Sheppard
Cezary Trybanski
Ray Weathers

if this new guy is that good then i would say we go
dejan koturovic
cezary trybanski
and
nick sheppard
or
demarr johnson

what do you guys think?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I think DerMarr Johnson will be on the active roster. It is consistent with the philosophy of "skill ball" -- he's certainly a better player than any of those random seven-foot stiffs.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is his information from telebasket.com. They have him listed at 6'11" or 210 cm. 210 cm is 82.7 in. or 6'10.7".

Size and Athletic Abilities
Big and nice body, with excellent size, wide shoulders and long arms. Mobile, can run the floor. Not very tough.

Offense
Faster and more mobile than most big man, relies on his quickness rather than his strenght. Not a great low post player, tends to take fade away shots. Can hit them, though, thanks to a soft hand. Coordinated, can control his body in fast break situations.

Defense
A quick defender, can block some shots, but is not very solid in keeping his position.

Notes
Koturovic has great tools, not so many big men have such a coordination ad so good hands. He lacks physical strenght and determination, though. A good high level player, anyway

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Mmm Koturovic wasn't playing for Alba Berlin season. It was Stanojevic.

However he was with Alba the 2 seasons before or something like that and was pretty good as far as I remember.

His last team was Virtus Bologna in Italy. He averaged 10.5ppg 5.6rpg 1.3bpg 56%FG 65%FT 23mpg.

He was suspended when he didn't arrive for training camp and that created lots of problems.

He is pretty tall as far as I can remember.
He is also 31 years old and played with Zarko in the 2002 World Championships.

yotes1921

Rookie
Reaction score
His line from the World Championships

In 8 games 6.6pts, 4.4rbs, 1.2ast, 0.2s, 0.6b, 50% for the field and 65% from the line

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake