Desmond Ridder to the Cardinals (Traded Rondale Moore)

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I compare tune more to josh mcnown , who i always liked. And actually put up some 400 yard games for us. Kurt Warner never said anything bad about him, loved his guts.

And in the end he played good ball for many bad teams. Bless his effort.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I compare tune more to josh mcnown , who i always liked. And actually put up some 400 yard games for us. Kurt Warner never said anything bad about him, loved his guts.

And in the end he played good ball for many bad teams. Bless his effort.
Clayton Tune couldn't carry Josh McCown's jock strap. LOL

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He actually resembled a quarterback at times rather than a valet parking attendant.
That’s how he looked last preseason against CrossFit coaches. He probably looked better last preseason tbh. People were saying maybe he’s the best Brock Purdy last year.

Yesterday people were saying we should dump him for Bailey Zappe.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He was behind such a porous line this preseason that he was hard to evaluate. He clearly has the arm & legs for the job, which puts him ahead of Ridder. Remains to be seen if he can grow into the job. Assuming the line play is decent and with Murray certain to miss some time we should see if he’s progressed. I like his chances and I’m pleased they’re sticking with him. The price is right if he develops. If not this isn’t a playoff year anyway. This is the perfect scenario to try him out. Instead of just starting him at random I’d like to see him work the end of games that had already been decided, just to settle in a little.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instead of just starting him at random I’d like to see him work the end of games that had already been decided, just to settle in a little.
That would be very disappointing if the Cardinals were routinely down 3 scores late in the 4th quarter with no chance of winning and the ability to trot Tune out there to finish a game. That would most likely mean the Offense and Kyler have failed and starting over at QB next season. Something that I don't even want to think about. Especially with a predicted QB poor draft next year.

Unless you mean the Cardinals are the team that is running away with the game and trot Tune out there to take a handful of meaningless snaps. Then I'm fine with it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
That would be very disappointing if the Cardinals were routinely down 3 scores late in the 4th quarter with no chance of winning. That would most likely mean the Offense and Kyler have failed and starting over at QB next season. Something that I don't even want to think about. Especially with a predicted QB poor draft next year.
Hadn't considered that possibility...now you're making me even more sad. On the bright side, it would give us a another half decade to build up the underbelly of the team! (Which I was told was improved but got stomped on the entire preseason)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hadn't considered that possibility...now you're making me even more sad. On the bright side, it would give us a another half decade to build up the underbelly of the team! (Which I was told was improved but got stomped on the entire preseason)

Kyler having a Desmond Ridder like season would be a major blow to the plans of this team moving forward. Having to find a new franchise QB next year would not be a fun process. Again I don't even want to think about it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kyler having a Desmond Ridder like season would be a major blow to the plans of this team moving forward. Having to find a new franchise QB next year would not be a fun process. Again I don't even want to think about it.
Yeah, I've been working under the assumption that our offense will be a top half of the league unit based on personnel. If things go south on offense though...wooooof.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals reportedly re-signing Desmond Ridder to practice squad​

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be very disappointing if the Cardinals were routinely down 3 scores late in the 4th quarter with no chance of winning and the ability to trot Tune out there to finish a game. That would most likely mean the Offense and Kyler have failed and starting over at QB next season. Something that I don't even want to think about. Especially with a predicted QB poor draft next year.

Unless you mean the Cardinals are the team that is running away with the game and trot Tune out there to take a handful of meaningless snaps. Then I'm fine with it.
Harry is definitely referring to Tune coming in late because we’re comfortably ahead. And I believe that is more likely than the opposite.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Clayton Tune couldn't carry Josh McCown's jock strap. LOL
Said the same stuff about Mcown as a rookie, I met him at showlow, at a rural outreach event. Think was the only active player there. He had low expectations.

I don’t know why you say that about Tune? I expect him to compete if needed. That rookie start disaster should help not hurt him, in the long run. Anyways that’s my opinion,
But hope he don’t hold his jockstrap!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That draft resulted in the greatest Arizona Cardinal and the arguebly best draft class in Arizona Cardinal history. What a failure
So Eli Manning or Philip Rivers would be a lesser option?

But maybe you’re right we would have picked Larry anyway given our coach at the time. Personally I would have thought Eli or Rivers throwing to Anquan would have been a better outcome:(

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sufficient to... win football games?

For this team to win more than they lose they will need Kyler to play like he did for much of 2021, I don't think the "Ridder vs Tune" situation will have any impact. Dobbs is now a respected backup and we went 1-8 with him.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Eli Manning or Philip Rivers would be a lesser option?

But maybe you’re right we would have picked Larry anyway given our coach at the time. Personally I would have thought Eli or Rivers throwing to Anquan would have been a better outcome:(

Eli would have never agreed to play here, he'd already told the Chargers we wouldn't play for them.

Rivers got to sit in reserve and marinate for a couple years and then take over one of the most loaded rosters in memory, he wouldn't have had that luxury here. He'd have been another sink or swim young QB with a bad coaching staff, and a terrible O-line.

The Cards have either been stupid or unlucky on countless occasions, but drafting Larry Fitzgerald is their best moment of the last 70+ years.