Did Bowen kick Amare on the final dunk??

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There was another play on which Duncan missed a shot, and while trying to get a rebound, tried to kick somebody (I believe it was Nash)

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Yeah both instances occurred.

If anybody recorded the game watch the play in 4th when Nash has Duncan one on one.

Nash hits the 3. But during that exchange KT and Manu were fighting for position and after Nash hits the shot, Manu swings his body and his right arm, almost looking like he was taking a swing KT.

The highlights for that play seem to cut off right before it happens.

I'm trying to figure how to get it from my DVR to my computer.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There goal IS to injure a Sun so they don't have to play against the full force of the Suns.

They will do anything they have to...including intentionally kicking and elbowing.

The Suns need to throw this tape at the NBA League HQ and get some answers.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
wow i just watched on it on my tv. thats some messed up stuff. im not sure if he was going for the achilles or getting his foot underneath amare's so when he lands his ankle rolls.

it definitely wasn't a "natural" basketball move

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was another play on which Duncan missed a shot, and while trying to get a rebound, tried to kick somebody (I believe it was Nash)

That was the one I was concerned about. My new TV has a VGA port. I need to get a capture card for my computer now so I can start transferring stuff from my DVR to the internet.

supernova

Rookie
Reaction score
If the Spurs are allowed to continue this disgraceful behavior they WILL seriously injure a Suns player before the series is over. We can only pray it's not Nash or Amare. These guys are dirty, dirty players. How do they get away with this ****?

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Bowen is just a dirty player.

Watch the highlights on the ESPN site..
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270508021

On the pass to Amare from Nash, 3rd quarter, score 44-54, Bowen tries to step on Amare's foot before he takes off for the dunk, but misses...

Next, in the 4th, on the pass to Amare from Diaw (over the shoulder), Bowen kicks Amare in the achilles tendon - that is why he came down wincing.

I do think the Suns ought to send the tape into the league. But let's be honest - nothing will be done about it. This is how Bowen has played for years - and gets rewarded with 1st team all-defense year after year. I think it is a punk move to go after someone's legs, but in reality, the refs don't see it since they are watching for body and arm contact - so it is a very sly move. No wonder Isiah wanted to pound him earlier in the year.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thats fine if its on video I dont care if the refs see it, the league can review video and if its blatant something can and would be done about it! Someone needs to get the video to the team or someone to get to the league. Why we have to wait for them to injure someone?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I'll be honest, from watching the Bowen clips it is hard to say if he was going for a cheap shot instead of just making a step towards the guy and then realizing he wasn't going to get there. I'm not ready to say they are trying to hurt people.

That said, the Spurs are one of the more cheap-shot oriented teams.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
I'll be honest, from watching the Bowen clips it is hard to say if he was going for a cheap shot instead of just making a step towards the guy and then realizing he wasn't going to get there. I'm not ready to say they are trying to hurt people.

That said, the Spurs are one of the more cheap-shot oriented teams.

sorry. i didn't see it. no need to be chicken little here. bowen occasionally does the dirty play (so did raja in game 1 where he threw down manu) but not here

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I noticed on the ESPN highlights amare ws wincing after the finish from the no look pass from diaw. He look like he didn't get off the ground too well, and was in pain when he landed. I didn't get to see the game, but wondered if anyone else noticed it.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry--this thread is ridiculous.

If Bowen did anything remotely resembling what he is being accused of here, believe me, the NBA will examine the tape and take appropriate action. If a fan could discover such an act and post about it on an Internet message board, I am sure the Suns and the league could see it, too. Until that happens, this thread really is lame.

To call the Spurs the dirtiest team in the league is really way out of bounds.

Your team won a great game. Don't spoil it by this type of ranting.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

If Bowen did anything remotely resembling what he is being accused of here, believe me, the NBA will examine the tape and take appropriate action. If a fan could discover such an act and post about it on an Internet message board, I am sure the Suns and the league could see it, too. Until that happens, this thread really is lame.

You really think the NBA will do anything? Duncan gets away with complaning on EVERY call, Manu constantly flops and bowen is a cheap shot artist. Most everyone knows this, even the NBA. This is the reason we are upset at some of these calls, especially when it comes to one of our star players.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'd say the jury is out on the "dirty" part, but the amount of uncalled physical contact is not really in dispute.

There's no doubt that the Suns prefer tightly called games which cuts down on the rough stuff. It's not the Suns style to foul and frankly they're not as good at getting away with it as the Spurs.

It would not be so bad if the Spurs simply admitted they play rough because they can. That's certainly Pat Riley's position. No, the Spurs constantly act like every foul called on them is some kind of travesty.

Where is the line between being rough and being dirty? I can't say for sure, but it is clear the Spurs are awfully close to that line.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Suns fans need to quit whining and complaining. There are a lot of people doing exactly what the Spurs do and it doesn't make us look very good when we are calling out their players for being whiners and babies; but I have heard more talk about dirty plays, bad calls by refs, and complaing about Duncan complaining and Manu flopping by Suns fans than I have seen those things actually taking place on the court.

Be happy we won game 2 and lets get ready for game 3. Show some support for this team and we can get this thing taken care of. Just quit acting like schoolkids.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People keep asking why we don't like the Spurs. The answer they want to hear is that we're jealous. They don't want to hear any of the rest of the complaints about the way the Spurs play and act because it doesn't fit their "pure as driven snow" image of the Spurs.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, Bowen kicked Amare in the ankle from behind, just as he was trying to elevate for the dunk--if you're looking to injure another player without getting caught, that's about as effective a 'move' as you'll find. Obviously, Bowen is a cheap-shot artist and always has been, so it's no surprise he would go after Amare's surgically-repaired leg like that.

To me, the question is, is going after Amare's legs one of the Spurs' strategies in this series? Beyond the Bowen play, both Ginobili and Duncan grabbed Amare's leg during last night's game; it's unusual for a player to grab and hold an opponent's leg even once during a game.

Something to look for, anyway, in game 3. :shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duncan is a crybaby, he complained about a call I saw where on the replay he jumped up and hit NO BALL, all hand and hes whining afterward. I can understand it at some point but there is a reason the entire nation looks at the spurs as crybabys, they obviously do it the most.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are rediculous!

:koolaid: