Did Bowen kick Amare on the final dunk??

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bowen DOES grab and hold Nash constantly though, and without calls. Watch, each time as Nash goes by Bowen his left should and arm are pulled back. Bowen doesn't just brush him, he grabs him and holds him.

This is probably true, since ever great defender does something illegal but knows how to get away with. Like bumping a shooters elbow on the way up in a way that does not look like contact, but is enough to seriously impact the shooter's usual FG%.

I guess we can only hope for more holding and grabbing by Bowen, though, because it has done nothing to stop Nash from blowing right by him at will.

Spursforever

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:wave: welcome. good to see some Spurs fans showing up and posting.

Welcome. I still have it recorded. I didn't see anything on that play.

Thanks guys! I figured this was an opportune moment to join. Everything that needs to be said about last night's game was fully covered by Pop and Horry. At least from the SATX perspective. No ifs, ands or buts.

Cheers!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I figured this was an opportune moment to join. Everything that needs to be said about last night's game was fully covered by Pop and Horry. At least from the SATX perspective. No ifs, ands or buts.

Cheers!

Welcome SF.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Even the biggest Spurs fan can't seriously argue against Bowen being dirty. Just look at those Youtube clips from Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford, and Vince Carter. On a side note the clips of Kobe abusing Bruce Bowen are really awesome. I know most on this board hate Kobe Bryant but he can do some amazing things with the basketball.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Even the biggest Spurs fan can't seriously argue against Bowen being dirty. Just look at those Youtube clips from Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford, and Vince Carter. On a side note the clips of Kobe abusing Bruce Bowen are really awesome. I know most on this board hate Kobe Bryant but he can do some amazing things with the basketball.

uh..yes they can just head over to spurstalk.com

AZZenny

Reaction score
The Spurs fans sitting behind us were constantly accusing the Suns and fans of whining, but their every OTHER sentence was urging the Spurs to 'take Nash/Amare/Raja/Barbosa/KT'out of the game' or 'knock him flat, and of course they saw NONE of the fouls called on Spurs players and complained bitterly each and every time. They even accused the Suns of somehow officially erasing a foul by Marion they were sure had been on the board. Losers.

I just hope whoever accidentally lands all his 200-plus pounds heel-first on Bowen's instep doesn't roll an ankle doing it.

Last edited:

RingtheBell

Registered
Reaction score
Popovich: Bruce, I want him out of commission.
Bowen: Sensei, we can beat this team.
Popovich: I don't want them beaten.
Bowen: But I'll be disqualified
Popovich: OUT OF COMMISSION.

Someone photoshop plzzzzzz!

Attachments

• cobrakai.jpg
    cobrakai.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 458

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bothers me the most is that the Spurs like to bump and hold with seldom a foul call. If the Suns touch a Spurs player invariably they are called for a foul. I would just like the games to be called fairly both ways.

Three plays that bothered me the most was Ginobili (I believe) holding Amare by the leg/ foot when he was trying to cut to the basket. How there is a no call when everyone in the arena and TV sees it but the referees don't is ridiculous. There was also another play where Duncan plows into Amare who is stationed near the basket with his arms straight up and he is called for the foul. I can live with the contact on a play like this but I cannot see any way shape or form Amare should get called for a foul when Duncan just plows into him. Also I disliked the way Popovich complained to the referees and got a T when Nash took a charge (I believe by Duncan). Nash was clearly outside the circle and had his feet set. It wasn't even close. I just do not understand why Popovich was protesting on the play. The TV analysts were curious as well. Obviously I missed a number of even more blatant fouls by the Spurs as well.

IMO, the Spurs are a great team that does not need to take their play to a lower level... or maybe they do?

Last edited:

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
IMO, the Spurs are a great team that does not need to take to take their play to a lower level... or maybe they do?

I've been thinking along that same line. I hate what they do, but in a way it almost seems significant that they feel they have to do it...... :)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I disliked the way Popovich complained to the referees and got a T when Nash took a charge (I believe by Duncan). Nash was clearly outside the circle and had his feet set. It wasn't even close. I just do not understand why Popovich was protesting on the play. The TV analysts were curious as well. Obviously I missed a number of even more blatant fouls by the Spurs as well.

I actually admired Pops for that one because in no way do I think he honestly believed that was worth arguing so much it deserved a T. I believe that was Pops stepping up to the plate for his star, Duncan, who picked up foul No. 3 before the half.

Now, Duncan knows he screwed up, but he was upset it was foul No. 3, and he's just not accustomed to being in foul trouble in the first half. You could tell he was about to go off, but Pops knows there's probably a very fine line the Duncan can't cross, so he runs out and debates the point for Duncan to keep him from getting T'd up (which probably runs the angst high enough for another T).

So ... I think Pops took one on the chin to insure his player stays in the game (both mentally and literally). Notice we didn't see anything like that the rest of the game, although there were surely more questionable calls than that one.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
I stand by my initial comments.

Phoenix fans--your team played great.

They are a great team.

Nash is a future Hall of Famer--and he showed why last night.

Everything else about something some alleged Mav fans stated on a Mav website doesn't amount to a hill of beans and it cheapens the level of discussion on this website.

Unless I hear Coach D. make an issue about this allegation (and believe me--he is not shy about complaining about either calls or non-calls), I am filing this issue in file 13.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
I stand by my initial comments.

Phoenix fans--your team played great.

They are a great team.

Nash is a future Hall of Famer--and he showed why last night.

Everything else about something some alleged Mav fans stated on a Mav website doesn't amount to a hill of beans and it cheapens the level of discussion on this website.

Unless I hear Coach D. make an issue about this allegation (and believe me--he is not shy about complaining about either calls or non-calls), I am filing this issue in file 13.

ive said before that i respect your inputs to this board, but i have to go with the dirty play on this one. i dont see any clear reason for him to flair his leg out how he did, especially into amare's leg. maybe it was just frustrating and maybe it was an accident, but it doesnt seem like a natural basketball move.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
on second look it seemed he may have tried to step on amare's ankle on the way up.

again i could be completely wrong

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Embarassing if Amare did his ankle on that play.

They ought to send this sort of stuff to the league. If anything the refs might watch out for the Spurs sniping tactics.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
i think the league would probably see some validity to the suns complaining about that. if amare would have jumped a second later, he could have been seriously injured.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
WOW
I was skeptical till I saw this view
Bowen is a punk!
this should be sent to the NBA
It's not like he has never been accused of this type of stuff before
Vince carter wanted to beat his a$$ for this type of play

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW
I was skeptical till I saw this view
Bowen is a punk!
this should be sent to the NBA
It's not like he has never been accused of this type of stuff before
Vince carter wanted to beat his a$$ for this type of play

I was skeptical as well. It really looked dirty to me.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
like I said, embarassing.

look at the video cheese
this was deliberate.this guy has been accused of this before MANY times
Vince Carter wanted to kick his a$$ for this type of play
How can you explain his actions on this play

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look at the video cheese
this was deliberate.this guy has been accused of this before MANY times
Vince Carter wanted to kick his a$$ for this type of play
How can you explain his actions on this play

I have seen the video - someone turns around, begins to run and stops short in their tracks awkwardly and a leg slips - simple as that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05