Do Suns have one of the least brightest present/future in the West?

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
You have to have players and coaches who want to play unselfish basketball revolved around ball movement. We already know we don't have the coaches for it, how many players do we have that are actually unselfish?

Bledsoe is working on it, imo. He sets up shooters and they miss. :D

But you have a bunch of one on one type players with questionable ball handling skills.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a couple of tweaks to this team and they could be much better. Better outside shooting would be a start. More ball movement. The ball stops with Gerald Green and with the twins. They both shoot so many contested midrange jumpers (and make an impressive number of them) but rarely pass except to each other.

The twins need to NOT be on the same team. They prefer each other to the detriment of the team.

One good quality free agent veteran (or Danny Granger?) as a locker room presence and maybe another move and this could be a completely different team.

Oh well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a couple of tweaks to this team and they could be much better. Better outside shooting would be a start. More ball movement. The ball stops with Gerald Green and with the twins. They both shoot so many contested midrange jumpers (and make an impressive number of them) but rarely pass except to each other.

The twins need to NOT be on the same team. They prefer each other to the detriment of the team.

One good quality free agent veteran (or Danny Granger?) as a locker room presence and maybe another move and this could be a completely different team.

Oh well.

As I see it the Suns need depth at center and FC with the addition of some outside shooting. I'm assuming the Morris twins will still be here.

I want the Suns to add at least another center and a FC that can play both positions plus keeping Wright. The Suns need more outside shooting so perhaps Danny Granger helps, if he stays.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I see it the Suns need depth at center and FC with the addition of some outside shooting. I'm assuming the Morris twins will still be here.

I want the Suns to add at least another center and a FC that can play both positions plus keeping Wright. The Suns need more outside shooting so perhaps Danny Granger helps, if he stays.

It depends on what they have to pay Wright. He has the opportunity to be a vet presence going forward.

I don't know what to do with the Morris twins. They are knuckleheads. The fact that they are both together reinforces their "knuckleheadedness." The best thing might be to ship or cut Marcus.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on what they have to pay Wright. He has the opportunity to be a vet presence going forward.

I don't know what to do with the Morris twins. They are knuckleheads. The fact that they are both together reinforces their "knuckleheadedness." The best thing might be to ship or cut Marcus.

when you have cancer, you don't just cut out a portion of it... you try to cleave all of it from the body. they both need to go, otherwise the remaining cancer will continue to spread through the body.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It seems to me, the Suns committed to keeping Wright when they traded the Minnesota pick. I don't think the Suns want to admit failure here.

I think the Suns are stuck with the Morris twins this upcoming season (providing they are not convicted of a felony). I think moving Marcus only escalates the situation in a bad way.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a perfect world, draft Kaminsky and sign Jimmy Butler (I know, I know, not going to happen).

Len
Kaminsky
Tucker
Butler
Bledsoe

that line up has a nice offensive/defensive balance and good spacing.

Off the bench
Wright
Markieff
TJ Warren
Archie
Knight

Let Gerald go. Marcus sits or walks. I don't think it would make things worse to get rid of him. The twins lost all "together" privileges with the arrest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a perfect world, draft Kaminsky and sign Jimmy Butler (I know, I know, not going to happen).

Len
Kaminsky
Tucker
Butler
Bledsoe

that line up has a nice offensive/defensive balance and good spacing.

Off the bench
Wright
Markieff
TJ Warren
Archie
Knight

Let Gerald go. Marcus sits or walks. I don't think it would make things worse to get rid of him. The twins lost all "together" privileges with the arrest.

Interesting. I'm not sure how Len and Kaminsky would work together but OKC played Kanter and Adama together so who knows. Kaminsky may not be ready to start. I don't think Markieff will be a happy camper and this may impact the whole team. The Suns are in a mess. I can see the twins at the end of the bench in their own world. I do think the Suns need at least a couple more big bodies and some shooters. Who wouldn't like Butler. He is a star right now.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id absolutely agree with the poster. They have no superstar talent or potential on this roster. They have a lot of guys who are great supporting players and play with the way they play, they will be stuck at .500 and picking 10-15 forever. With the way everything is structured, they MUST unload these mediocre guys and be very bad for a few years. You cant build a thurough team by purchasing superstars. Miami and clevland can do it because of LeBron. The Lakers and Knicks may POSSIBLY be able to do it because of the market.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns have become the Nuggets of 2-3 seasons ago... with and without Iguadala... basically a threath to win 50 wins WHEN everything is in perfect harmony. But when everyone is "off" from their best is a sub 40 win team.

Too many "good" players, but no one "very good" or "star" level.

McD have stated many times he is looking for a star... so surely he is aware of what we fans are aware of.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Suns have become the Nuggets of 2-3 seasons ago... with and without Iguadala... basically a threath to win 50 wins WHEN everything is in perfect harmony. But when everyone is "off" from their best is a sub 40 win team.

McD have stated many times he is looking for a star... so surely he is aware of what we fans are aware of.

Don't have the assets for a true star. Need to hit the draft jackpot.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This. Our roster is full of guys that could round out a team and bench. Something the Suns have lacked in the past. However, they lack that one guy...that star on the team. This team can't make a deep run in the playoffs with your best guy being Eric Bledsoe. He is your "second" guy on a great team at best.

You need a big man IMO more than anything on this team. Could you imagine how scary this team would be if we just drafted an Amare caliber type player and he could grow with this roster? This team could be scary.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This. Our roster is full of guys that could round out a team and bench. Something the Suns have lacked in the past. However, they lack that one guy...that star on the team. This team can't make a deep run in the playoffs with your best guy being Eric Bledsoe. He is your "second" guy on a great team at best.

You need a big man IMO more than anything on this team. Could you imagine how scary this team would be if we just drafted an Amare caliber type player and he could grow with this roster? This team could be scary.

Those "stars" don't sign with crappy teams. What the Suns need is a very good player or two in order to become somewhat relevant and interesting to actual stars. Last year's Dragic was probably the closest thing to that, but they pissed that away. Now we can hope that Warren and/ or Len explode and become very good players. I really don't think the Suns will be good until the ball starts moving around, so Bledsoe and the twins need to go, but nobody in their right mind is taking those three contracts. We can hope that Dragic screws Miami over and we end up with a couple of good picks maybe?

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am just not optimistic about this organization right now. They are stagnant, mediocre, and not very fun to watch. I think we have a few promising pieces like Warren and Len (if he can stay healthy) but I just am not excited. The FO needs to work magic to make this team a contender in the West and I just don't know if they have the ability to do so. If MCD can turn this stagnant franchise around in the next couple years that would be great, but boy are we far from the days of Nash/Amare/Matrix days of extremely competitive basketball.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Last year's Dragic was probably the closest thing to that, but they pissed that away.

Just can't give it up, huh?

Since Dragic was is an attractive draw, it's amazing that every major free agent rebuffed the Suns.

Good theory though.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Since Dragic was is an attractive draw, it's amazing that every major free agent rebuffed the Suns.

Good theory though.
If Dragic wasn't the closest thing to an attractive draw during his last full season with the Suns (considering his All League recognition and Bledsoe missing half of the season), who was?

And who is now? The closest one is Bledsoe and he is bottom tier vs. other NBA teams' attractive draw.

We just don't have one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good theory though.

was just going to post that. We couldn't even get Pau or Bosh to give us a whiff, Love according to reports wanted no part of being here, and the major superduper stars... yeah, right.

Dragic wasn't any kind of draw for this team. Most very good, but not great players are like that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dragic wasn't the closest thing to an attractive draw during his last full season with the Suns (considering his All League recognition and Bledsoe missing half of the season), who was?

And who is now? The closest one is Bledsoe and he is bottom tier vs. other NBA teams' attractive draw.

We just don't have one.

we didn't with Dragic either. Being the closest thing THIS team had to a draw and actually BEING a draw are two completely different things.

that said, Bledsoe isn't a draw either, but trying to make any argument that Dragic was can't be back up by anything more then wishful thinking and completely ignoring the fact that we had OODLES of cap space last off-season and didn't get a whiff from anyone in a bonanza of a FA class.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty damn sure that Bledsoe and Knight have more "street cred" among NBA players than Dragic.

none of those three players have any street cred as far as luring big FAs anywhere.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We just don't have one.

Dragic wasn't either. In fact, Bledsoe has more potential for that than Dragic, and I am not really high on Bledsoe.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We couldn't even get Pau or Bosh to give us a whiff, Love according to reports wanted no part of being here, and the major superduper stars... yeah, right.

This is what absolutely kills me. Which means there are only few ways to change that. Draft said player by getting low enough in the draft, trade for said player or hope for a new owner to restore the teams reputation.

SunsFan89

Reaction score
If the Suns had prime Hakeem on this team this season, would they win the championship?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If the Suns had prime Hakeem on this team this season, would they win the championship?
Would he see action in the 4th quarter? It would take Coaches not inclined to move their Power Forward to Center because he could make some 3-point shots.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05