Draft Prospects thread

cly2tw

Reaction score
I don't know where this attitude rumor mentioned by some guy here came from. He normally is a good kid, but he did start a fight after a Puerto Rico player broke his nose that got both national teams into an all-out brawl.

Actually, that's a great attitude to have!:D That's some toughness at least. We don't want too many Zarko's and TT's here.:D

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
hey actually zarko is a pretty good player. ill take his 1.75 blocks per 25 minutes played anyday.

Larry brown ****ed him over by making him sit on the bench. U remember the same larry brown that benched -lebron, wade, amare, and carmelo.

In my honest opinion, I think its better if we pick an american player right now. mainly cuz our championship hopes lies on steve nash and he is getting older by the day.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
hey actually zarko is a pretty good player. ill take his 1.75 blocks per 25 minutes played anyday.

Larry brown ****ed him over by making him sit on the bench. U remember the same larry brown that benched -lebron, wade, amare, and carmelo.

In my honest opinion, I think its better if we pick an american player right now. mainly cuz our championship hopes lies on steve nash and he is getting older by the day.
you are thinking of darko.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
oops my bad.

zarko cabarkappa? well dantoni didnt draft him. colangelo did.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yao commented recently the Suns would be a perfect team for Yi because of his playing style.

Yi did play against Team USA last summer twice, averaging 13.5/8.

Here is his latest dunk in the 1st game of the CBA finals. And it is in NBA daily top 10 plays, ranked at No.8.

You must be registered for see images

mms://a1234.v203537.c20353.g.vm.aka...0&cs=18777397A7E3D7218AF5F45A3B17BE1FF79E075F

I don't know where this attitude rumor mentioned by some guy here came from. He normally is a good kid, but he did start a fight after a Puerto Rico player broke his nose that got both national teams into an all-out brawl.

HOw much did he pay the other team to step aside and let him dunk like that?

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
how come no one is talking about randolph morris- he is an free agent. I hear he has lottery pick talent.

he could help phx

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
how come no one is talking about randolph morris- he is an free agent. I hear he has lottery pick talent.

he could help phx

He's still playing for Kentucky. He got an exemption to play this year. He's not a bad player - can run the floor well, block shots, finish around the basket. If he was there with our Cleveland pick I wouldn't mind. No sooner though.

sunsfn

Reaction score
He's still playing for Kentucky. He got an exemption to play this year. He's not a bad player - can run the floor well, block shots, finish around the basket. If he was there with our Cleveland pick I wouldn't mind. No sooner though.

He is not going to be in the draft, he is a free agent.

He went in the draft and was not picked so he went back to school and is a free agent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

he could help phx

As others said he's not really a lottery pick, and since he's a free agent nobody has to pick him anyways. To his credit he's worked hard and improved a lot but it still annoys me to no end that he's playing at UK.

Complete mockery of the draft system, he broke every single rule despite CONSTANT reports on ESPN and elsewhere that he knew he was breaking the rules by not paying his own way, and by using an "advisor" as an agent unofficially. But Tubby Smith "finds" a fax buried on his desk that says Morris is testing the waters, will not hire an agent, and intends to keep the right to go back to UK, and the NCAA let him back?

What a crock.

cly2tw

Reaction score
As others said he's not really a lottery pick, and since he's a free agent nobody has to pick him anyways. To his credit he's worked hard and improved a lot but it still annoys me to no end that he's playing at UK.

Complete mockery of the draft system, he broke every single rule despite CONSTANT reports on ESPN and elsewhere that he knew he was breaking the rules by not paying his own way, and by using an "advisor" as an agent unofficially. But Tubby Smith "finds" a fax buried on his desk that says Morris is testing the waters, will not hire an agent, and intends to keep the right to go back to UK, and the NCAA let him back?

What a crock.

What's the difference, after left out in the draft, to play your way back to NBA by going back to school or by playing in the D-league or CBA or abroad?:shrug:

He was risking guaranteed money by declaring too early.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
well the ncaa exploits athletes like him. are u really surprised they allowed him bck to play. he didnt hire an agent he can still play again-its that simple.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well the ncaa exploits athletes like him. are u really surprised they allowed him bck to play. he didnt hire an agent he can still play again-its that simple.

The rules were quite clear and he clearly broke them. one of those espn insider guys wrote about it repeatedly the year he came out and repeatedly cited morris as a guy making a huge mistake because he wasn't going to be a first rounder and he'd screwed up because now he couldn't go back to college.

He applied for reinstatement and originally the NCAA said no, then Tubby Smith finds this mysterious fax buried on his desk which "proves" that he had not intended to hire an agent and the guy acting as his agent was just an advisor.

The original ruling was he could come back to school, but he had to sit out the season and would lose that year of eligibility. THey ruled he'd accepted the equivalent of 7K in money from NBA teams in terms of expenses related to tryouts for NBA teams. THey also ruled that the SFX had scheduled, arranged and confirmed workouts for him with multiple NBA teams, had consulted NBA teams about his draft status, and that he'd clearly had a "relationship" with an agent.

Kentucky appealed and because of this stupid fax, they reinstated him last year. He broke a series of rules but they let him back in. What's the point of having the rules if you ignore them when someone breaks them?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference, after left out in the draft, to play your way back to NBA by going back to school or by playing in the D-league or CBA or abroad?:shrug:

He was risking guaranteed money by declaring too early.

To me the difference is UK got a player for 2 years who had violated his amateur status and wasn't supposed to be able to play again for them.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
anyone here think Josh mcroberts would be a good nba player? I hvnt really seen him play but since he is in the duke team that has underachieved I dnt think he will make that much of an impact. what do u guys think?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
anyone here think Josh mcroberts would be a good nba player? I hvnt really seen him play but since he is in the duke team that has underachieved I dnt think he will make that much of an impact. what do u guys think?
I've watched McRoberts play a couple of times and I haven't been impressed with his game. I don't see him being an impact player in the NBA or even making an All-Star team in his career. If he's lucky, his ceiling would be at a Tom Gugliotta level.

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
see thats what I thought. evry media about the nbs draft compares him to a less athletic chris webber. R u serious.

outside from Grant Hill- duke players hardly become impact players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think he is coming out because he's afraid to stay at Duke anymore and let Coach K turn him into a 2nd rounder. He's soft but he's athletic and can shoot, some NBA team will take him and then spend a few years getting frustrated with him.

When are these big kids going to figure out Coach K tells every kid the same thing, I'll make you the next Laettner, but in reality in his system he wastes bigs?

Next up is Kyle Singler next year.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
see thats what I thought. evry media about the nbs draft compares him to a less athletic chris webber. R u serious.

outside from Grant Hill- duke players hardly become impact players.

Christian Laettner(His first 6 years in the NBA), Carlos Boozer(Allstar), Elton Brand(Allstar), Corey Maggette(Borderline Allstar), Shane Battier(Great Role Player), Luol Deng(Future Allstar) and Jayson Williams if he didnt ruin his own career.

And i agree with whoever compared McRoberts ceiling to Tom Gugliotta(Googs used to be a 20/10 player with Minny), but he needs to really become more assertive on the court offensively, plus he needs to use his jumpshot more cause he can shoot the ball, just doesnt for some reason.(Probably cause he was Dukes only inside threat)

He can be a damn good rebounder in the NBA from the PF position like a David Lee/Drew Gooden because of his great athletic ability and long length.

But right now i wouldnt touch him in the lottery cause his game is suspect and you dont really know what you'll get at the NBA level.

He really does remind me of David Lee's situation when he was at Florida, and i think he can have the same kind of impact in the NBA.

If McRoberts is on the board with Clevelands pick you have to take him cause he could turn out to be a late round gem like Carlos Boozer or David Lee.Cause all the tools you want in a PF/C is there, he just hasnt really put it all together yet.

He would be a excellent Mid-late first round pick.

Last edited: