Edge James to visit Saturday

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stout said:
I think you're right. I think Edge is tired of playing third fiddle, and here he'd fit right in. Warner's not going to hog attention. Both Boldin and Fitz are humble guys. James isn't a loudmouth on a team. He has quietly gone about his job, but I think he has been peaved that he's considered the puzzle piece that doesn't matter.

I can see everyone is really getting fired up here. Steady dudes! Steady! We have been down this road before.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
I can see everyone is really getting fired up here. Steady dudes! Steady! We have been down this road before.
:)

Tony W

Ride it like u stole it!!!!!!!
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
If James signs here I'll seriously think about growing dreads. Maybe even ripping my front teeth out and getting some gold fronts. :thumbup:

You do know you don't have to pull your front teeth out to get the grill, right?:D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Shane H said:
I agree in general. But it would be uncommon for a guy like edge to be there without his agent. He is Rosenhaus marquee guy that he represents this year in FA.

An agent only shows up to an interview if there is serious negotiating to be going on. Other wise marquee player or not it is a waste of time.

Trust me agents dont show up to these things unless it is the real deal with all of the other players they handle he couldnt be at all of Edge interviews without ignoring all of his other players so he will only show up to the real deal ones.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
An agent only shows up to an interview if there is serious negotiating to be going on. Other wise marquee player or not it is a waste of time.

Trust me agents dont show up to these things unless it is the real deal with all of the other players they handle he couldnt be at all of Edge interviews without ignoring all of his other players so he will only show up to the real deal ones.

DOnt you have some pie to eat somewhere? :p

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Shane H said:
His injury is no excuse for his horrible play.
Dude, come in off the ledge....our Oline was really bad because we had so many injuries along it and no depth to speak of. Fix the depth and add a seasoned Center and Edge. This will fix this IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Dude, come in off the ledge....our Oline was really bad because we had so many injuries along it and no depth to speak of. Fix the depth and add a seasoned Center and Edge. This will fix this IMO.

Then you are delusional. Our O-line is bad not because of injury(which didnt help I will admit) but because they are a bunch of no talent run blocking wrecks who have no business starting on an NFL team. Our C needs to be replaced as do our LG and RT based on their play when healthy. They simply stink. Im willing to give Elton another year. But he is borderline at this point as well. We have the ability to fix it.

But your right we probably wont.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Graves did say the Cardinals have expanded their target list of free agents now that the team has more money to spend.

That sounds to me like they have changed course since they were afforded another 7.5 mill in cap space. I hardly think they were lying.

Or activated plan B

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Our O-line is bad not because of injury(which didnt help I will admit) but because they are a bunch of no talent run blocking wrecks who have no business starting on an NFL team.

iirc our starting center on opening wasn't with the team in camp, so how can you justify that statement ?

It suggests that you don't need to be in camp if you are a scrub FA waiting for a call to be good enough to start for an NFL team. It also says that training camp doesn't help you.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nidan said:
iirc our starting center on opening wasn't with the team in camp, so how can you justify that statement ?

It suggests that you don't need to be in camp if you are a scrub FA waiting for a call to be good enough to start for an NFL team. It also says that training camp doesn't help you.

Your rigth he wasnt. But when he was helathy and playing he was terrible and moved to G IIRC? So he was replaced with Wells and Leckey at somepoint during the year IIRC as well. Sure continuity didnt help. But neither did them playing when healthy. Same results.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
Boldin.

If we offer SA money......no reason that tomorrow night we aren't celebrating our first ever Franchise Back in AZ.

Man, I hope you're right...

:koolaid:

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
joeshmo said:

Unless that's exactly the perception that an agent wants to give other suiters... this is Rosnehaus remember.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I'd put the odds at the Cards signing Edge at about 10 percent. I hope they prove me wrong.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
You have to sell him! Boldin and Fitz Warner all should be there for some reason athletes respond well to having players recruit them so to speak GET HIM SIGNED.

I still haven't read through the other 8 pages....but this is a total legit issue...I think they like seeing how much they are wanted

Just look at what happened when the Suns wanted to sign Steve Nash..

Nash had met with Cuban in Dallas on Wednesday morning and then was greeted by a traveling Suns delegation that included chairman Jerry Colangelo, son and team president Bryan Colangelo, new owner Robert Sarver, coach Mike D'Antoni, former NBA player and Suns minority owner Steve Kerr, former Suns player and current scout Rex Chapman and forward Amare Stoudemire

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Rats said:
Another thing I was thinking is how much better would our OLine be with Edge behind it. I would think Davis and Ross would want to play that much better with a Franchise Back running behind them. Wells most likely is our LG and he isn't bad. Bring in a decent RG or move Ross there and bring in a RT and the Oline with Edge should be able to really gel. Center could be manned by Leckey and Step if Mawae or Bentley can't be had. I would be ok with this.

I agree with this. If the defense had to plan against a back like Edge, they wouldn’t be able to pin their ears back and rush the backfield so easily.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Well, I was quoting what Fitzsimmons said to Barklely.

Besides, should the Bidwills really hire people who would say, "We'll probably never win and never sellout, but you should sign here because it'd still be cool." ????

there's something to be said for that color called gray in the middle of black and white. you needn't be an idiot, but that doesn't mean you have to be delusional.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rats said:
If Edge signs and our Oline got depth and had a starting line of Davis, Wells, Bentley, Brown and Ross...I could live with it. I think it is fair to say that Elton Brown is going to get better in his second year and if you have Milford for depth instead of Wakefield or Bridges I think the line will be improved with these signings.

um, it just may be my memory, but i don't remember bentley suiting up for the cards. that's called making an upgrade, isn't it?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05