Edge James to visit Saturday

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Whats funny shane? Something to say?

Whats funny is all of the posters on here that somehow guarantee what the Cards are going to do like they are in the know. Its fricken hilarious to be exact.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
jefftheshark said:
If James signs here, then no LenDale White. Do we take a chance on Young, if he drops to us? If we address the OL and DT in Free agency, then Young would look like a no-brainer (no pun intended).

The Shark

i don't think taking a chance on vince young with the number 10 pick is worth it. you don't take chances when you pick this high. you have to be sure of that player. their just too many question marks on vince young to take that high. i would draft him in the third if he is still their.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Zeno said:
Well to be honest a stadium or new arena does often change things. Before AWA you could buy Suns playoff tickets on gameday at the Coliseum box office, you could get Suns regular season games for free from Circle K (buy 1 get 1 free for like getting a Thirstbuster and hot dog) and I clearly remember getting free tickets from my Jr High PE coach because the team gave out so many to schools for free just to put butts in the seats.

If the Cardinals put a good product on the field, with a new facility with more comfort for the fans people will fill up the stadium.

you can't compare the suns and cards. one has a winning history the other has a crappy history. one's arena seats 20,000 max, the other seats over 50,000. one has a sterling reputation for trying and the other has a putrid reputation for failing. the arena will bring a crowd for the first year and when the novelty wears off it's back to empty, particularly if the cards don't improve, which is ALWAYS in question given their trackrecord. you're delusional if you really want to stick by that previous statement.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Simply stating if Young is there at #10 he will be a Cardinal. Graves has pretty much said he would go pick him up at the airport. That being said I don't think he will fall out of the top 5 so its probally not an issue.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Simply stating if Young is there at #10 he will be a Cardinal. Graves has pretty much said he would go pick him up at the airport. That being said I don't think he will fall out of the top 5 so its probally not an issue.[/QUOT
Graves said we wouldnt bring in FA's like James too.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Of course its a no brainer whether Edge signs here or not! If Vince Young is there at #10 he will be a cardinal its not even debateable. While some of you would be disappointed with the pick if he is there its gonna happen they are not gonna pass on VY, and rightfully so if you do your just stupid.

Why is it a no-brainer? Signing James does not remove any of my doubts about Young. Signing James is a no-brainer. Drafting Young is not a no-brainer IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Ok Shane right, I must agree with you because everything you say is right.

Its about time you realized that. :thumbup:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Young would do nothing to help this team win next year. Unless they made him a wideout....and we don't need a wideout.

Young is going to take a lot of work to get him up to NFL level. The Cardinals don't have a great history of cultivating QBs. Dennis Green doesn't either. Culpepper, but that is about it. Green likes guys like Gannon, George, Cunningham and Warner. We need a backup QB........we need to start working on a QBOF, but we can't afford to take a huge gamble with the #10 overall. I'd be as happy with Drew Olson in the 6th as I would be with Vince Young in the 1st.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
if i were edge and someone from the cards said this to me i'd laugh and get on plane back to indy 'cuz i'd rather not sign with a team that hires delusional personnel.

Well, I was quoting what Fitzsimmons said to Barklely.

Besides, should the Bidwills really hire people who would say, "We'll probably never win and never sellout, but you should sign here because it'd still be cool." ????

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge or no edge, it'll have no impact on my opinion that the Cards would take Vince Young if they can.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i love your enthusiasm, but adding edge won't improve our oline. they're the same guys and if they can't be motivated to block for one guy 'cuz he's not edge, i don't want 'em on my team. the oline still sucks.

sorry to be the wet blanket but i'll believe the cards have a shot at edge when he signs. i won't be the least bit surprised if he cancels or uses us as the old bargaining chip.
If Edge signs and our Oline got depth and had a starting line of Davis, Wells, Bentley, Brown and Ross...I could live with it. I think it is fair to say that Elton Brown is going to get better in his second year and if you have Milford for depth instead of Wakefield or Bridges I think the line will be improved with these signings.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
If Edge signs and our Oline got depth and had a starting line of Davis, Wells, Bentley, Brown and Ross...I could live with it. I think it is fair to say that Elton Brown is going to get better in his second year and if you have Milford for depth instead of Wakefield or Bridges I think the line will be improved with these signings.

You could live with Ross at RT? If he is there ocme start of teh season I will be peeved. He is downright terrible. Bentley wouldnt be able to help him when hes 5 feet to his right.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
sr7706 said:
Per Jay Glazer, Edge is scheduled to meet with the Cards this weekend along with agent Drew Rosenhaus...

I hope this is true and indeed it would make the Cards to not be truth tellers. From their quotes why would the Cards even have them in for an interview if they were not interested? Why bother telling the public you are not going to sign a high profile player and then bring in one. The words have no effect one way or the other. I would be delighted to see the Cards sign this guy. It would sort of tell me they have changed their ways.

OP
OP
Rats

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Shane H said:
You could live with Ross at RT? If he is there ocme start of teh season I will be peeved. He is downright terrible. Bentley wouldnt be able to help him when hes 5 feet to his right.
Well I would say get ready to get peeved. I can see us upgrading at Center but we spent considerable money on Ross for RT and I think it is a slim chance that we would slide him to gaurd and replace Elton Brown there. DG commented that Ross would be a lot better this season. Whether that is meant as a backup or as the RT is subject to interpretation. I think better depth is the key so that if Ross got hurt again we would have a better option as a replacement. I think you sell Ross short. He had a bad year and got injured. It happens in the NFL.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
what team in its right mind brings in a player w/o his agent? that's a stupid line of reasoning.

A lot of them actually. So it is not a stupid line of reasoning in fact it is a very good one.

Agents have a ton of players to handle that will be FA's and Rookies coming into the league doing pro days. They cant be with all of their clients at every interview. Most contracts proposals with a a player are faxed to the agent or via confrence calls, not face to face.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Doesn't he already have an offer from the Colts? I agree though it is unusual for a guy to visit us this early in the process.

Maybe he thinks we have the money to give him a big offer that he can then shop elsewhere?

The colts are trying to fit him into their budget but it want be easy.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
CardNots said:
I'm sure his agent is coming because the Cards will make a take it or leave it offer. No bidding. We will make him an offer and he will take it or leave with no hope of coming back.

You dont bring an agent for a take it or leave it offer. You bring him in for face to face negotiations.

If you wanted to do a take it or leave it over all you have to do is just fax it to him or give him a call.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
john h said:
I hope this is true and indeed it would make the Cards to not be truth tellers. From their quotes why would the Cards even have them in for an interview if they were not interested? Why bother telling the public you are not going to sign a high profile player and then bring in one. The words have no effect one way or the other. I would be delighted to see the Cards sign this guy. It would sort of tell me they have changed their ways.

This is a direct quote from grave that JeffGollin had read and posted here on the board:

The Cardinals are not however, among the suitors for Minnesota quarterback Daunte Culpepper, a source with knowledge of the situation said. Culpepper was reportedly on the verge of being traded Thursday.

Graves did say the Cardinals have expanded their target list of free agents now that the team has more money to spend.

That sounds to me like they have changed course since they were afforded another 7.5 mill in cap space. I hardly think they were lying.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rats said:
Well I would say get ready to get peeved. I can see us upgrading at Center but we spent considerable money on Ross for RT and I think it is a slim chance that we would slide him to gaurd and replace Elton Brown there. DG commented that Ross would be a lot better this season. Whether that is meant as a backup or as the RT is subject to interpretation. I think better depth is the key so that if Ross got hurt again we would have a better option as a replacement. I think you sell Ross short. He had a bad year and got injured. It happens in the NFL.

His injury is no excuse for his horrible play.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
A lot of them actually. So it is not a stupid line of reasoning in fact it is a very good one.

Agents have a ton of players to handle that will be FA's and Rookies coming into the league doing pro days. They cant be with all of their clients at every interview. Most contracts proposals with a a player are faxed to the agent or via confrence calls, not face to face.

I agree in general. But it would be uncommon for a guy like edge to be there without his agent. He is Rosenhaus marquee guy that he represents this year in FA.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stout said:
Oh. Please. God. Yes.

Somewhere in my head I am hearing those words to that old Patsy Cline tune "you only build me up to let me down".

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder if the Cardinals had no plans to sign James because his high salary demands would possibly not allow them to secure deals with players that would shore up the problems on the rest of the team. (Let's face it, there are more than a few holes).

Once the new CBA was announced and they were given cap money they weren't counting on they decided just to throw all of it at James and see if he bit?