Eric Green

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
I am very impressed with this kid. He looks to be a baller. Cocky, with the game to back it up.

Would love to see him get even more time to see if he is the real deal.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with Green since day one. I wasn't worrried one bit when he was forced to play. He just needs to work on his tackling.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Green is actually a cover corner, I can't believe it. The Cardinals were actually able to use their safeties in different schemes because both corners could handle 1 on 1

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
His wife gave birth to his first child over the weekend also. He missed that to come start for us. Props to him, and congrats on the kid. He looked great, except for the falling down what is up with that, him and Rolle have the same problem. They need some new cleats or something.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love his hair. Dredlocks are cool.

Oh, and he's a pretty good player... plays like a 1st or 2nd round pick :thumbup:

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kid really looks like he has an attitude with a mean streak...tough looking too

Poorknight1

Registered
Reaction score
*Cough* Move Rolle to FS where he belongs! *Cough*

Sorry...something in my throat. In all seriousness I would rather see our best players get on the field and if that means moving Rolle around then I think we should do it. The kid is a player and he will have a meaningful impact from anywhere on the field so let's get them both out there. He'll never be able to blitz as a corner because, heaven forbid, he gets held up that means that a QB is going to have a shot at his #1 down field with Griffith or Wilson trying to cover and we all know how that's gonna go. Rolle being unable to blitz is like asking Vick to keep it in the pocket and beat someone with his arm. Why are you just going to take away someone's ability to make a difference like that?

I totally agree though...besides the slips and such it was a very solid performance. I was particularly impressed at how physical Green was playing as well as the fact that unless he was slipping or sliding tried to wrap up every time.

Hopefully we're in for more of the same.

PK1

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
dittos for Green, looks great.

i like the idea of Rolle and Green as our CB's...

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Poorknight1 said:
*Cough* Move Rolle to FS where he belongs! *Cough*

Sorry...something in my throat. In all seriousness I would rather see our best players get on the field and if that means moving Rolle around then I think we should do it. The kid is a player and he will have a meaningful impact from anywhere on the field so let's get them both out there. He'll never be able to blitz as a corner because, heaven forbid, he gets held up that means that a QB is going to have a shot at his #1 down field with Griffith or Wilson trying to cover and we all know how that's gonna go. Rolle being unable to blitz is like asking Vick to keep it in the pocket and beat someone with his arm. Why are you just going to take away someone's ability to make a difference like that?

I totally agree though...besides the slips and such it was a very solid performance. I was particularly impressed at how physical Green was playing as well as the fact that unless he was slipping or sliding tried to wrap up every time.

Hopefully we're in for more of the same.

PK1

we didn't draft Rolle to play FS...

I hear what you are saying but I don't see it happening.

Poorknight1

Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't matter where we drafted him to play as long as whatever position we have him in puts him in the right place to make plays.

PK1

seesred

Reaction score
Wilson, Griffith, Rolle and Green with Machlin and Tate backing up makes me feel good all over.

GBR

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
seesred said:
Wilson, Griffith, Rolle and Green with Machlin and Tate backing up makes me feel good all over.

GBR

A definite improvement over last year's dbs. With the exception of Griffith, a very young group that will get better.

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Green was great in coverage- the only time he got beat was when he was playing that horrible off coverage Clancy likes to use- I hate it- to easy to give up short 8 yrd gains and forty yards if you miss the tackle- its hard enough to tackle someone who is a NFL caliber playing why give them a five yard start and you have to come at the player- I HATE OFF COVERAGE-

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I think we should keep Rolle at CB......for now. Griffith has been playing really well. Green has had one good game, but he looks to be coming around. In nickel I believe Role should guard the slot and Green could guard the other team's 1, muxh like Daunta Robinson did last year. Our secondary is looking good.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
It's way to early to move a 1st round pick Corner to FS. Why confuse a rookie DB by making him learn 2 positions? It makes no business sense, and absolutely no football sense. Lets give up on him at Corner already, and move him to FS? LUDACRIS!!!!!!!!

He was the best corner on the team before injury, as posted by many others. I think the fans on this board are way to quick to jump on a bandwagon for a quick fix, like changing Rolle to FS this week would be good in the long run? :rolleyes:

I just don't buy it.

Rolle and Green at corner, and Wilson at S, look to be 3 very good pieces to the puzzle and Griffith is a decent piece until next season IMHO.

Poorknight1

Registered
Reaction score
It's not a matter of him not performing at CB nor did I ever insinuate such. My point is to get our best guys on the field at the same time. Griffith hasn't played poorly and it would be wrong to push him out now but I doubt he'll be around next year and, unfortunately, it's sounding like Antrel is gonna have a lot of time to study a playbook this year. =(

The money's all the same for the #8 guy regardless of what position he plays so it's not like we went out and got Champ Bailey and paid him corner money to play him at safety. :shrug: If Antrel can make a bigger difference for this team at corner then leave him at corner...if he plays better as a safety, and we won't know until we try, then stop using the "But he's a corner! Why would we move him?" spiel because it just doesn't matter as long as he is making plays.

Really though...don't assume that this is in any way, shape, or form an Antrel sucks thread because it's not. He was and absollutely continues to be the right pick for us. I just want to see him dominate like we think he can.

PK1

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
Rolle was obviously hurt against Seattle, and he had two very good games against the Giants and Rams. There is no need to move him away from corner. I love the way Green presents himself on the field, he looks like he is confident, and dares people to try and beat him.

GO CARDS!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I think we should keep Rolle at CB......for now. Griffith has been playing really well. Green has had one good game, but he looks to be coming around. In nickel I believe Role should guard the slot and Green could guard the other team's 1, muxh like Daunta Robinson did last year. Our secondary is looking good.

Griffith surprised me, the one play where Lloyd beat Green on the screen pass Griffith saved his bacon running down Lloyd, I didn't think he was fast enough to do that.

The thing we have to remember is the 49ers didn't have Eric Johnson so we basically could ignore their TE all night, much easier to play defense when your safeties and LB's don't have to worry about a TE. Which is why using Teyo more is so critical to our offense so that teams can't do to us what we did to SF.