ESPN News just reported..... (Old Thread - March 2005)

OP
OP
Skedoozy

Skedoozy

*lurk lurk lurk*
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I feel so... welcome? lol..

I understand.

My intentions are not to screw with anyone, I promise.

Sorry.

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skedoozy said:

I understand.

Sorry.

Sorry for what? It's a sports board, if any of us took half the stuff we said seriously we'd all be locked up......what do you mean it's time for more pills? And what's with the straight jacket?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skedoozy said:

I understand.

Sorry.

Is ok, it's late most of us are Gee'ed [:) ] and desperated for news.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
This is all insider has on Edge.

Edgerrin James
Colts
Cardinals?
Dolphins?
Buccaneers?
49ers? Mar. 11 - The Indianapolis Star lists four teams as possible suitors for James, whom the Colts are willing to trade after coming to the realization they can't sign him to the kind of long-term contract he is seeking. Agent Drew Rosenhaus told the paper the Colts won't necessarily demand a high price for James, potentially making acquiring the frachised running back easier on some teams.

According to the paper, the Cardinals meet all the criteria to be a legitimate suitor, but the team might choose to draft a running back with the No. 8 overall pick next month. Miami makes sense, as well, but coach Nick Saban has indicated the team isn't willing to give up much. Would a package of Patrick Surtain and a draft pick get it done?

Tampa Bay also needs a running back but still is experiencing salary-cap difficulty and might not be able to fit James in. The Star suggests a trade of Ronde Barber and a draft pick for James. The 49ers have both cap space and multiple draft picks to deal, plus the paper suggests they could include RB Kevan Barlow in a trade.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I checked ESPN Insider rumors and everywhere else and nothing. I watched the ticker on ESPN news and nothing. I hope the new guy is right, but I'm not seeing anything to support this so far.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
I just watched ESPN News cover Jay Fielder, George going back to the Titans, but not a damn thing about Edge :hulk:

Oh how could I forget, ESPN covered the top story maker Doug Flutie too :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I've just turned on espnnews... i'll post if i see anything

On the other boards it said ESPN radio. I'll listen to it for a while and see if I hear it.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
From that Colts power msg board link:

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I got a call from a friend in Columbus, Ohio...heard it on Fox sports radio..the deal with Arizona is all but signed.

:shock:
[/font]

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
On the other boards it said ESPN radio. I'll listen to it for a while and see if I hear it.

Good I don't know how long I will be able to stay at this post, I am getting kind of sleepy. These big moves are becoming commonplace and old hat.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll say it right now.... If Edge doesn't come in gift wrapped with a new deal, this entire deal sucks

bratwurst

Reaction score
I think most of espnnews is just repeating every half an hour anyway. They probably won't have anything current on there until they record a new show to look for the next 4 hours.

CorporalCardinal

Look! A Cards fan in Iraq
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I'll say it right now.... If Edge doesn't come in gift wrapped with a new deal, this entire deal sucks

I doubt that Green and Graves would screw up and not have a contract worked out before hand. This ain't Mac's team anymore folks.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I think most of espnnews is just repeating every half an hour anyway. They probably won't have anything current on there until they record a new show to look for the next 4 hours.
yea they film a new one every 3 hours unless something major breaks.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Espo said:
yea they film a new one every 3 hours unless something major breaks.

I guess they aren't going to wake up the talent to report an internet rumor :shrug:

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Skedoozy,

Welcome, but PLEASE, you can't do this. I am shaking like a man standing outside a dollar *****-house with 99 cents in his pocket.

Confirmation? Link? What forum?

*edit* oops, there it is. :)

This might be the funniest thing I've ever read.

bratwurst

Reaction score
They should have kept Craig Kilborn around instead of making him slum it at comedy central.

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
They should have kept Craig Kilborn around instead of making him slum it at comedy central.
I think Kilborn chose to leave. But anybody got anything else on Edge?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but this is off of rotoworld.com:

NFL Network reports Shaun Alexander will not sign his one-year tender to stay with the team. He has likely played his last game as a Seahawk.
Alexander says he will only stay in Seattle under a long-term deal, which the Seahawks are unwilling to offer. Alexander could hold out, but it sounds like he'll be traded before that can happen, possibly for as little as a second-round pick. Look for Arizona to get involved. Mar. 11 - 7:16 pm et

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but I must say, landing one of either James or Alexander would be a great move.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This whole thing smacks of a "Sam vs. Gary" farce a la Cheers. I think someone planted this story on those boards. Probably a Rams fan. This is killing me. My 'Cuse boys just kicked UConns arse and now I can't enjoy it because I'm sitting here.

OT - Did anyone see that game? That was AWESOME!!! Best D I've seen Syracuse play all year. Although, I was saying to my girlfriend that it's funny how any other fan of a team that was up by 20 could go to bed and rest assured they'd win, and somehow, Syracuse always lets them back in... oh well, keeps me watching.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05